Reviews for Deck The Hall
Fingersnaps chapter 13 . 12/4/2014
This is an excellent case file and whodunit! I think you got the right balance between giving your readers enough clues so they could solve the case if they were paying attention, and overegging the pudding by having too many peripheral characters and 'clues' so we got submerged in detail. As it is you had me guessing ( I did guess correctly, but only after a bit of head-scratching) and as I've come to expect from your stories the team characterisations were outstandingly good.
I know Tony's far away your favourite, but you do full justice to everyone here, and the strengthening bond between Tony and Tim was great to see. Added bonus, it's a Christmas story and I got around to reading it at just the right time of year. Loved it, thank you!
Guest chapter 13 . 1/21/2013
One of the best NCIS casefics I ever read. It is the mystery, the puzzle and how they solve it that I like-not the unnecessary angst falsely created by making the characters extra-vulnerable or stupid. This is just a really-good story well told.
Corala chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
Good God who is it
Corala chapter 2 . 11/19/2012
So what as Gibbs been up too then
USAFChief chapter 13 . 8/20/2011
Fabulous, simply fabulous!

I do not normally like nor enjoy Gibbs/DiNozzo father/son stories and this was really not one, though it came close on occasion. However, the way you laid it out as being Tony's case to work with Gibbs acting as his second and sometimes adviser worked well.

You had me teary eyed with the ending carols amid the joy of the time.

I put as poetic license that you had a mixed band; civilian and military. Such things just do not exist, although occasionally military band members will be allowed to join with a civilian band or orchestra from time to time. Military musicians are recruited as musicians and do not give up some primary occupation to play in the military band - they are full time musicians. And we military people are quite proud of them...they serve us and our country very well. (I do not mean to sound pedantic nor do I mean any of that as reproof.)

This was an excellent piece and believe it or not, I see the difference between this and "Joanna." You have improved your skill and I expect as I go forward through your work that I will see more improvement.

Thank you for posting this for us to read. Best regards,

USAFChief chapter 2 . 8/20/2011
Okay, you caught me with that last bit. Very, very cool! I have a big smile on my face.

USAFChief chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
I like it already! This is off to a splendid start, and I look forward to the humor. I have written some crack!fic that made me laugh as I wrote it, so I understand the desire to insert some humor.

It may be several more chapters before I review again, but when a chapter grabs me I'll be back. Man, you've got a lot going on with this one!

Thanks for posting.

Mezzo Beev chapter 13 . 4/23/2011
I love this story. I love the mature, effective investigator/leader Tony that you write. I think the idea of Gibbs playing Santa is very cute and I liked that Tony figured it out and kept it a secret. I liked that after some initial balking at Tony’s leadership, Tim got with the program and followed. I like the well-developed background you give the case story – the snowballing concert, the variety of personalities and their interactions, the integration of Gill and Josh from canon. You basically have given us two full stories in one: the story of the charity concert and the efforts involved in pulling it off; and the story of the crime and its investigation.

And such wonderful character development! I like how you have written Ziva here. I do think that her canonical re-integration into the team after her conflict of interest sent her off the rails has been a bit too easy. The trust in her has been too quickly reestablished. And if she truly distrusted Tony as she canonically conveyed in words and deeds, we would be seeing more incidents like what you wrote. I think it was a good choice to have Tony be the one to talk to her about her behavior. It was a good Senior Field Agent to junior team member scene.

Having Tony longing for and not getting a deeper relationship with Ziva is very nicely handled. I like that you have him trying to be realistic and suppress his feelings in the face of her complete lack of interest. Yea! Abby being in the know and supportive of him. I know you have this as an ongoing theme in your stories. I look forward to seeing where you take it. Personally, I think he deserves better than what Ziva has to offer. She’s always too quick to think the worst of him.

The one thing that disturbed me was Ducky apparently removing the drumsticks from Burns’s neck at the scene and then using them in a demonstration. Since the body could be transported without disturbing them, I would have expected that he would wait until he was back at autopsy to examine the wounds more closely and carefully remove the weapons. The controlled environment would be more conducive to preserving any forensic evidence that might be in or about the wounds. Of course, doing that would have thrown a spanner into your works since that would have postponed the revelation that the points of the drumsticks had been sharpened.
velveteen habit chapter 13 . 2/28/2011
I love your writing style. Like, a lot. I hope when I click your name you have a bunch more stories written, and that you're still writing new stuff. This story was so enjoyable.
TheNaggingCube chapter 13 . 8/7/2010
I don't know why I didn't read this when you first posted it... but so glad to stumble across it now. A smash up Tony physically and emotionally roller-coaster ride. hahahah Gibbs as Santa.
maleshka chapter 13 . 7/18/2010
finally got round to reading it, like i promised :)

loved the image of gibbs in a father christmas outfit, but loved the idea of abby and the nuns bullying him into it even more ;p

a great assortment of oddball characters that helped to make an interesting backstory, and the team comraderie was nice to read (have just seen end of season 6 and the whole rivkin disaster - a good team fic was welcome relief).

liked the balance of humour, hurt/comfort and action. well done!
tiffaroolou chapter 13 . 6/8/2010
Well, I seem to be making my way through all of your stories, and this one did not disappoint. Loved it! Btw, I've always thought Gibbs would make a good Santa. :D
nebbyJen chapter 13 . 4/20/2010
What an incredible fic. Intricate, well written, interesting plot, creative, and totally captivating! I don't think I've read any story out there that had as many pieces as this one. Please keep writing as I look forward to reading what else you put together.
smartkid37 chapter 11 . 2/26/2010
Tim didn't need to be taught to look out for anyone.

He's a kind hearted soul who does it without thinking twice about it.

Gibbs keeping Tony on that pedastal is really not pleasant to see.
smartkid37 chapter 10 . 2/26/2010
why would Gibbs have a problem going with McGee?

Tony the only one Gibbs cares about?