Reviews for Witches and Wicks
lolopixie chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Oh wow. I thought for sure Dean was going to lay into Sam a little bit when he found him-I mean, his brother's lying there, tied down to a table by THREE chicks, in nothing but his black boxers... (drool) How could he not poke fun at that? But then the fire broke out and things got a little bit more serious, so that seemed like a pretty unlikely scenario. :)

Really fun story to read. You kept them very true to character, and it had that wonderful brother-bond feeling to it that kind of went missing from the show there for a little bit. It's nice to read a story (especially one that's 5th season based) where they're BROTHERS again. (Not that they ever stopped, but it was pretty depressing there for awhile.) Anyway, great fic. I really enjoyed reading it, and I plan to check out some of your other stories soon -preferably when I'm NOT procrastinating a huge workload. Great job, and good luck with any future writing!

InSecret chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
I don't even like hurt!Sam and I liked this. Quite a bit, actually. *blinks* Well done! :)
Ash8 chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
"Well, down and dirty H/C – no frills"

But aren't they the best kind! Yay! This was awesome. And man, what a wonderful picture to started the story off! I could just see it. *fans self*

And of course I adore Dean in big bro mode!

Great story. I hope Phx's is enjoying all her birthday fics as much as I am! :D :D

aXforamnesty chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
lol! i LOVE it! an amazing and enjoyable read per your usual! doesn't it ever get hard to constantly one up yourself with outstanding stories? i'm blown away-EVERY. TIME. and dude-if all my present's we're h/c ribbons and didn't practically vomit hallmark i'd be SET for life! ;-)
Hawk50 chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Very nicely done. I'm a sucker for Sam h/c, and this one filled the bill nicely.

You also added something I haven't seen mentioned a lot in SPN fics - how outsiders view Sam. Dean looks at Sam and sees his younger, puppy-eyed brother. Others look at Sam - especially a hurt, combative Sam - and see a big, honkin' potential danger. He certainly has 'bulked up', hasn't he?

Also glad Linda turned out to be a sweetheart in the end. Thanks for sharing this fic with us.
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Witches, I hate them. I felt awful for what they did to Sam. Good that Dean found him so fast. He was really out of it and scared though. Loved that he wouldn't let them cut Dean's jacket, way to go Sam. Great job. Hugs, Vonnie
Bunny1 chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Sweet... good job:)
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
pretty and lovely little ficlet.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Awesome oneshot. Whew, you had me worried there for a few minutes that Sammy would be a goner! Thank goodness Dean got there just in time!
Phx chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
OH thank you! Thank you very much. This was absolutely awesome. I feel like such a queen to get a story from you. And this I loved.

Ooh an opening scene with an almost nude Sam? What more could ANY girl want? Ooh that gave me absolute shivers! And then we find out he is about to be sacrificed? My heart was pounding out: dean...dean...dean! 'Cause if anyone really needed a big brother, it was at that exact moment! And then the door blows open and there is no Dean? I was just as disheartened as Sam. But then Dean is there and boy is he pissed!

His ownership of his brother was one of my favorite parts: his fondness of his little bro when compared to the witches.

Ooh and then the burning barn? Girl, you know I'm a sucker for fire afraid of Sam and then you even gave him some minor burns? Oh my heart was pounding!

Girl - what else can I say? I adore hurt/comfort when it is Sammy needing the comfort and this was an awesome birthday gift. You spoiled me :)

Thank you.
carocali chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
"Sammy, Sammy, Sammy,” she cooed from somewhere near his right shoulder. Sam cringed at the use of the diminutive nickname. Why evil creatures always wanted to infantilize him and sully the nomenclature that rightfully was only Dean’s to use escaped him. Of course, right now it was the least of his worries. Tied down to a sturdy, cherry-wood table in the middle of an abandoned barn was the first. The second would be that he was naked save for the black brief style boxers they’d thankfully allowed him to keep. The autumn November evening was cold and getting colder by the moment. Sam shivered in spite of his best efforts not to show any weakness in front of the witch."

I know you mock me, but your writing style is just so beautiful. And, um, Sam's in boxers... :D

"Dr. Wayne isn’t comfortable giving your brother painkillers without knowing what drugs are already in his system. Do you know what he took?”

“Sam didn’t take anything,” Dean growled, louder than he’d intended. “And what do you mean to calm Sam down? He was practically unconscious when I brought him in here.”

“Please, Dean,” Linda said, taking a step back. “We’re trying to help your brother.”

Dean took a deep breath, lungs squeaking from the afternoon’s abuse. “I know, but Sam didn’t willingly take anything. He was in a gang when he was a teenager, you probably noticed the tattoo?”

Love your quick thinking about the Tatoo and how it can be an explanation for Sam's situation. Awesome.

“Why would you be worried about Sam?” Dean asked, pulling the hospital gown up further over his brother’s shoulder.

“He was fine,” Linda said. “Not entirely coherent, but aware. When we tried to take his jacket off, he fought against Mark.”

“Cut,” Sam said, struggling to prop himself up on his elbows. “They tried to cut off your jacket. I didn’t let ‘em, though.”

Dean raised an eyebrow at Linda who flushed with embarrassment. He turned his attention back to Sam, pushing him back to the gurney with one hand. “Good boy, Sammy.”

Oh no, the coat cannot be cut. I remember my mom was in a car accident years ago and they wanted to cut her bra to get to her chest. "over my dead body! This bra cost me $60!" That cracked me up and your scene made me smile!

Just wonderful all around! So glad that you were able to do this but no more birthdays, okay!

41 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3