Reviews for Empty Seat
Hope06 chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Beautiful I loved spike's thoughts on the role of each team member it so fits
Lisa chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
That was a great story. It didn't need to be any shorter as you put the right amount of detail into it - well done.
Angelinsydney chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Beautifully written. Not too soppy and also hopeful at the same time. Thank you.
CelineSSauve chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
First off, let me way that I love the idea of Momma Wordy! *snickerfits* But that I doubt the rest of the Team would really describe the fellow at "maternal" (despite his offer to braid Ed and Greg’s hair;).

You did take some liberties with backgrounds (for example, there was no mention of no mother for Jules, though she does have four brothers; I doubt Lou and Spike joined Team One together, since we discover in Haunting the Barn that Spike was the Rookie before Sam arrived on the scene:), but nothing overly horrible. In fact, my only real issue with this is that it starts by misnaming Michaelangelo "Spike" Scarlatti. *fingerwaggles*

I am a firm believer that, had they followed common sense and had Sabine rejoin Team One (the character had said that if Team One needed her, she would be there so I suspect, the actress was otherwise occupied) the Team would have taken it much, much better. Leah wasn’t even a proper officer. Who ever heard of a Firefighters turning to SWAT! {The really amusing part is that, once Leah’s put on a bus, as it were, the Team drops down to six members without any mention of the "a Team’s seven" that forced Sabine to leave.}

Spike’s attempt to include Leah equals mine while doing a four season marathon over the last few days: When I got to the Leah episodes, I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, but the character was one-dimensional and there was no way to feel that space with personality or interesting back-story. {Her job on the Team seemed to be to show that Sam and Sabine were both not that horrible as Rookies (they learnt very quickly and didn’t repeat the same mistakes), and to constantly put her foot in her mouth.}
wandamarie chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
iheartflashpoint chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
"As good as you hoped?" DUDE! this was freakin INCREDIBLE!

Awesome job, i loved it (:

i miss Lou too :((
FallenStar08 chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
Aww, that was really good!I liked it.

Leah's okay, but I still liked Lou more. I still miss him.:(
ConeycatJr chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
That whole episode was so wrenching, and Spike's silence was eloquent. This is a really good vision of what he must have been thinking and feeling. I love those last lines, "not as transparent as she had been." Yeah. It's going to take time for Leah to be one of the team, and for Spike to view her as a team mate. I really like the way you've kept Spike's essential kindness in this portrayal, along with his anger and grief. It makes the story even more heartbreaking. Really good job.
dwennie chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
I really like it. It was really good. REALLY good. :)

Well, to be honest, at first I hated Leah, a lot :P

But after the wristband incident, I didn't hate her as much. She's growing on me slightly now, I guess. I WANT LOU BACK :(