Reviews for Iron Shadows, Paper Wings
Pearl of the Orient Seas chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
My tears really fell when I read this. I really felt the emotions that was written here...

Great job! Thank you for letting me read this kind of story :)
Kyrastri chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Beautifully written. I loved the way you made death not a sad thing, but more of a link to heaven. Your writing isn't what I normally read; it's more inspiring, unique. It touches your heart with skillfully crafted words, just perfect to match the intended tone. A wonderful piece, indeed.

I really hope you still write pieces like this, even though they're confusing to read, you always get t at the end and it really gets down deep.

Faniela chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
Lovely, just lovely. (though it actually took me a while to remember who Icarus was) Angsty, but not overly so. Sad and tragic, but with an ending that still allows one to believe in a happily ever after.

'Light lives in all that was loved by the Goddess; love is a beacon to each ocean you roam.'

Loved it.
Natsume Y chapter 1 . 11/9/2009

The story of Icarus and Daedalus has always had this timeless quality about it, from the moral of the story to the aesthetic imagery of melted wax wings and angels fallen from the hubris of that unreachable dream. This retelling of the story channels the anguish of loss beautifully, though I can't claim to understand it completely owing to my incomplete knowledge of the fandom.

Every image by itself is only halfway concrete, descriptions layered and ethereal, pretty enough and quietly meaningless, but when everything's bound up together (with section headings half symbolic in their own right) in the part infinity it just becomes so very, very beautiful, so perfect and so complete and so eternal.

I'm sorry that this review ended up more gushing than constructicve criticism, but it's been a long time since I've read fic like this and it continues to elicit nothing but the greatest awe in me.

Thank you for writing. Favouriting, by the way~

- within winter's grace
Zethos chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Nice story. I especially liked the tone, and the part where he receives letters and parcels from his wife and son. 'Entering heaven' is a favorite theme of mine, if done well XD. However, I was rather confused on the relationship of the blacksmith and the adventurer (friends?), but it could just be only me, yep. Alright, I hope you get more reviews :) It's one of the best pieces here in the section, yep.
Sobriquet Nightmare chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
I liked this very, very much.

I especially liked how it managed to blend from poetry to prose within the story itself. The first few sections /1.0 to /10 were very free-form poetry and thus were more open to interpretation, but then it began to solidify from /pi onwards into a harder stance of sorts. I find this irony to the story extremely fascinating, since it's in the reverse of the sequence of evens. (The form solidifies from free form while the storyline moves from bondage to freedom.)

I also love the fact that it's not too angsty of sorts. It can be the kind of daily ponderings of a normal person just staring at the sky (although I doubt the general population would think that deep.) Sometimes though I wish that I knew more, and that's when I realise that this really works in letting the reader think for themselves about how it really is about whether or not you choose to let yourself see things in a rigid opinion or a more expansive perspective instead of focusing on the details of the family. It somehow explains the characters through their speech and subtleties.

A lot of regular nouns became proper nouns. I guess this was purposely meant to emphasise on those nouns. Like "Nemesis". Very important details.

Some of the symbols don't show up because Fanfiction deletes them, and therefore they show up as blank /. I think you should write the English pronounciation of the symbols like for example, if you place Russian "Ж" (not sure if this will come out) you might as well put /Zhe instead of /Ж because FF will delete these (despite the fact that it allows stories to be submitted in many languages). Or maybe come up with an alternative that doesn't compromise on the section titling, because it's very important. I totally understood the need for the numbers.

The Heaven part... I don't know. I mean, if one follows references to the Bible, Elijah was brought straight to Heaven in the chariot of fire without the need to die, so maybe it was with Aria that she was brought to Heaven in such a manner, maybe because she was a Priestess or something? Icarus could have had died on that trip without realising it. That's my take. :P Goddess in context of it being Maplestory is nice, but somewhat reminds me of Wicca's centre of worship.

Ari, Aria, Ariel. So weird. Aria, because she sings songs of the sky?

I don't think this is a piece that will garner flames, because it really is a beautiful piece of poetry-cum-prose. I kind of felt something really weird in me reading this, like it totally didn't relate to the quest but it did in some way. So paradoxically immensely mind-blowing. If I could, it would probably be favourited over and over again. I kind of read this before reading your message. :P

I am still examining. But I'm squeezing in writing one paragraph at a time.
Xemik665 chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
This has to be the best oneshot I've ever read. No kidding, but it is. Although I've only been here for about a year, so I haven't read as many oneshots as the others. Nonetheless, this deserves so many more reviews than it has now. I'm not just saying this. I love the way you wrote the story and the way you managed to get those emotions down into words and finally sentences. Everything seems too perfectly planned out and I can't really say much about it, because it's virtually flawless. All I have is praise and admiration... in the form of a short review.
HonestNinja123 chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
"Entering Heaven"? I remember an anime which there were the "sky people" whom avoid conflict and violence... It could be another meaning.

I guess this is the past, present, and future story of the Icarus (Kerning City) in MapleStory :P
Randomness from Boredom chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
Sweet, love stories like this. Vague but more beautiful than others. I've been away from Maple for so long I barely remembered the Icarus guy in Kerning...nice story about him?
Jicar540 chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
Nice story. I like greek myths XD. And lol at sub-chapter number -3.1415926535897... It was a bit of a mood spoiler, though, amongst the slightly angsty stuff.

I like the title. And I wasn't sure what to make of entering heaven, lol. Did they find a non-death route to Heaven, or did they die?

I'm did the chain of Icarus quests before, so I was amused (not in a bad way) by the gathering blankets and tablecloths, lol.

Anyway, you have written another wonderful story. Nice one!