Reviews for In the Aftermath of Hell
Shanleyflower chapter 8 . 12/29/2012
This was an incredible story! Very well written! I would really appreciate it if you finished... but I understand that sometimes that doesn't happen... I have enjoyed all of your stories that I've read so far, and am looking forward to reading more! Thanks for posting.
Heather chapter 8 . 11/22/2012
I hope one day in the future you may feel well enough to add to this. I am being entirely selfish and want to know what happens to Pete and Jim and if they can ever get back to some sort of normality. I have just discovered your Adam12 and Emergency fics.
Bamboozlepig chapter 8 . 10/20/2012
Thank you, Steve, for sharing your thoughts with me, I greatly appreciate it, as such feedback is valuable to me as a writer, for it helps me refine and improve my craft. Since you didn't leave a signed review that I could privately respond to you, I'm taking the liberty of addressing one of your concerns publicly in hopes that I can clear up any misconceptions you might have about my work.

I assure you that I am fully aware that the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles County Fire Department are two separate entities and would not usually work together unless asked to do so, such as in the case of a major disaster or crime. However, in the instance of the story "The Ordinary Day" and its two sequels, "In The Aftermath Of Hell" and "Courage Under Fire", I took the liberty of creative license afforded to writers by crossing over characters from two shows most of us are familiar with, "Adam-12" & "Emergency!". This was done in order to craft a more suspensefully appealing and hopefully more thrilling story for readers and NOT out of any ignorance of jurisdictional protocols on my part. I did explain in the first chapter of "The Ordinary Day" that the Granite Court area was in a boundary dispute at the time of the sniper case, with one side of the street having city jurisdiction and the other side of the street having county jurisidiction, hence the handling of the case by both county and city departments. This is not unusual by any means, many cities, including my own, have grey areas where authority or jurisdiction is questionable and calls for service get dispatched to both city and county (or city and neighboring city), and the situation is initially handled by whomever gets there first, with the semantics getting sorted out later.

I hope that explains the matter fully and thank you for taking the time to not only read my stories, but to also share with me your thoughts and concerns, I truly appreciate it.

Kim (Bamboozlepig)
Steve Dawson chapter 8 . 10/19/2012
I've spent the day reading some of your work and I have to admit, you're one helluva good writer. But I do want to point out one thing that I noticed is fairly common among writers on here: Pete and Jim would likely never work with Johnny and Roy, the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles County Fire Department are two separate divisions. Any calls within the city limits would be handled by the city fire department, not the county, which means that any fire calls Pete and Jim were dispatched on would be dealt with by the city fire dept. Even in the "Lost & Found" episode where Adam-12 and Emergency! crossed over, Pete and Jim worked only with the Rampart staff of Dr. Brackett and Dixie, not Johnny and Roy. City and county would not work together unless requested to do so. So in your story "The Ordinary Day" and its two sequels, the sniper situation would've been handled by either city or county, but not both. I just wanted to set the record straight on that idea because while it's a good one, it wouldn't really happen that way in real life.

SaraiEsq chapter 8 . 9/15/2012
Ya know, this was an incredibly intense story (both of them, actually). And although you've indicated this story is on hiatus, I'm not entirely sure it needs anything more. Sure, it would be nice to see how things all work out and if/how/when Jim and Pete get their heads back on straight. But on the other hand, this ending is about as good and as hopeful as we can get.

Excellent work, as usual. You're a tough act to follow.
trout1986 chapter 8 . 10/25/2010
great chapter.

PTSD is just like the hell pete had in his nightmare, at least for a lot of US. I really liked the line

"when we so desperately need them, a little thread of hope to cling to when it seems everything else is gone"

It is great writing and true.

The Delirium Threemen chapter 8 . 10/21/2010
Your talent amazes me. This story had me glued to it from the first chapter. You get right inside Pete and know how to get the characters feeling's out to the reader. In a sense it almost feels like I was inside Pete's head when I was reading this chapter.

I'll patiently await the next update.

sings2high chapter 8 . 10/21/2010

ringing all the changes, aren't we? OK, my heartstrings are so plucked, they're fraying to shreds. Your stories are deeply moving. Thank you.
callih chapter 8 . 10/21/2010
I actually teared up when Val was talking to Malloy. What a solid, good friend, there when times were truly the worst. Understanding and easing Pete through hell and gently bringing him home to sanity..well, a measure of it. Aptly described in the hauntingly shocking 'dream' Malloy experienced before the fateful knock of an old friend on the door. I thought for a second, Pete wouldn't answer and I was going to kick his well formed ass. 'I'm shooting for Captain.' haha. That's Pete Malloy. Go straight to the top, to hell with the lieutenant's shit. You take us through the same emotional roller coaster ride Pete has to endure. Not many authors around have that ability, Kim. He's got Evie's number stashed away. She gives him the strength to continue still hope. He better put that little black box in a very safe place, where he can always get to it. It's his life line, I think. Worth the wait woman..worth the fucking wait! Enjoyed ever carefully thought out line. Now..for Jim?
charlotte chapter 8 . 10/21/2010
so glad to see this updated and it was wonderful. hope you are felling wonderful too soon. Thank you thank you
ssabl chapter 8 . 10/21/2010
Sorry to hear you are not well, you are an extraordinary writer and I know for one the pleasure I get from reading your stories. This chapter is again a testament of this. Pete is really suffering and he will need the support of his friends and colleagues if him and Jim are going to get threw this. As for his relationship with Judy this will be an emotional time and a test as to how strong their love is and whether they do belong with each other. I think its time for Pete to rid himself of his demons and start to live again.

Thank You again for an amazing chapter.

Best Wishes Sue
lovesanimals chapter 7 . 10/5/2010
I'm very sorry to hear that you have Fibro-my 18 year old daughter was diagnosed 4 years ago and was forced to put her career as a dancer on hold.(she was a top ranked competative dancer for 4 years) She is just now getting her life back together and hope that you will be able to as well. I would really like to see this story finished! My prayers are with you.
ssabl chapter 7 . 5/28/2010

your writing is getting better each chapter, the intensity and passion that is written is amazing. I agree Pete is suffering from PTSS, its unfortunate that he seems to think people who are trying to help are in his world again his enemy. I think Judy is trying to be there for him but in reality (unless you have lived the fight then you can only listen and offer what ifs and maybe's)

Looking forward to the next chapter still so many twists and turns to happen

lanajoy chapter 7 . 5/27/2010
At first, I was mad at Pete for being so mean to Judy and then, I wanted to take his gun and shoot her. This woman can NOT take a hint. The flashbacks to the day's terror were simply chilling. I am so sorry Pete had to go through that. I did like that he felt the need to pray since he is usually not very close to God. I think he is a very private man that has been spiritually and emotionally crushed by this 'day in the park.' It is clear that both officers are suffering from PTSS. They need time off and lots of counseling to heal. Pete took the first step when he broke down and allowed himself to feel the horror he had gone through. And people think after the shooting stops, it's over.
enosgalpal chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
AWESOME! What a grasp of this character. This is an outstanding chapter in an outstanding story. Please keep it up and let us know what happened to Reed. You made me feel like I was there with them. God bless, Marilyn
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »