Reviews for Grave Days
Sunset chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
Wow, Grave Days is great. You're a very good writer. I was wondering whether you could write a story about what happened (in detail) to Ron and Hermione in Australia; meeting the policeman who "helped" them, fixing Mr and Mrs Granger's memories, etc. Go Grave Days! Fantastic story.
addictedheartache chapter 15 . 9/14/2012
Great read, excellently written. I Cant wait for you to finsih the next one so i can read it, I Cant stand reaidng part way then waiting So i try to hold off!
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 15 . 7/28/2012
Another excellent story
wrappedinharry chapter 15 . 7/11/2012
Well, this was all very condensed and quick, but still excellent. The Grangers are definitely the very excellent Hermione's very excellent parents. They even got Harry a birthday present which was lovely of them. You had me stumped; I had no idea what a Breton jumper was. There is a mountain range in Wales that I thought was called the 'Breton Beacons'only to be corrected that it wqas the 'Brecon Beacons'(I thought I was very clever to remeber that and I probably gained the knowledge (slightly erroneous though it was) from some novel.

Then I googled it and discovered that it was that blue and white (cream) striped jumper that is often seen on the eponymous Frenchman along with a beret and a long baquet sticking out of a cane basket on a bicycle.

I loved that you included Mary Cattermole seeing her daughter onto the train for her first year at Hogwarts and that Harry and Ron helped get the trunk onto the train. It was also lovely to see some Slytherins interacting with other houses. Perhaps the trend will catch on.

It would be nice if Ginny could see Harry's POV about the money he wants to spend on her. I can see her side, she doesn't want everyone to think that she is just with Harry for his money. I admit, I have always seen Ginny being like that (pride goeth by a fall and all) much like Ron.

I was surprised to see that Justin is a snob. I was also surprised to see Neville getting some much needed experience from Romilda. I thought he might have had a bit more taste. But then again, I am not male and I suppose you get it where you can. LOL.

Onto Schoolgirls and Aurors.

I loved this story.

wrappedinharry chapter 14 . 7/10/2012
Ginny's little speech (especially to Harry) in Ron's bedroom was so right; I just hope Harry can make himself come to terms with what has happened and stop blaming himself for the deaths of all those people. Of course, he will never get over some of the death's, Remus and Tonks, Dobby and Colin, but as Mrs Weasley said, it will get easier. Harry has been through hell and I think he will always be prone to occasional periods of misery as well as nightmares. He is coping well at the moment, but I think the presence of Ginny has a lot to do with that.

Mrs Weasley's appearance in the room was beautifully written; she is a wise woman... she knows when to explode and when not.

I am glad Bill has come around.

I loved Fleur and (especially) Percy's advice about the problem with Mr and Mrs Granger and how to cope with it. Hermione and Ron are the ones who are going to be most affected by the restrictions, but Hermione at least, will be there with her parents, so even though she will miss Ron, at least she is taken up with making peace with her parents. Ron, on the other hand, will be a moping wreck for a while to come. I wonder if he will realise that he is going through exactly what Harry went through during their time on the run. Probably not, and Harry won't remind him, I am sure.

Still, I hope the Grangers realise that they are going about things the wrong way. Hermione is a witch, and that won't change.

I think the last chapter is the last so I had better get to it. Love this story.

wrappedinharry chapter 13 . 7/10/2012
Oh, I am so glad you used the word 'sniggered' instead of 'snickered'. Horses snicker! It drives me bonkers when people use 'snicker' for people.

I hav e to wonder how Andromeda and Narcissa became so close. Narsissa, along with the rest of the family, disowned Andromeda. Being the youngest, I suppose Narcissa didn't have much say in the matter and she would have been forbidden to try and contact her sister. First her parents and then Lucius would have lais down the law. She might not necessarily have been a willing participant in anti-Andromeda and her Muggleborn husband, brigade

Perhaps she might have secretly resumed communications with Andromeda. Who knows? But I suppose they have turned to each other for comfort.

