Reviews for All Hallows' Even
seikkyokuka chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
Love it!
Sekihara Tae chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
Somehow, the image of Kaoru as being so chaotic that she's like... crack or catnip or something for a Chaos Demon is both perfect and incredibly amusing, both at the same time. D

This was fantastic and awesome and AMAZING, as ALWAYS.
JNgirl chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
This story I found endlessly entertaining. Thanks for writing.
Tsuki-Kage chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
I love your writing! This story was so entertaining, if you decide to write a sequel, awesome, if not, that's fine too. Thank you for writing this, and I totally never expected that ending.

Tsuki
JapanLiHudson chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Thank you so much for the holiday oneshot! It's nice to see something from you with our favorite couple!
Seerss chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
F#cking awesome. Kudos. I normally leave longer reviews for good one-shots (to make up for the fact that I won't be able to review multiple chapters, and thus be unable to provide that need that most authors have to be recognized by a bunch of people), but it can't be described in any other way. Although now I guess it's a long review... oh well. :D
Falynn chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
I think you struck a very nice balance between background story, drama and fluff. Your mysterious, sexy Kenshin and headstrong Kaoru is very similar to most of your RK fics, but I just love how you managed to combine festive with drama without the tackiness. And the mood of the entire story takes my breath away! An echo of horror without outright gore and the creepy freaky stuff.

It's so visually and emotionally vibrant, I can almost imagine standing in the chilly night air and under the lonely streetlights. Kaoru...that girl runs away from emotions too much, and Kenshin's the purfect counterpart.

It bothered a bit me how unapologetic she was though, (not even a "Sorry I stabbed you? It must've hurt"?). Even so, my favorite part has to be the betrayal, and Kaoru missing him...so bittersweet! Everything works together beautifully, I appreciate the absence of foolish mortals and amateur summoning circles or whatnot, which is usually used (or as I call it, abused) to tie in the paranormal. All the monsters just stroll along the streets like its the most natural thing to do, which is great since some fantasy writers fall into the trap of trying to explain the inexplicable.

I didn't quite follow Kenshin's logic at the end. Very romantic, but I wouldn't call having the love of my live having an attempt on my life through crude means "cute". I also, would not see it as an A on the assessment of finding the perfect soulmate. But then again, I'm no chaos demon so what do I know? :P

Light, festive, yet dark and very romantic. This is turning into an essay lengthed monster but I could go extolling the virtues of your literary prowess for many more pages. But of course, I'd rather you type up more stories than waste time reading my ramblings :)
noname00 chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
I loved it
mellyd chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Perfect halloween story
Triste1 chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Argh! I knew I missed a few of those mistakes. Ah well.. such is life.

As before, I found certain parts of the story to be absolutely hilarious; "No, no, stabbing me with a stake is not an insult at all! In fact, it's the perfect courting gesture, you lovely creature." Even my friend who doesn't read fanfiction found it to be utterly charming.

The plotline is certainly interesting. Zombies, as far as I know from old movies, are decaying, barely-held-together creatures. The possibility of them developing into stronger creatures-that's certainly new. A nice twist on things; especially the bit about needing humans to connect to this world from the other and all that other jazz.

Great job with the fic. I hope to see another from you soon. It was a blast!
RubieRedSlippers chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Absolutely love it! Another amazingly creative plot on your part. I have to admit, I really do always like it when Kenshin is a demon. Just something about it is particularly satisfying. Plus Zombies have been very "in" this year. Seems only appropriate that some proper Fanfiction would jump on that wagon as well.

I loved how you started in medias res and reflected back on past events before bringing it back to the present. It was very well done and easy to follow while still making the beginning catchy and intriguing. (I say that as though I wouldn't read it if it WASN'T a catchy beginning-but very little can hold me back from completing a work of yours. School work, for example, doesn't hold too strong a front. I digress).

Also I have to admit that one of the distinguishing factors I find among better authors is that they have a way of mentioning that something happened without exactly making the character DO it. I thought this was particularly well done here:

"Two years and she still loved him. She was a mess. Megumi already thought she was crazy, shoving pamphlets and books about demon possession and how dangerous it was to play with them under her nose. Kaoru was still refusing to go ‘talk’ to her friend"

You get the idea across that Kaoru has been struggling and her friends have been trying to help without making it happen in present time. I don't know. Upon first reading that line it just stuck out to me. I thought it was very well done.

Anyway, I just wanted to review as I'm not the best about doing so, but you deserve it! Especially because I'm always waiting around for you to write something new. (Not a hint-I'm just in satiable!)

Thank you for writing such a wonderful Halloween story! I can't wait to read what you come up with next.
Mish chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
I always find your stories so humorous! The tension between them and the intensity is awesome. Also, the personalities of not only Kenshin but Kaoru are wonderful to read about. I always want to laugh at how Kaoru keeps trying to avoid him while he's just biding his time before he pounces XD
TheaBlackthorn chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
A great story darlin' though I really wanted to see what Kenshin does to Kaoru! :)
vamp1987 chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Another awesome story. I always love how you portray Kenshin in a much darker relief in your stories and Kaoru is always kick ass.
poems2songs chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
wonderful story... really liked it... very interesting... good job... great work!
88 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »