Reviews for Ties That Bind
Neko-Ai-Nyan chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
That was beautiful!
meatballs in the impala chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
This was... unexpected, to say the least. I was never fond of Ada and Wesker as a pair (be it romantically or just amicably), but I was glad to stumble upon your story. The two of them have to be the most mysterious and shady characters of Resident Evil, and I was delighted to see that you've managed to retain this mystery around them while portraying them in the most suitable way imaginable. I assumed that they would have tip-toed towards a more romantic approach of their relationship at some point, but as you've showed us, it was too much of an occupational hazzard for their work and the friendship they already shared.

My favorite parts were the inclusion of Excella, Krauser, Leon, Chris and Jill in the story, and the role each of them played in the development of Ada's and Wesker's relationship. I especially adored the part where Ada hopes Chris will be able to put out Jill, just like she would have to put out Wesker someday.

What's more, I'd like to emphasize on the fact that their feelings towards one another are never those of love, but more of a mutual understanding and comradeship. Wesker knows that Ada is irreplaceable and Ada knows that no one will ever be able to take Wesker's place; however, this is not given through a clingy romantic bond, but as an understanding of each other's importance. If that makes any sense at all.

I was also hyper to see a more human side of Ada. You kept Wesker well in character, but you managed to show that little piece of humanity Ada has still left in her. She cares for Wesker, almost lets a tear roll at the news of his demise, is glad that Leon hasn't lost the innocence that always drove him to be selfless and feels a hint if compassion for Chris. And you managed to do all this by maintaining the aura of mystery that normally surrounds her. Well done there, mate.

Also, to wrap this review up, I feel the need to comment on the beautiful choice of words you made and on the unique style of your writing. I am truly amazed by the amount of poetry your words exude. It's just... beautiful. My sincere congrats.
TheDarkHallow chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
it's beautiful !

you did a great job .
Naoko Suki chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
I like how you portrayed them. It was definitely an understandable and agreeing friendship between them. And their intimacy was truly shown as just business.

I still love the way you write. It is great! It's neat to see others views of Wesker. Thank you again for writing this! :D
What A Lovely Disaster chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Wow! I really love your writing style! The story flowed well, and I liked the detail and emotion that was evident in the story. Nice work!
Rainfox88 chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
Wow! This was an amazing fic! You are a brilliant writer! I love Ada/Wesker, even got a couple fics of my own about them. This was a such a nice piece of work to read, and thank you! XD
Chaed chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
This was a very good one-shot and you did great on the pairing! I especially liked the end, and Ada's thoughts about Wesker's death, very fitting. Hoping to see more from you in the Resident Evil universe, you're a really good writer!