Reviews for Doubting Thomas
RonneeM chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Very well written and poignant retelling of the depth of the ingrained problems of JKR's wizarding world. I really like Thomas as Harry's spiritual heir and Luna as his spiritual widow, teacher of his heir. It truly is a good piece with just enough hope to believe in a possible good ending.
LilithL2 chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
amazing... but...even if the "banner" its a different idea, don't you think that the ending line will be the same? Muggles and Wizards killing each other?
i loved the image of Hermione's parents killing purebloods and Arthur killing them in retaliation.
I never read a scene like this... but it is not so far from a real "civil war".
congratulations :)
Love Psycho chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Holy shit...this is...awesome. I'm glad I finally read this. Luna is one of my fav HP characters...and the way you handled her here is...wow. Just wow.

I'm curious about the war that is coming, of course. Another story, perhaps? -puppy eyes- I would like very much...

-hands over platter- Magic cake for you!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
fucking awesome story
Preier chapter 1 . 11/26/2012

yes indeed

thank you for sharing your tales.
pinks99 chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Great short story! I look forward to reading more of your work!
yay chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
This is unique, really well written, and seems in character for Luna.
ResidentEvilChris chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
AMAZING! Wish you could continue! Do a sequal or something
Windwhistles chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
Wow, what an amazing story! I really enjoyed the way you wrote it! thanks for sharing!
Barranca chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
It only really gets better if someone takes a stand and doesn't back down. I regret it takes violence to force the change though.
Thank you for this story, different and inspiring!
nobodez chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Wow, powerful story. I really like the image you painted, of a Tom Riddle that leads a liberation rather than a subjugation.
Gundum M chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Great fic. I do wonder where it would all end up at though.
Hebi R chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
This is absolutely the one that needs expanding. First, seeing what the incarnation of the Death Eaters as crusaders for Muggleborn and Halfblood rights would look like/Order of the Phoenix as a terrorist group (the magical IRA?) needs to be out there. What kind of symbols would they use? I am sure Luna taught her son to view death in a different way than his last incarnation did, but he would still need an alias to protect his identity. What would this Riddle pick?

Thomas Riddle backed up by his mother, particularly one like Luna? PLEASE! The interactions at meetings with all the changes would be fascinating. Also, you mentioned that Thomas go into the Chamber, which means he would have found the basilisk. I am assuming here that the basilisk listened to the Heir's commands, rather than being automatically pro-Pureblood; I wonder what use could be made of it. If the venom could be collected it would probably provide excellent seed funds, at the very least.

If you had things extend into the Marauder years, the relationship dynamics might be very different. After all, in canon, the big split between Severus and Lily occurred because he fell in with the anti-Muggleborn crowd. In this timeline, he and Lily might be united in extreme politics, with Pureblood James on the other side. Andromeda falling for Ted Tonks might end up with her becoming the convicted Black sister.

So, with sherbet lemons, treacle tarts, peppermint humbugs, butterbeer, cauldron cakes, and other goodies, I beg you for more.
Evani chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
this is amazingly well written and im glad that i found it on tvtropes, i am curious as to if there will ever be a sequel though
Ichiume chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
This piece makes me wonder (a lot) on what Tom's planning that you're hinting at.
I can see how he's NOT going to become Lord Voldemort, but where is it going I wonder? It's going to be another war(?) from what I understand, but against who, what, how? Those are all great questions. And thank you for sharing this awesome piece with us. :)
317 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »