Reviews for Grave Days
Quintanessa chapter 6 . 4/7/2010
This was a good chapter. It felt like reading a JKR. I can understand the family's concerns over Ginnie and Harry getting together - after all she is only young. Any parent would be the same whether muggle or wizard! The scrap about the pallbearers was well done.
Quintanessa chapter 5 . 4/7/2010
Nice chapter - it felt very comfortable to be back in The Burrow. I can imagine that Harry will take some time to get used to having his relationship out in the open in front of 'Mum and Dad' Weasley. That would be weird. I liked the discussion Ginnie and Harry had in the orchard and you wrote the get-together nicely - not overdone. I thought you'd written the tension into the reunion with the Weasleys in a believable way. It would be difficult. I'd like to see George keep the shop stuff going as that will bring in lots of funny storylines/angles. We'll see. I always wished one of the main characters could become an animagus - that would save people constantly hiding under the old cloak to be sneaky.
Quintanessa chapter 4 . 4/7/2010
I feel like I should go back and re-read the books! The last I remember of Umbridge is her being dragged off by centaurs! (I think I am forced to watch my kids' Harry Potter DVDs too often!) Harry's playing down of his role in the downfall of old Voldy seems typical of him. I don't know what Harry would think of getting an 'Order of Merlin' medal - didn't Gilderoy Lockhart get a first class one? Doesn't say much, does it. Good old, Kreacher, eh? What a great little elf he's turned out to be. I guess your description of Andromeda was a bit of a surprise given that Tonks is so cool - her mum is bound to be a good sort on some level. I know that Neville is going into teaching at some point. He's turned out to be a strong character though, so I won't be surprised if he goes to kick some of the proverbial before turning to teaching - and who could blame him. It's a great profession! Again, your writing has pulled me along happily. I am in the zone of the wizarding world once again. Hooray! I'm waiting for Harry's dreams to some true in terms of Ginnie cuddling someone and Harry flying off the handle... Let's see. There's got to be some drama, though, I guess. Bring on chapter 5!
Quintanessa chapter 3 . 4/6/2010
nicely written - nothing super exiting, but a necessary set up. I think the was Harry got his 'job' was reasonable considering the circumstances... Ron's bumbling attempt to ask Hermione out was typically Ron-ish. Since I've read a re-write of Book 7, I'm a bit confused as to whether they were kind of together at the end of the JKR book, anyway - especially after all their jaunts in the woods... I'll have to have another read of DH. I'm off to read chpt.4.
Quintanessa chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Oh yay! I have been looking for a 'what happens next' book as I've missed the world of wizards since i finished book seven after a 14 hour readathon. (I'm new at this and I'm sure I'm not using the search filters properly yet! It's hard to find decent fics that follow the 'feeling' of the original books.)

Your writing style looks really promising and if the reviews are anything to go by, I will be very happy. I love that you a quite a purist in terms of what your profile says about likes/dislikes within the wizarding world.

Your first chapter has already captured my interest - I'm wondering if the 3 friends are off to find Hermione (NOT 'mione - I'm with you on that one) 's parents.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Ixde chapter 16 . 4/4/2010
Wow! After a while,i sort of forgot i was reading a fanfic,it seemed just like reading a new book of the series! Definetely looking forward for the sequel :)
The Heroine With 1000 Faces chapter 16 . 3/31/2010
wonderful story...im off to read the next! :)
Jacquelyn Hartmann chapter 16 . 3/18/2010
lol that was great!
Punk Rock Zoologist chapter 16 . 3/17/2010
That was great! I've said it before, you are a very talented writer. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Lynnie Girl chapter 16 . 3/10/2010
That was sweet!
teachergirl chapter 16 . 3/9/2010
I liked your story. You did a good job. I couldn't figure out where you're going with Hermione's parents. Also, the parts with Andromeda were weird. Narcissa has denied her sister existance since she married Ted. It seems odd that all of the suddent she's leaning on her sister for support. But those are minor annoyances. I'm looking forward to the sequel.
lija chapter 16 . 3/9/2010
A nice chapter to end the story.

Why does Ginny always act badly when Harry gives them something expensive for her birthday and/or Christmas in most stories? I can understand Ron being a prat about it since it's clear in the books that he's sensitive about his lack of money. I believe Ginny, on the other hand, wouldn't act that badly. True, he did give her something that wasn't available...but still... At least she made her disapproval in private, which I really like compared to other stories.

Another question: Why was Hermione made Head Girl? Logically, it feels as though another girl was ripped off (girl in Ginny's year who was a prefect). It feels "wrong"...but it's your story.

Chapter was a nice closure to your story. I was pleased/surprised to see your inclusion of Mary the trio helped from the ministry. A very nice little tidbit.

Look forward to the continuation of your sequel, aka a new chapter.
K8Y chapter 16 . 3/7/2010
AH! LOVED IT! I THINK IM IN SHOCK HERE ITS SO GOOD! :D
the frozen cherry chapter 16 . 3/7/2010
Great chapter and i can't wait for the next story!
FriendofMolly chapter 16 . 3/7/2010
Oh how Wonderful. This was a really good end to the first part of the story. Sneaky of Mr Granger trying to get Ron drunk. I think if I were Ron, I'd carry a little sobering potion when I was with the Grangers. I can't wait to start the next!
290 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »