Reviews for If I Ever Raise My Hand
StoriesOfAnotherNight chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
this is honestly one of my favorite books of all time and win and lo are definitely my too favorite characters. you did a great job with this and are an excellent writer:) well done.
Natalie Portmanteau chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Amazing piece! I came across this while searching for Gods and Generals. However, this was an unexpected and lovely treat. I love reading about the Civil War, and you captured all the stark reality of this conflict. Tyranny over freedom, loyalty over one's personal views, brother against brother and friend against friend.

I'd love to see another story like this!

- Mimi
Dr-Lovekill chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Very emotional fic. As a Civil War Reenactor (Commonwealth Battery, CSA), and a Civil War historian, I understand the depth of commitment the men had for their cause, and often for their friends and family that were sometimes on the other side.

I always enjoy reading more about Armistead, both fiction and nonfiction, and I see few works about him before the Gettysburg campaign. I've always admired the General as a commander and as a person, and even proposed to my fiancee near the spot he fell at Gettysburg.

But I digress as I usually do. Good fic! I'm currently doing a fic involving a little known animated work called Invader Zim, in which the characters are transported to Gettysburg, and see all 3 days of the battle. As a fellow Civil War fan, I'd appreciate your input. Thanks again for the great read.

-Dr-Lovekill