Reviews for Don't Drift
cl0ve chapter 18 . 8/24
Man, this was great! Hope you continue on with this!
Tengetsu chapter 18 . 6/14
I spent a whole 2 days reading this because of how good the writing is. Each individual character is thought out and has had their own progression the story is gripping and the conflicts even hit close to home and had me thinking over my own life sometimes definitely if not the best Ed,edd, n eddy fanfic
writer-person2 chapter 18 . 2/24
I'm so glad that you're still updating this! Poor Ed, having to cope with losing both of his friends. Though, he doesn't seem too upset about Eddy anymore. A part of me is glad that Double D and Ed are moving on instead of dwelling on the fight and letting it hurt them, but another part of me really wants them to be friends again, which probably won't happen if none of them are trying. I just hope they all find happiness, in the end. Even Eddy

...even though he's being a jerk.
lynch98 chapter 18 . 2/17
Welcome back to the land of the living! I hadn't looked at this story for almost two years when I had a differeny account on here. This chapter feels almost like you never stopped updating. Good job!

Are you planning on regular updates?
Neo H.B.B. Sam chapter 18 . 2/15
Wow, it's been awhile since I've taken a look at your story RubyBlight. I must say that two years later this story still feels very suspenseful and immersing. It was pretty easy to jump right back into Don't Drift after the hiatus, and that's a rarity for many stories that take a break. Don't feel too bad about the very slow update time, we've all grown more busy with life.

As for the chapter itself I can't say I'm too surprised to see it so heavily focused on the Eds themselves. Poor Ed, with Double-D leaving for medical school in August and his relationship with Eddy having fizzled out really bad, the idea of him to lose both of his dear childhood friends is traumatic. At least Double-D was nice enough to say he would still try to visit and be the first person to operate on him for surgery. The dialogue came across as very real and meaningful, another rarity in most stories in general. Then Eddy has finally made his dark descent into chaos.

I can't wait to see your next chapter RubyBlight, even if it takes another two years to get uploaded. I can already imagine the horror and the hell Eddy is going to get himself into at the concert. Please keep up writing when you can RubyBlight, this is an amazing story!
Boris Yeltsin chapter 18 . 2/15
Love it.
The Prophet Of Lies chapter 17 . 10/1/2015
Fun never finished story so sad about that but o wells
Atomitrox chapter 17 . 3/3/2015
TVTropes recommended this fanfic, and I'm glad I checked it out. I like how even as older characters, the cast still retains familiarity with what they were in the show. For most of the cast, it really feels like they're the same characters several years down the line. I also like Edd/Marie as a pairing.

If I have any criticism, I'd say it's with the parents. I don't feel like they really add much to the story. The exception being Edd's mom, which creates a bit of tragedy for his character.

All in all, good work. I see that you haven't updated in awhile, but I hope you do soon. Good luck!
Guest chapter 17 . 9/30/2014
Aww :(
I was really looking forward to seeing those hipsters heads kicked in...

But seriously, excellent fan-fic! Basically all of the characters are older versions of what they were in the original show, so believabe to the point I was reading an official extension to the show itself.

The character development is phenomenal and it's incredibly deep, original and very clever overall. Also very realistic and reflective of everyday struggles. This was an incredibly entertaining and emotional read. you have excellent potential as a writer, keep it up!
Nine90 chapter 17 . 9/21/2014
Amazing. Just beautiful. You are amazing. I really want the Eds to get back together! You have gotten my full attention.
Saiyamekian Princess chapter 17 . 4/30/2014
Oh my...it's very sad things took this turn...for everyone.
I absolutely LOVE this. I've been reading it all day (and usually nothing holds my interest that long). I like how you've touched upon all of the characters (even Jonny...who I'm wondering if has some huge Batman Gambit in this story).

I'm dying to find out what happens! Please update soon!
(Also, I'm SOOO glad you didn't end it at chapter 16!
Saiyamekian Princess chapter 12 . 4/30/2014
This story is breaking my heart!

I'm in love with it! It's really well written and it stays pretty true to the characters! (Though, I can't really get with the Blonde Double D thing. :P I still picture him as black-haired.)
Saiyamekian Princess chapter 11 . 4/30/2014
Oh wow...that was sad. I'm actually tearing up...
Neo H.B.B. Sam chapter 17 . 4/22/2014
I can't believe I only saw that you've updated this story just recently. RubyBlight, might I say that the amount of development you've been making in this story is simply epic. Jimmy seems to be growing a lot more in this story than I would have imagined. He's been discovering about himself more as a person, protected Nazz from some creeps at a club and he's even getting along better with the Eds to even have a friendly snowball fight with them. Even Sarah & Kevin, who were originally quite antagonistic in the show at times are developing a lot. Sarah is starting to realize how horrible it is for the Eds to not be friends anymore and is trying to bring that status quo back. Then Kevin is realizing how badly he fucked up and has became quite mature now. Rolf even knows about this, and he's been absent for most of the story sadly, but at least Nazz lets him know what's going on still.

That said, I love how even though this story is about the Eds, you do remember to focus on the other kids, RubyBlight. Of course, speaking of the Eds themselves, boy do they seem to be in denial about how much they need each other, all three of them. Double-D's finally grieved about it (although his psychotic mom doesn't help things much at all) and Ed doesn't like the separation either but isn't doing much about it. Eddy is the worst at this though, since he keeps lying to himself so much that it's painful to see how big he is in denial since it's so obvious he knows how wrong he is, but is too damn prideful to admit it. Shoot, even their parents know something bad happened between them, but of course they're staying out of this.

Still, I cannot wait for the next chapter, RubyBlight. I can only wonder how the show Eddy and his new "friends" will go to will turn out. I can tell that they upcoming chapters are only going to get much more serious, and that is great. I will be eagerly waiting once more for what's to come. So until then, good luck and keep up this fantastic story.
Pitbull15 chapter 17 . 4/22/2014
This is a superb story... Tragic, but superb. You inspired me to make an account and start writing on here for EEnE.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »