Reviews for Perpetually Human
CharmedAli chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
I'm not entirely sure what I think on the subject but this episode really did get me thinking about it also.

Very well written :)
Team Rosalie chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
luv it! great opinion!
11nivea342 chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Perhaps he was wrong. Perhaps Ziva did want children. He had taunted her with the American Dream but was it a reality? One day, would Ziva find a man with whom she could settle down and raise a child? At the image of Ziva grinning at a dark haired man whose eyes were full of adoration for his wife and child – the one chasing the dog in their neat, green lawn – was one that felt like a muted blow to his stomach.

- my favorite part. 3 very powerful.

aw :( but amazing insight into ziva from tony's POV.
Silvergrass chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
wow sad ending kinda
stjeannedeluz chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Hey!

You nailed it. Totally IC AND a great fic every way you flip it, which is so hard now given that it's a new dynamic that at the same time the same. You nailed it in every way. Story. Character. Voices. Everything.

And the Pregnancy thing? I'm with you. I am NOT against pregnancy or kids, throwing that out there only that it is for the right people and right personalities at the right time-NONE if which applies to ZIVA. On my soap box- well, for so many, if they knew the truth of PPD and all that happens after for couples and WOMEN, and that it does not a fairy tale ending. (not to mention how couples, in brief, suffer. Tony and Ziva? Can't hack it.) ZIVA? Even pre s7 she was NOT one to get pregnant or to just be a mom to a baby. REALLY. NOW? Whoa baby. So not. Really. It's not going to be something to make her happy and in general, It's the total opposite. Recipe for disaster. FOR BOTH of them.

The idea of "BABY JOY falling madly in lovenow I can say I love youI never suffer from an identity crisismy job and home life never conflict and my marriage or 'marriage' never sufferswe ride off into the sunset and live behind a white picket fence and live happily ever after with a baby. AND THEN we have more, like 6. And I never lose my shape. ( Because really. The only time you go home in your clothes -or wear them during-OR go back to MuayTHai/Krv Maga 8 weeks later (just sounds Ziva to me) is when you only have half a pregnancy. Although, the loose fronted blouses make me wonder...huh. maybe my own experience. Ok. I add this because I know of which I speak. SOAP BOX moment.

BACK TO ZIVA, She lives off of adrenaline-and other women do to. BUT ZIVA, LIVES for it, it is her constant. Babies throw a monkey wrench in that to be brutally honest and for her, I don't think she IC can do it. THAT"S the shark jumping. AND who is just learning WHO she is.

As for TONY. He does have his own PTSD (bandied about yes, another soap box moment to be skipped here) Well. He's made notes of 'Middle age' And his feelings of Ziva are out there for all to see, and I swear, for him NOW it's almost like he's in that dream where he's naked, only now he's in a cold cold pool and explaining shrinkage to her and EVERYONE at the agency.

As for HER and THEM. They can't share each other. They are family for each other and just waking up to it. They just need each other for who they are and in spite of who they are. And not in a smarmy 'you complete me' way.

So. Ziva? BABY? NOW I can see HER as a great AUNT, etc... OR mom to a kid who pretty much is ready to move out and just needs someone to be there to see dance recitals, to comfort her every time she picks the wrong guy, etc...THAT I CAN see. Ditto Tony.

That said. I wanted to say. I love your story. And think you've just got it IC especially for now, and find it so refreshing, and just, I like that you've done it as "No, not baby, but good with kids" that later part is an observation-which leads me to this. I WOULD love a little second chapter.

I THINK that thoughts zoom thru Ziva's head at a mile a minute and then what comes out of her mouth is a fraction there of-perhaps both of them. And that -or what lead you to write this, would really be something to read.

EH, this is not meant for a soap box BUT I just love Love this. All the way around and to find this is just so refreshing, I can't say enough and this is just how it came out, and I"m so happy to have it.

AND I can tell too, I swear, you've written something that YOU want to write, which is just what makes for a great read. AND I am on to ANOTHER cup of tea, which, Is a high high compliment in my book. I love this fic. LOVE LOVE. Thanks Million Jeanne.
Jean89 chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
"Not any more" was a fantastic answer. Short, sweet, answering the question but revealing nothing - exactly Ziva.

3 it :)
fractured-fairytale06 chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
I think this is my favorite story that you've graced us with. (Though I must admit that the smut one was FANTASTIC. lol) This had everything necessary to showcase the characters, and all their myriad emotions. Tony was frank and honest, and Ziva was her strong-and somewhat sad-self. Beautiful, beautiful writing.

I agree with you completely, of course. For as long as this show continues, I cannot see Ziva as a mother. One day, maybe... for now, they have each other and that's all they need. D
zatl chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
hmm... I don't know. I can see your point of view on this one, but I can also understand the opposing position.

whatever the writers of NCIS do I'm sure it will be amazing (honestly I think there isn't going to be a happily ever after for this show)
Malys chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Good story, thanks for sharing !

And I think you're right, Ziva is my favorite character too, but it will be to weird to see her as a mother..even if I'm sure she has some maternal instincts.

(Sorry if I made some mistakes, I'm french..)