And as for Narcissa saving Harry's life... well, that cannot be disputed. Of course, she wasn't doing it for Harry; I don't think she would have cared a jot if he had been killed. Even the mother in her would not have been distressed about a young boy being killed by a grown man, or being tortured either as long as her son was safe. I wonder if Lucius ever wanted her to take the Dark Mark.

I am glad the funerals are over. I was surprised the teachers were at Snape's funeral.

Onwards...

wrappedinharry chapter 12 . 7/10/2012
Harry's eulogy was wonderful; even though he wasn't strictly addressing DD's Army, he did an excellent job.

Poor Hermione is really, really out of sorts. I don't know how Harry thinks he can help, or even Maa and Paa Weasley, because Mr and Mrs Granger are, at this point in time, very, very anti-magic. Mind you, trying to make their daughter into something she isn't, and isolating her from the people and the world she is now a part of is definitely not the way to mend a relationship. Especially Ron; were the Grangers told that Ron is Hermione's boyfriend?

And really, if Harry tries to help, as he wants to do, the Grangers might turn really nasty because they may just blame Harry for the whole mess that the last ten months has been. Or did Hermione not tell them what she had been doing (not in detail obviously) and with whom.

I feel for Hermione, she just wanted to keep her parents safe, and if they can't see that side of things, then they are very heard-headed. Seemingly, they are not open to compromise.

The future for Ron and Hermione doesn't look very bright. And I am sure that if the Grangers do not want Hermione to use magic at all for however long (visions of Bewitched here: I always thought Derwood was wrong to try and stop Samantha being a witch when a witch is what she was), they definitely will not want her to marry a wizard.

Now onto George's funeral. Do we get to read about Remus and Tonks' funeral, I wonder?

Guest chapter 11 . 7/9/2012
Great chapter. The battle scene was beautifully written; easy to picture and follow. Harry really has a talent for command. Kingsley is right; he will make a very good auror.

wrappedinharry chapter 9 . 7/8/2012
I am not sure I understand why the sneakoscope was going off more loudly when it was near Harry. He isn't an enemy. Colour me confused. But this was a great chapter. Perhaps Harry is being a little more sociable and voluble than I would have thought possible, but I suppose he has fallen back on his teaching days.

And yay for capturing that horrible woman, Rita! What a horror, even turning up at a funeral to create gossip.

wrappedinharry chapter 8 . 7/8/2012
Luna's outfit was...well, it was Luna.

I just love a man in a suit. LOL.

wrappedinharry chapter 7 . 7/8/2012
Arthur's talk to Harry was so lovely; now I can understand why he was not overflowing with bonhommie. He doesn't want to lose Harry because he is already a member of the family. It's lovely to know that Arthur feels the same way as Molly always has. I just love Arthur and I always imagined him embracing Harry as a son. How could you not want to adopt the lost little waif that Harry once was?

Now Bill just needs to come to the party.

A couple of things I have forgotten to mention in previous reviews... I loved the name you gave the Australian Magical Authority (not sure whether I got that right) Corroboree is such a brilliant word. Oh, and BTW, not all Aussies are tanned. LOL, especially in May; that is well into Autumn heading into Winter here.

Luna was so brilliant. Your writing has made me appreciate Luna a whole lot more than I did before. She really is wise beyond her years; she sees things from an entirely different perspective than the rest of the world. What she did with the galleon was brilliant. I also loved Goerge kissing her full on the lips. I am so glad that George has some spark... well, a lot really.

As for Ginny being a pallbearer; well, as much as she thinks she is just as good as her brothers, she cannot be as tall or as strong as they are. She is so petite, the coffin is certainly going to have a dangerous lean. Still, I am sure magic will correct the balance.

