Reviews for Witches and Wicks
Colby's girl chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Fabulous job!

Loved the H/C and fast pace. Thanks for the awesome read!
friendly chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
nice job.. that was good..
lelann37 chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
love the story! thanks for sharing
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
Great fic!
spnMom chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
What a perfect short story... Love the way it started off (Sam tied to a table nearly naked - yes!). Thanks bunches for posting!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
There's nothing wrong with a WalMart bag. It can be some of my favorite wrapping paper. lol

Really nice fic! Hurt/comfort up the wazoo and witches, too. Loved it. Made my feet hurt, tho. :(
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Okay I am officially thick as had to google h/c! When I read what it was *faceslap* it was obvious, but blame a glass and a half of wine (I'm such a lightweight!)

Sorry I digress, back to the review!

Awesome story. Perfect dose of hurt and burnt Sammy, and loved the witch plot, perfect for just after Hallowe'en!

Loved this - This was, one more day with his brother and one more day of being Sam’s brother. It was the only page he had left in his wish book. That says it all, am kinda dreading how Season 5 will end though have been naughty and watched the streamed epis so far as can't wait until January 2010 which is when we will get Season 5!

Love your writing, and this was awesome. What a great present for phx.

Back to finish glass of wine now! :)
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Awesome! I hope Phx loves the treat :D. It just doesn't get better than this. Poor Sammy, Poor Dean -Happy us!

Five Impalas freshly waxed, lovingly detailed heading your way after a quick stop to hug Phx too!
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
i loved it *addes to favs*
Madebyme chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Sometimes a dollop of down and dirty h/c with no frills is just what you want and I certainly enjoyed this! Sam in peril, the fire, the hospital and a little bro-mo at the end - what more could you want! Phx certainly is very lucky!

I liked how we jumped straight into action as you cleverly sprinkled the back story throughout the fic. I always get a little excited about witches, I'm not sure why I guess they're kind of fun and it's nice to have a break from all the demons, angels, the apocalypse etc. For a while back there I though Linda was going to be witch, getting her nails into Sam and Dean!

Great idea to show an outsiders perspective of injured and combative Sam! It's not something I've thought of before but your absolutely right, his stature would be intimidating especially if he's in hunter mode!

There were so many little bro-mo bits that I was drawn to but I especially enjoyed the scene where Sam explained that he didn't want them to cut Dean jacket - very sweet and very Sam!

And you were right no real spoilers! Given the fact that we still don’t know when and if we’re getting season 5 over here, I caved and downloaded the first two episodes! Well I’ll stop waffling now but this was a very fun and entertaining read. Take care, Abbi
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Down and dirty h/c, just the way we like it! And barefoot, drugged Sam is about the most fun h/c there could be! Love the sinisterness of the witches (it's a word. Trust me. I'm a doctor) and the threat of BURNING (because what can you burn apart from witches? MORE SAMMIES), and Dean to the rescue. Just awesome fun. Wouldn't mind an ep just like this. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PHX!
skag trendy chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
I'd already heard about the Paris Hilton episode, so that was fine. As you said, no real spoilers. Thank goodness! I've been avoiding them as much as I can, which ain't easy given the number of S5 stories being posted by such fabulous authors!

So, great story, hon. Really loved it. Classic H/C and rescue. We really need a few more like this on the site.

Cheers for sharing darling.

Kind regards,

ST x
sunnyjunedays chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Hi, I love h/c fics and this was one of the best. It's great to get a hurt Sammy and an awesome big brother Dean saving his little bro and then the lovely brotherly bit at the end. Loved what you put Sammy and Dean through. x

ps. Wish phx a HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me. x
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
What tense beginning, you do know how to start a story. I figure Phx probably loved the visual image of Sam in his black shorts. Nice. :)

When the barn doors blew open and than no Dean, I was as worried as Sam. Love how Dean put himself between the witches and Sam right away, though the fire had me wondering about the brothers safety.

You had some great brother moments in your story. Dean slipping his jacket on Sam and getting him to the hospital.

The whole hospital scene was perfect. Dean coming up with a story to cover for Sam's injuries, Sam not letting the staff cut Dean's jacket and Dean sitting with Sam calming him.

One of my favorite lines was Dean's thought, 'what Dean got up for in the morning. This was, one more day with his brother and one more day of being Sam’s brother. It was the only page he had left in his wish book.'

The moment at the end between Dean and Sam, perfect, "That’s what family’s for, Sam.” Dean knew his message had been received when a wide dimpled smile spread across his brother’s face. “Yeah, I guess it is,” Sam said.'

Thanks for sharing Phx's birthday gift with us.

Until next time, take care.
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 1 . 11/4/2009