Reviews for Diving Headlong
crunchystars chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
"I think my balls cringed a little"

...best. line. ever.

this is seriously one of the top one shots i have seen, ever. it takes balls to deviate from the 'hot bella' routine and instead tell a story of how someone gets hot by becoming confident, not by having a makeover from alice.

there used to be a girl in my class who was like how bella started off, she just... hovered. so i could SO picture how bella was, she was a very realistic and relatable character. i mean, everybody knows/knew that someone in high school who was annoyingly clingy.

bella's transformation was actually really touching and i like how the tables are turned when edward becomes the cockblocker :D sweet justice. I also really love edward's character, he's just a really flawed but sweet character.

the last part where they're about to go to school is so cute! loved it so much :D

you are a seriously talented writer
sleeptalker1 chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
'Cockblocker Swan strikes again' - could not stop laughing!

All the thoughts in this one shot were brilliant. My sides are actually hurting from laughing so much. The punishment to the kids at the pool lol. I think my fav has to be Edward panicking because he's getting turned on with Bella on his lap in the truck - I could hardly breathe I was laughing so much.

Nice to have a change of the usual instant attraction to Bella as well. Great story of always wanting what you cant have - best I've read!
Fliberty chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
This is great! I love the gawky Bella and the story being told by Edward. All the little details of Bella's personality and guestures were great. It was so much longer than expected so none of it felt rushed.

I love the image of him jumping in the pool and claiming her in front of everyone, particularly the references to Disney movies and dancing! I had such a clear image of High School Musical 2 then (my 5 year old daughter is a huge fan. Not me, honest!)

Great story, thanks for sharing it!
gypsytrip chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
this was fucking amazing.
like, fucking. amazing.
usually when i read one shots i'm really disappointed cause i can't grasp the emotions in one measely chapter.
but you guys...like i said you're fucking amazing.
and there's my thoroughly articulate review!
thanks for your story-it was brilliant )
AND this is my first favorited story. you should be feeling pretty special. or maybe not i just feel like i'm more important than i am haha.
404 Account Removed chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Well, first of all... LMAO. You are truly genius.
Second of all... I loved it :D Edward being a fuckassbitch in the beginning and then Bella being the one in control, and then both of them realizing maybe.. just maybe they belonged together... made me smile lots :) Fanastic work!
CrazyLittleWriter chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
I loved this little one-shot! It's so original and cute. You had me thinking the entire time though about how you were going to manage to make it a happily ever after so congrats ;). Thanks for writing it!
V3Ru chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Hi! love it! very different from the real story in the sense that bella has to beg or something to edward to notice her... i think that you should definitively write bellas part of the story... hope your good! bye...
Kasa15 chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
Aha, I LOVED IT!

I was literally squealing at the end. xD
Mercyrus chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
shit...this was, hands down, one of the BEST one shots I've ever read. I love the Bella you created and I love how she transformed internally...I get so tired of the "She's All That" versions of Bella. You know, the Bella that just has to wear different clothes, some make-up and contacts and she's "beautiful"...it get's so old.

I don't even think I have the words for just how damn good this was. Keep writing and I'll keep reading!
DelicieuxGateau chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
So very cute, damn I wish it were summer already :(

Best one liner "Yellow doors were decidedly gay." very win
Amelia Bedelia chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
There is just something that you do with Edward... where you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to absolutely hate his guts in the beginning, and you think "God, there's NO WAY I'm ever going to like Edward in this story, he's just absolutely cruel and mean and a total dick!" and then somehow... you change that! HOW DO YOU DO THAT? Seriously! It's something with how his thoughts change, and I think you've got the art of a slowly changing mentality while still keeping him true to himself and his values... just changing when it comes to Bella, you know? Anyway... good stuff! I'd look to see more one-shots like this! I love the long one-shots!

Yours truly,

Amelia Bedelia
gagator chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
I loved this. :)
vicky chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
ahh. i love this one shot so much.
colourfulchatterbox chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
Edward is an idiot, but I love him :)

I love the whole story, I don't care how long it is :)

Keep writing.