Reviews for Grave Days
AlpineGirl chapter 1 . 11/27
Hi,
You present it as a fait accompli that Kingsley is the Acting Minister of Magic immediately after the war.
Could you maybe add a small story showing how that happened?
1) Did the Order priorly form some kind of Government-in-Exile during the war and appoint him as the Head?
2) Was he simply the seniormost functionary of the previous legitimate Ministry that was willing to step up? For this to happen, someone like Gawain Robards etc would have to have declined the post, because Head Auror comes higher up the chain than Senior Auror.
3) Did the Muggle PM get to have a say? Since Kingsley was formerly guarding the PM, maybe he was the most comfortable to work with Kingsley. In the immediate aftermath of the war, maybe a lot of coordination with the Muggles would be required (to clear up the messes caused by the giants/dementors etc), to capture the escapees etc, so maybe priority was given to someone who was comfortable coordinating with the muggle PM?
4) Did the Queen appoint him as interim Minister? Assuming the Minister of Magic is ultimately answerable to the Queen?
ChrisCorso chapter 1 . 10/25
Am I crazy or did you edit this a bit? A few words are different. Might be the Archive version I’m remembering. Anyway a pleasure to read, as always, as we wait for more James and Me and Strangers! Yes that’s a hint.
Alex chapter 1 . 9/11
Nice read, even after several times reading it.
I really enjoy all your stories, I like the characterizations of Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione. I especially enjoy your portrayal of Ginny, she shines in your stories.
This is so good
What's with the iword/i
Mari83 chapter 1 . 3/28
Intrigued, following and hoping for an update soon!
Hedwig35 chapter 1 . 12/31/2016
I love your stories so much. Just rereading this one and crying my eyes out.
Celia003 chapter 15 . 11/16/2016
Once again, I am really impressed by your writing because it is really smooth and of a very good quality if I may say !

I am so pleased to be able to read such a very plausible plot ! Thanks
CedarBones chapter 12 . 8/10/2016
I never thought about what Dennis & George had in common before now. The end of this chapter was so beautiful for that simple connection.
top story chapter 3 . 7/24/2016
Bye bye Umbitch
Judy24 chapter 4 . 5/25/2016
Oh, this has got to be my favourite post-battle fanfiction story I've ever read (and trust me - I've read many)! It feels so probable, like this is what have happened...the chapter with Rita Skeeter was awesome, I thought about that plot while reading and I was wishing to be right and when I was I almost scream out loud (in the bus I was in by that time...). Really brilliant. Now I'm leaving to observe more on what you've written.
Guest chapter 15 . 4/24/2016
brilliant really enjoyed it
Prince Pondincherry chapter 10 . 4/20/2016
I love how most other groups of mourners would have had to wait for Aurors, and probably wouldn't have caught Rita in the first place, but here she happened to be spying on an army.
Also, I wonder if the four people are Disillusioned Aurors. That would certainly be a surprise.
As much as Hermoine's instinct to wait for authority is usually right, the best thing to do here would probably be to act. The DA is certainly competent and organized, and a good plan executed now is generally better than waiting (a saying I heard somewhere).
Prince Pondincherry chapter 4 . 4/20/2016
This is probably my favorite Harry-and-Ginny-reunion I've read. You encompassed the awkwardness well; it really felt like real life and not just a story in that respect. I also love how George is happy about it.
And "I feel like I'm coming home" is quite possibly the absolute best thing Harry could say to Mrs. Weasley.