Reviews for The Price of Permanence
katinki chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Must say... am disappointed that there is only 1 chapter for me to read at the moment! Story will have to go on alert then.

Oh well, I can't say that this one has that same 'je ne sais quoi' or whatnot that the first chapter of Sin and Incivility has... but it was quite good. And I very much enjoyed reading it.

Very nice getting a little bit of the back story. When you said this novella would follow the same 7 chapter format, I'd anticipated a chapter per chapter type of structure. But no! You surprised me. So, now, I know not what to expect, and am intrigued! Excellent!

Hilarious to read Edward as a college frat guy. Such a change from the romantic, tortured Edward in S&I. I suppose we can thank the Peace Corps for that.

"He kisses her again and then tries to kiss her deeper, but her lips stay tightly shut. She doesn't like "pre-dawn spit." Disgusting morning breath and all." - so very funny. And realistic!

While there were a few funny moments, this chapter lacked the humor that we saw in S&I... then again, it would not make sense to be in full effect in this chapter. He is leaving for 2 years after all.

And it was quite pleasing to see Rose as a non-Ice-Bitch.

You handled the duality of emotions in S&I so well; I am so looking forward to a similar treatment of EPOV. I don't expect to see that same Tarantinoesque Grindhouse feel as with some of the chaps on S&I. Will it be depression? Anger? Numbness? What? Will he internally obsess (yes, of course he will... cannot wait to read about him wanting to catch her when she falls)? Truthfully, I don't know what to expect! I love authors who keep me on my toes.

So, a cliche'd "Can't wait for the update". Wonderful start!

Kate
RosaBella75 chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
I'm guessing he's gonna come home to Rose wanting to be or being with Em. Is he gonna find Bella while in the corps so it'll help, I wonder.

Eager to see!

Thanks for writing!

~D (aka IslandWoman221 on Twi'ed)
Viola Cornuta chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
glad you are back with this, as Book 1 was one of my first Twi fic forays, and now with baby Del, extra cute and complicated
juliejuliejulie chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Really nice. You fill in the holes really well and write a spot on Rosalie. As usual, you are awesome.
deb24601 chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
I absolutely love Emmett in this and Sin. Loved this first chapter and hope if the story has been brewing that updates will be fairly quick?

Without Bella and James cursing it's like a different story. Edward POV are often my favourite stories. Really looking forward to this!
whattheshmuck chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Love! Can't wait to read the rest.
redemptionsong chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Oh I'm pleased you decided to do an EPOV. I'm enjoying this start too. Can't wait for more.
michswan chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
What a treat - I had no idea that you were going to give us an EPOV of S&I. It should be an interesting ride... :)
scarletoctopus chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
:o I'm so excited about this!

I love how it's 3rd as well unlike Bella's version :) can't wait for more
Hoosier Mama chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
I'm so glad you're telling Edward's side of Sin and Incivility! Good beginning...did Emmett have Del in S and I? I guess it's been a while since I read it; maybe I just forgot that little detail. I'll have to breeze through it again to refresh my memory.

I'm still trying to decide which one is Eleanor Dashwood and which one is Lucy Steele. I guess I like your Rosalie too much to associate her with the nasty Lucy.

Thanks for writing,

Hoosier Mama
hudsonmama chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Yay! I loved Sin and Incivility,and I'm so excited that you are doing this. I can't wait for the next chapter.
JennyBenny chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Sin and Incivility is in my top five favorite fics so I can't tell you how excited I am that you are writing Edwards point of view. Loved the first chapter, I'm surprised Emmett has a kid. I can't wait to see what else another view point will reveal about this story!
SugarVenom chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
I'm so happy this is being written. I have read a zillion stories and S&I is still my favorite. I love that you know how to write a great story with a plot that follows a begining, middle, and end. No drawn out 60 chapters - just real emotion that pops off the screen. What I am trying to say is I adore your fiction, thanks.
dazzledtina chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Great, i cant wait to read more. And Emmett has a daughter? Rosalie seems quite taken with her.
Los Grotos chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Should I be walking away or should I stay and hope?
573 | « Prev Page 1 .. 27 34 35 36 37 38 .. Last Next »