Reviews for Foxglove
emptyword chapter 2 . 1/3/2011
This is -excellent-! I have no idea how you do it, but you've captured exactly that aura that canon carries. Conan's speech pattern is spot-on. When I read the "you are a girl" line, I was actually disappointed because it seemed like you were going for the crack - and I was getting really into the case! :P Not to say that this isn't cracky (lol, now that "Queen" makes sense), but you handle it seriously enough for there to be a niggling possibility. Honestly, I'd love to see you do a full-out AU with Queen!Kaito. Especially if there's a bit of Aoko - I'm very curious about their history together. Aoko would certainly know Kaito's female because they knew each other before Kaito's father died, right? ...Hmm, this is so interesting.
emptyword chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
This is brilliant. Excellent hook in, with a clean set-up for the parallel between his father's death and Nakamori's death - and the red eyes of the respective women who love them and what those women meant to Kaito. In just a few lines, you dig right into Kaito's soul. The description of Kaito as a "maddened boy" is never more fitting, especially after the previous paragraph: deceptively detached exposition interrupted by Kaito's PTSD stream-of-consciousness in jarring italics. Fantastic use of the prompt.

If I were to be extremely picky, I might suggest re-wording the line revealing his mother's death. "...except Mother is dead" is too abrupt, too honest, for a man whose thoughts are so disjointed: "should have been faster should have stopped him no-one gets hurt..."

Typo alert: "jem" should be "gem."
DetectiveConanFan13 chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
I like it. It is kind of angsty, but I love angst when it is well written!