It's very sad seeing Hermione being so upset: I can understand her parents being upset, but to insist that she leave the wizarding world and magic behind for three whole months I think is very unreasonable. They are treating her like a little child. And to keep her away from Ron now that they are a couple is just cruel. Hermione would be happy to stay with them, I am sure, but she would be happier if she could see her boyfriend as well. An altogether unpleasant situation.

I am so glad that Harry stuck up for himself and stood up to Ron as he did. He is certainly determined that nothing, not even his best friend will keep him and Ginny apart. I loved his comeback about Hermione crying when he left them and that Ron had better not hurt her again. Excellent work!

I really am loving this story.

wrappedinharry chapter 6 . 7/8/2012
Really Ron, this is really getting tiresome. Can the man not see that Ginny is equally as involved as Harry? Can he not see that it is mutual? Harry told him he didn't want to break up with Ginny. Can't Ron work out why Harry did break up with her? It's OK fopr him to have a girlfriend but not OK for Harry.

So much for friendship. Good ol'George seems to be the only one on their side. Even Mr Weasley is still being very cool. What is wrong with them all? If they keep on going on the way they are, Ginny is just as likely to tell them all where they can go when she turns 17. She is not going to give Harry up just because her family doesn't approve.

End of rant.

wrappedinharry chapter 4 . 7/8/2012
Oh, I am surprised that Arthur was so short with Ginny (and by extension, Harry). Surely the invisible Arthur Weasley who sees and hears things people do not think he is seeing and hearing, must have had some inkling that his daughter and Harry had feelings for each other beyond friendship. Perhaps he was just upset at his daughter's lack of decorum, though she was only sitting on her boyfriend's knee; they weren't snogging.

Harry's idea to have prisoners guarded by goblins was great (trust Percy to snort at it). I just hope Kingsley, as part of his sweeping changes, does something about the barbaric conditions that human beings are kept under in Azkaban. It would never be tolerated in the Muggle world.

We know that Percy doesn't like Harry (I don't think even the feat of finally ridding the world of Voldemort would make him like Harry) by why does Charlie seem so down on him too? Surely not the protective big brother routine? If there were nunneries in the Wizarding World, is that where they would like to see Ginny?

Surely Harry, the boy they have known since he was 11 years old is better than any other Tom, Dick or... well, you get my drift. Thank God for sensible George and I suppose, thank God that Ron isn't around to stick his long pointy nose in where it isn't wanted. He might just find himself beating off bats if he comes home and tries to lecture Harry or Ginny.

So, Harry has been invited to dinner and to stay the night, but it appears as if the time might be very uncomfortable.

You handled the initial confrontation between Harry and Ginny beautifully. Though I wouldn't have blamed her for being upset because Harry decided to disappear (once again) with Ron and Hermione after the battle instead of talking to her, and then disappearing for however many days it was. I am sure she would have seen the Harry sized gap between Ron and Hermione when they left the Great Hall. She probably actually saw him put on the Invisibility Cloak. She must have had terrible doubts about whether he would ever want to be her boyfriend again.

wrappedinharry chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
Very sad chapter. My heart breaks for all the bereaved, but also for Harry because he will never really stop blaming himself. His dreams will continue for a very long time, i am sure.

Now to see the Weasleys again. I am not sure how Ginny will feel when she hears Harry didn't go to Australia. Or even if he had done really; she could easily think he doesn't want to see her so therefore, he doesn't want to resume their relationship.

Onwards...

wrappedinharry chapter 2 . 7/7/2012
Hermione and Ron were amazingly in character when they confronted Harry in Kingsley's office.

Sometimes I wish Harry wasn't quite so self-effacing. We know pretty much for a fact that very few witches or wizards could have possession of the elder wand and then willingly give it up. But of course, the public know little of the elder wand; I doubt many listened to the actual content of HArry's speech to Voldemort as they circled each other before the final denoument.

But then, he wouldn't be our Harry if he was any different. I hate fics that change Harry's personality entirely. It's just a different character with the name, Harry Potter.

Loving this