Reviews for A Witch's Apprentice
Holy shit. Holy, holy shit. This is incredible. Bless this fic. This is amazing and awesome and I love this so much.
plaspoo chapter 45 . 3/2
Hello,
I know, this story is now six years old, but I found it just recently. I thought, I would not be interested in a story combining magic and logical conclusions normally found in DC. But I have to say, I totally loved reading this masterpiece! Sometimes I was laughing or crying, making my husband think I had gone beyond repair... or my pregnancy is effecting me more than good for me... :) I could never really explain what's up with me...

I like, how you could keep the characters so perfect in character, although everything around them changed...
Conan/Shinichi (Irene-chan/Doyle-kun): Perfect... I can't find anything else to say about him... E.g. I was expecting he would excell at the competition, but I really loved that you so often just didn't go with what I was expecting. That's what I'm looking for in fanfictions... because if it's to predictable it gets so boring...
Heiji/Smithy-kun: I find it very hard to keep him in character, but you did just that...
Kaito: I have to say, I don't know him very well... I just read DC, but I think I absolutely have to read MK now as well... But I really loved his cocky but sweet disposition
Akako: Same here, I just don't know her original character, but I really liked her developing from the 'lonesome warrior' to a friend more and more
Hakuba: I just know him from the short appearances he get's in DC, but I love him!
Hoshi-kun: He is flawless, isn't he? But I have to say, you never made him sound boring in his flawlessness... He is just a really lovable charakter with a tragic story...
Houseki: I think, she is my favourite character in your story! I switched between loving and hating her, but with her backround I always hoped for a happy ending for her, just because she wasn't downright evil, there were just some wrong decisions... I really was glad, that she came to her senses, when confronted by Hoshi in Kuroba. But I also liked, that she wasn't loved from everyone in the blink of an eye, just because she hugged Hoshi. I think, its just normal to keep beeing cautious around her. Even in the situation they were in.

Soo, I think that was the longest Review I ever posted... :)

And, if you ever find yourself writing an original story, I would totally buy the book!

(I hope, you did understand everything I wrote, because I'm no native speaker... :P )

Thanks so much,
Tanja
Wren Truesong chapter 45 . 6/16/2015
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *flings hearts at this* SO GREAT. YOU ARE GREAT AND YOU SHOULD FEEL GREAT.

I'm so very glad this story exists.
AzTec999 chapter 45 . 4/5/2015
Wow... finally I've already finished reading this story! I'm literally speechless. The whole story is absolutely magnificent and...poignant. There were times that I strongly feel for the other characters such as Kaito and his almost attempt at shooting Kudo because he's possessed. Damn! That's my favorite chapter! Also Conan and Akako's training is really hilarious! Love it! Somehow I really wished that there's another sequel to this like the aftermath of the events and also would Conan accept Akako's proposal if she decided to pass her magic and position to him? After all, she's his apprentice right? Other than that , great job! Thanks for writing and sharing this! :)
DearShootingStars chapter 45 . 1/9/2015
Ack, right in the feels. AND I'M DEFINITELY GONNA PLAY THAT SONG Mdgshgfds
sanny17 chapter 19 . 11/29/2014
amazing .. just .. just wow !

i like it ..
Detective2Conan chapter 9 . 4/19/2014
Why did you make Akako so sweet it's disturbing
Assasin8 chapter 45 . 11/3/2013
Let me just say, I know you did this story a long time ago. I have no idea what it must've been like to follow you through the course of the story, but honestly, this was AMAZING! It was absolutely engaging from the summary to last word, and it was so incredibly hard to put down. It took me all of this week to finish it, and that's really saying something about how good it was because I don't regret the time I spent reading this fic at all! Everything was so well planned out, the storyline was incredibly sweet, and the ending was just PERFECT! Even your OCs, I usually hate OCs, but I cried when Houseki kinda-sorta sacrificed herself! Their backgrounds were well developed, and their stories made them so easy to connect with! Magic is usually a hard concept to work into DC, but you did it incredibly well. The spells and magical concepts were really well thought through and explained. The characters, all of them, both original and canon, went through character developments that we could SEE. The concept of the story was 100% original, and I honestly can't think of a way you could've done anything better. Thank you so much for writing this! I love this story to death, but the only thing I regret is that I can't play Hoshi's song :(... If you've got the actual sheet music, and if you actually get this message, could you please send it to me? Again, thank you for being an amazing author! This was definitely one of the best stories I've ever seen in the DC section!
Shiori Kudo chapter 33 . 7/4/2013
I was born in the So cycle of 1992. What would 199 be called in the Asu-Ra calender?
Shiori Kudo chapter 13 . 7/2/2013
'Barely able to see over the edge, Conan stared puzzled at the fish flopping about on the table. In away, it resembled the way Kaito had reacted when he had seen the creature: by a certain description, he had flopped about himself. Smiling in the same fashion Kaito had previously, he muttered, "Ah…so you're an ichthyophobic." ' should be 'Barely able to see over the edge, Conan stared puzzled at the fish flopping about on the table. In a way, it resembled the way Kaito had reacted when he had seen the creature: by a certain description, he had flopped about himself. Smiling in the same fashion Kaito had previously, he muttered, "Ah…so you're an ichthyophobe." ' Ichthyophobic is a adjective, not a noun. You could also drop 'an' from before it.
Shiori Kudo chapter 12 . 7/2/2013
*reads the last lines of the chapter and laughs* I bet Conan's freaking out right about now.
demonicnekomaster chapter 45 . 4/2/2013
i would! please do it! i absolutely loved this story!
Wanderlust-Charlotte chapter 45 . 2/9/2013
I can't believe such a long story had me hook the entire time! It truly was a masterpiece in my opinion, I think it should be much more popular! One question I had was, Shinichi was back to his normal form in the epilogue I think, so how did he get back? And what was the debt Kaito was talking about, the debt for all the stuff he did as Kid? I may have just missed the parts where this stuff was explained, sorry :)
Thanks for finishing this awesome story and posting it!
Fluehatraya chapter 45 . 12/30/2012
Right, so a while ago I read this fic and fell in love with it, to the point that I literally read it in one day. I was hooked. Last night I was rereading some chapters when I realized that I never reviewed or favorited this story, which made me feel awful since if any story deserves recognition it's this one.

I find it amazing how you were able to craft the plot and utilize so many characters while keeping true to their personalities. You have a great sense for where humor is appropriate and where it needs to be shunted off to the sidelines in favor of action and drama.

There are two things that kept nagging at me though: how were all the deaths in the hospital explained away (the bombings?), and why did Shinichi's wings turn white and glowy?

Thank you so much for writing this.
kakashikrazy256 chapter 45 . 11/11/2012
I read this whole thing. Finally. I feel so accomplished :D this story was wonderful. There are no words to describe it. From the magic to the humor, I was entertained throughout the whole thing. This is very well developed and i couldn't find a single plot hole in it. Houseki, Hoshi and other OCs were well developed and full of backstory. You wrapped everything up nicely and lengthy chapters kept me up all week. I really loved this and you are an excellent writer. I Lol'd at so many moments it was unbelievable. From the time when Kaito switched with a fish at a heist, when Shinichi temporarily became Irene, Smithy-kun and Toichi/Kaito's father/son moments, Kaito being a waiter at a fish themed restaurant. This was a fun read and I enjoyed it very much. Thank you :)