Reviews for Duty as Usual
slapshot22 chapter 4 . 11/7/2009
I love the range you have captured with this story, a little bit of everything and it all flows very well together. Can't wait for more.
Karama9 chapter 4 . 11/7/2009
I'm totally hooked on this story. I love your take on the characters - it's funnier than the comic books, yet it has plenty of potential for serious action and drama. Keep up the good work!

... and I love that you pointed out Tommy's hearing. It's so often forgotten.
Faye Kinitt chapter 4 . 11/7/2009
ah the plot thickens , scarlett gets lcuky and beachhead got to have fun yelling at newbies , so every one is happy. really really enjoying this fic.
Faye Kinitt chapter 2 . 11/6/2009
this chapter gave us just what you promised , fluffy , laughs and stormshadow being a clean freak , cant wait for more .
Starkiller Jedi Knight chapter 3 . 11/6/2009
good stuff
Karama9 chapter 3 . 11/6/2009
Great chapter! I love Scarlett's take on Storm Shadow. (Get him to burn off some energy... like a toddler. Cute) And it's funny, I keep picturing him getting (and refusing) marriage proposals from other clans too. :D
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 3 . 11/6/2009
The "sirs" and "ma'ms" were more because its standard dojo etiquette to refer to the instructors by that honorific than due to any military rank, and it's been well drilled into me to never ever ever forget to throw in the "Sir" or "ma'm" when talking to an instructor (I ended up as punching bag for the rest of the class a few times in my early days...)

I try to write good action sequences...glad they come off well. Nine years of martial arts training means that I can pretty much picture how a hand-to-hand encounter would go down...glad it comes across well.

And yes, I can see SS getting off on being called "sir" anyways...
willwrite4fics chapter 3 . 11/6/2009
Oh my god, it just gets better. Only beef is calling the sergeants "sir". Most sergeants will scream at being called sir, since they are NCOs, and thus are called "Sergeant" instead of "Sir". Although Storm Shadow might get off on being called Sir.

BeachHead even yelled at Jinx in the cartoon for calling him Sir.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE(Siad it three times so it MUST be true) LOVE your action sequances, very crisp, very real. Someone who cues each move is more common than people would think, although they should break him of it for the good of the team, IF they don't just murder him first.

I even like your OC HeadBanger character, because she ISN'T great at hand-to-hand, she isn't tall, she isn't coming off as a Sue at all. And I love her sense of humor at her height too.

Can't wait for more!
slapshot22 chapter 2 . 11/6/2009
Whew! I got tired just reading about the obstacle course! Great story so far! Looking forward to more!
Karama9 chapter 2 . 11/6/2009
Loving this! Keep it up. :D
willwrite4fics chapter 2 . 11/6/2009
I love obstacle courses, and adore BeachHead. I think he does hate clean clothes on his guys. Reminds me of working with the horses.. "If you ain't filthy, you ain't working HARD enough!"

Love the sweetness between SE/S and the taunting/bickering between SS and SE. Can't wait for more!
Faye Kinitt chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
im so glad your doing a multi chapter story, i really liked your other stuff.

great opening sequence by the way. cant wait to read more.
willwrite4fics chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
So Hawk's lending SE out to test security all over! This was great! Can't wait for more.
148 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10