Reviews for Why Can't We Be Friends?
Guest chapter 9 . 12/7/2019
Yessss! I was worried they wouldn't get back together. Also if I were Ryan I would've thrown all Sharpay's make up out the window for what she did XP
Jen4850 chapter 9 . 5/31/2016
Love this.
acethespian chapter 9 . 9/14/2014
This was a really good story. The end was really cute.
Raeyl chapter 9 . 8/18/2013
Loved this story, got a little dragged out/rehashing of the same bull when they were broken up but that's what happens in real life so it works.
myrtja chapter 9 . 5/18/2011
cute story. loved every word.
ishala8 chapter 9 . 5/7/2011
I can't believe I actually cried with this. Oh the embarassement! Still, the two make an amazing couple and I have to admit that your twists to the original made it amazingly interesting. Thank you for all your hard work.
The Bottled Optimist chapter 9 . 12/11/2010
You know, I've never actually read or even been interested in HSM fanfiction but reading this as left me head-over-heels for the fandom and this pairing!
Drea397 chapter 6 . 10/29/2010
CLUSTERFUCK! I first herd this when i saw dane cook live... he is soooo awsome...lol awsome!
Ai Linna-chan chapter 9 . 6/28/2010
OMG! that was really good writting! Ya tottaly could run a disney or teen movie! Realy, it's dramatic, realistic and cute! i enjoyed it a lot and i soo agree with gabby saying: "You and Chad are like the hottest thing ever."! Seriously, your story rocks!
Blink'n chapter 9 . 12/27/2009
This works, because it wasn’t some love fluff, it was that unsure state of teenage like and lust that could be something more. That’s where for me stories get off the reality track when they juice up teen angst when the genuine article is shaky enough without the surplus. A little like and dash of lust can carry you a long way, this is just teen enough to be unreal and there for right on the money. I like the contrast of hags; Gabby emotional and involved and Taylor reserved with faux indifference. Troy is… real as I’ve seen him written before; a person, well intentioned, pretty, petty, and slightly slow but with an innate goodness and simple charm that wins out against any desire you might have to hold a grudge. Sharpay, though seen next to least but perhaps your greatest triumph next to what you did with Zeke, you didn’t make her out as villain or hero, she was herself, like us all, a creature somewhere in between, though leaning hard to just this side of evil. Likewise, in just span of a chapter’s paragraphs you made something whole of Zeke, most fine work. In all I must say I liked this beginning to end, with the melodrama at a minimum you could take the rise, conflict and resolution without feeling overwhelmed by the usually excessive emotional highs most writers aims for and instead experience it like memory and not a fantasy. Good Chyan is always a treat, thank you.
Blink'n chapter 4 . 12/25/2009
Nice ending, but I must disagree with Ryan's response. I get that he is in his feelings about the whole fairy comment but he left Chad without any means to defend himself. Gay as Chad maybe he is still a man's man jock, with a mindset of manhood, he responded to the pressure the only way he felt he could. He wanted to tell them, tell everyone but Ryan wouldn't let him, this the price of silence.
Blink'n chapter 3 . 12/25/2009
Loving the leisurely pace of story, you're getting to know the characters, able to enjoy them.
Blink'n chapter 2 . 12/25/2009
Well isn't this shaping up quite nicely!
Nightmother chapter 5 . 11/29/2009
oh god the drama! i'm loving it. Though...strange enough i keep comparing it to the movie. *shrug* still good though
Unnecessarily Cryptic Fan chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
My God. I'm such an awesome-cool nerd that I caught the Dr. Horrible quotes before you mentioned it. By which I mean I saw the word "happenstance," and started freaking out. Good job.