Reviews for Grave Days
Quintanessa chapter 11 . 4/9/2010
Rita is such a 'reporter' - the story is everything to her. She has no dignity. I was surprised that Harry whipped out the old Auror card. Funny! Ginnie's curse and subsequent comment were hilarious. I loved the way lots of the other kids came through in support of the 'law' - such as it is. It was a weird full circle ironic moment (much like we would find in JKRs work) that the law from someone they hate so much ended by working for them. Awesome stuff. Neville was awesomely sensible when Justin and Harry returned - very much the fighter instinct. Exactly what they should have done - you got it just right. Another goodie...
Quintanessa chapter 10 . 4/9/2010
OMG - by far the best chapter in the book. This one had it all. It had the right pace and I couldn't read fast enough. This had what I mentioned was lacking previously - a real sense of purpose and something to find out. It was super exciting! Loved it!
Quitanessa chapter 9 . 4/9/2010
love the scars Harry's got. Naturally he would have another from the Avada Kadavra - good work on that one. I also liked how the locket left a permanent mark. Nothing like the battle scarred hero..

You captured Luna well in a couple of places here too. She's always good value. I see a nod to perhaps some action between her and George (even though she had the best brush-off line!).

I'm hoping that because Harry has the sneakoscope and invisibility cloak that something happens so he has to use them.

Good chapter.
Quintanessa chapter 8 . 4/8/2010
I think the discussion between Ron and Harry was good. I like the way you handled the discussion about what happened to Harry, Hermione and Ron. It was sufficient without being overdone. I find the Harry and Ginnie all over each other in front of her parents a bit odd to be honest. I can understand the family coming to grips with them being together, but they seem a bit constantly lip-locked in front of everyone, almost rubbing their faces in it, if you know what I mean.

I'm enjoying your writing and it feels quite genuine in terms of what characters are doing.

One thing that is missing for me is the urgency of finding something out. In the books, there was always something to find out - the journey propelled you along as a reader and I guess now that 'Voldy's gone mouldy' the urgency is gone. I don't know how that same sense of 'a journey towards something' can be established in the post Voldemort era. I guess this book feels like a segue (did I spell that correctly) into something else. Difficult - post wartime vs wartime. Just an observation.
Quintanessa chapter 7 . 4/7/2010
good chapter - i really enjoyed the new magic in this chapter. You captured Luna beautifully. She is such a stunner! Always surprising! I thought Ginnie's reaction to the scrapbook being uncovered was a bit over the top. I guess she didn't want to get heaps from Ron and her brothers...

Great chapter!
Quintanessa chapter 6 . 4/7/2010
This was a good chapter. It felt like reading a JKR. I can understand the family's concerns over Ginnie and Harry getting together - after all she is only young. Any parent would be the same whether muggle or wizard! The scrap about the pallbearers was well done.
Quintanessa chapter 5 . 4/7/2010
Nice chapter - it felt very comfortable to be back in The Burrow. I can imagine that Harry will take some time to get used to having his relationship out in the open in front of 'Mum and Dad' Weasley. That would be weird. I liked the discussion Ginnie and Harry had in the orchard and you wrote the get-together nicely - not overdone. I thought you'd written the tension into the reunion with the Weasleys in a believable way. It would be difficult. I'd like to see George keep the shop stuff going as that will bring in lots of funny storylines/angles. We'll see. I always wished one of the main characters could become an animagus - that would save people constantly hiding under the old cloak to be sneaky.
Quintanessa chapter 4 . 4/7/2010
I feel like I should go back and re-read the books! The last I remember of Umbridge is her being dragged off by centaurs! (I think I am forced to watch my kids' Harry Potter DVDs too often!) Harry's playing down of his role in the downfall of old Voldy seems typical of him. I don't know what Harry would think of getting an 'Order of Merlin' medal - didn't Gilderoy Lockhart get a first class one? Doesn't say much, does it. Good old, Kreacher, eh? What a great little elf he's turned out to be. I guess your description of Andromeda was a bit of a surprise given that Tonks is so cool - her mum is bound to be a good sort on some level. I know that Neville is going into teaching at some point. He's turned out to be a strong character though, so I won't be surprised if he goes to kick some of the proverbial before turning to teaching - and who could blame him. It's a great profession! Again, your writing has pulled me along happily. I am in the zone of the wizarding world once again. Hooray! I'm waiting for Harry's dreams to some true in terms of Ginnie cuddling someone and Harry flying off the handle... Let's see. There's got to be some drama, though, I guess. Bring on chapter 5!
Quintanessa chapter 3 . 4/6/2010
nicely written - nothing super exiting, but a necessary set up. I think the was Harry got his 'job' was reasonable considering the circumstances... Ron's bumbling attempt to ask Hermione out was typically Ron-ish. Since I've read a re-write of Book 7, I'm a bit confused as to whether they were kind of together at the end of the JKR book, anyway - especially after all their jaunts in the woods... I'll have to have another read of DH. I'm off to read chpt.4.
Quintanessa chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Oh yay! I have been looking for a 'what happens next' book as I've missed the world of wizards since i finished book seven after a 14 hour readathon. (I'm new at this and I'm sure I'm not using the search filters properly yet! It's hard to find decent fics that follow the 'feeling' of the original books.)

Your writing style looks really promising and if the reviews are anything to go by, I will be very happy. I love that you a quite a purist in terms of what your profile says about likes/dislikes within the wizarding world.

Your first chapter has already captured my interest - I'm wondering if the 3 friends are off to find Hermione (NOT 'mione - I'm with you on that one) 's parents.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Ixde chapter 16 . 4/4/2010
Wow! After a while,i sort of forgot i was reading a fanfic,it seemed just like reading a new book of the series! Definetely looking forward for the sequel :)
The Heroine With 1000 Faces chapter 16 . 3/31/2010
wonderful story...im off to read the next! :)
Jacquelyn Hartmann chapter 16 . 3/18/2010
lol that was great!
Punk Rock Zoologist chapter 16 . 3/17/2010
That was great! I've said it before, you are a very talented writer. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Lynnie Girl chapter 16 . 3/10/2010