Reviews for The Courier
Artgirl chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
beautiful story

I like the way you include real-life details...where on does it say elves actually go to the bathroom? haha! great job as usual
SandraS chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Funny, sad and overall simply wonderful.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
A great story. Very well written.
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
I LOVE this! Another enjoyable read! Thanks for sharing. :)
Jebb chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
This was wonderful, I loved Thranduil here, with so many traits that Faran could relate to and yet still completely alien to him.

I liked the care that the elves took of Faran when they could easily have just abandoned him after they recieved the news and Thranduils anger at the sons of Isildur being left to die worked well with his desire for children of his own

How sad that Faran never knew that Thranduil had a son he would have been happy for the elven king

As for the love bite that was a delight both for the reader and I suspect for Thranduil!
leralonde chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
I loved how you took us on this journey with Faran. Not only his journey to the elves but through his life. I'm glad he saw the truth before it was too late. That picture of Thranduil straight from the arms of his wife was perfect. And I especially enjoyed his discomfort as he noticed Faran staring at the mark on his neck. Rocharan was another wonderful creation. She was a faithful creature. Are we going to learn more of Leod?
Stickeh chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Bloody marvelous! Thranduil taking a leak made me giggle, if I'm honest. XD I really enjoyed it, especially the ending and Thranduil's words of 'posterity' to young Faran.

Loved it! 3
SadieSil chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
What a perfect story. I just felt in love with Faran. I love your own characters Jael, keep they coming :-)

Thanks for sharing this tale. It's another one for my folder of the favourites.

love

Sadie
ziggy3 chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Another story from you in such a short time is too wonderful! This is fabulous- Thranduil is, as always, totally glorious! I love the reason he doesnt want to be disturbed and he appears in such a state of undress! The thematic strand that weaves itself through this, the children, is particualry beautufiully done because of the very prosaic Faran. The similarities, they both have desire for their wife/ woman, both piss, etc but Thranduil teaches Faran abd leads him to enlightenment in respect of children. Faran's death made me cry- of course! And you dont give in to whimsy either. WOnderful character in Rocharan too.
CAH chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
Great story! Love how human you made Thranduil - he's just like us mortals isn't he?

Can't wait to read about Leod!
JastaElf chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
Ah God, that was lovely, as everything is that you write! So beautifully paced, so nicely worded, so perfect; I love how REAL your elves are, and you know I adore your Thranduil. He pees, he has sex, he gets hickies... and he's still just wonderful. :)

Thank you so much for this excellent new tale!