Reviews for Don't Drift
The Altrox chapter 17 . 3/3
TVTropes recommended this fanfic, and I'm glad I checked it out. I like how even as older characters, the cast still retains familiarity with what they were in the show. For most of the cast, it really feels like they're the same characters several years down the line. I also like Edd/Marie as a pairing.

If I have any criticism, I'd say it's with the parents. I don't feel like they really add much to the story. The exception being Edd's mom, which creates a bit of tragedy for his character.

All in all, good work. I see that you haven't updated in awhile, but I hope you do soon. Good luck!
Guest chapter 17 . 9/30/2014
Aww :(
I was really looking forward to seeing those hipsters heads kicked in...

But seriously, excellent fan-fic! Basically all of the characters are older versions of what they were in the original show, so believabe to the point I was reading an official extension to the show itself.

The character development is phenomenal and it's incredibly deep, original and very clever overall. Also very realistic and reflective of everyday struggles. This was an incredibly entertaining and emotional read. you have excellent potential as a writer, keep it up!
Nine90 chapter 17 . 9/21/2014
Amazing. Just beautiful. You are amazing. I really want the Eds to get back together! You have gotten my full attention.
Saiyamekian Princess chapter 17 . 4/30/2014
Oh my...it's very sad things took this turn...for everyone.
I absolutely LOVE this. I've been reading it all day (and usually nothing holds my interest that long). I like how you've touched upon all of the characters (even Jonny...who I'm wondering if has some huge Batman Gambit in this story).

I'm dying to find out what happens! Please update soon!
(Also, I'm SOOO glad you didn't end it at chapter 16!
Saiyamekian Princess chapter 12 . 4/30/2014
This story is breaking my heart!

I'm in love with it! It's really well written and it stays pretty true to the characters! (Though, I can't really get with the Blonde Double D thing. :P I still picture him as black-haired.)
Saiyamekian Princess chapter 11 . 4/30/2014
Oh wow...that was sad. I'm actually tearing up...
Neo H.B.B. Sam chapter 17 . 4/22/2014
I can't believe I only saw that you've updated this story just recently. RubyBlight, might I say that the amount of development you've been making in this story is simply epic. Jimmy seems to be growing a lot more in this story than I would have imagined. He's been discovering about himself more as a person, protected Nazz from some creeps at a club and he's even getting along better with the Eds to even have a friendly snowball fight with them. Even Sarah & Kevin, who were originally quite antagonistic in the show at times are developing a lot. Sarah is starting to realize how horrible it is for the Eds to not be friends anymore and is trying to bring that status quo back. Then Kevin is realizing how badly he fucked up and has became quite mature now. Rolf even knows about this, and he's been absent for most of the story sadly, but at least Nazz lets him know what's going on still.

That said, I love how even though this story is about the Eds, you do remember to focus on the other kids, RubyBlight. Of course, speaking of the Eds themselves, boy do they seem to be in denial about how much they need each other, all three of them. Double-D's finally grieved about it (although his psychotic mom doesn't help things much at all) and Ed doesn't like the separation either but isn't doing much about it. Eddy is the worst at this though, since he keeps lying to himself so much that it's painful to see how big he is in denial since it's so obvious he knows how wrong he is, but is too damn prideful to admit it. Shoot, even their parents know something bad happened between them, but of course they're staying out of this.

Still, I cannot wait for the next chapter, RubyBlight. I can only wonder how the show Eddy and his new "friends" will go to will turn out. I can tell that they upcoming chapters are only going to get much more serious, and that is great. I will be eagerly waiting once more for what's to come. So until then, good luck and keep up this fantastic story.
Pitbull15 chapter 17 . 4/22/2014
This is a superb story... Tragic, but superb. You inspired me to make an account and start writing on here for EEnE.
writer-person2 chapter 17 . 4/21/2014
It seems that Eddy's in denial about how everything is going and about whether he needs Double D and Ed back. I'm sure they'll find a way to make up eventually :) Great chapter, as always.
Boris Yeltsin chapter 8 . 4/20/2014
I'm enjoying this.
Boris Yeltsin chapter 7 . 4/19/2014
Keep the fun going.
Boris Yeltsin chapter 6 . 4/19/2014
Loving it.
Boris Yeltsin chapter 5 . 4/19/2014
I see you haven't forgotten Rolf. Good to know. This is an excellent look into more mature versions of the characters.
Anon chapter 16 . 3/17/2014
Love this fic, its absolutely great! The first EE&E fic I’ve ever read on here and I'm hooked! The characters are all spot on and I love the drama and exploration of the Ed's family lives – Double D's in particular as I never really thought of him having issues at home but equally it all fits so perfectly. The whole thing has been a gooey mixture of suspense-filled teenage angst and the kinda uplifting bromance material the the show is so beloved for and I loved how you've weaved the deeper and more mature undertones into a show that at face value is kinda silly – and it works! I'm actually so desperate for the guys to make up my anxiety over the thought they might not is palpable. Cant wait for more!
Neo H.B.B. Sam chapter 16 . 1/25/2014
Oh man, I was so excited reading that message where you told me this story updated, RubyBlight! It had been such a long time since this story of yours had updated, and I was so glad that it finally did!

So now Double-D's finally received medication for his bipolar disorder, which is great since it's nice seeing him stable again. Although now it seems as if Eddy can't help but dig himself into a deeper grave as usual. Taking off Double-D's hat without really gaining anything out of it and now wanting to go this concert, which I'm sure will have quite a bit of consequences. Marie & May wanting to befriend Nazz is pretty interesting too, and it's really intriguing seeing how everything's been turning out. I am so glad you didn't end the story here RubyBlight and that we can expect a few more chapters outta this. Keep it up, I'll be sure to read and review the next one!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »