Reviews for Cat's Cradle
eldestmiddle chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
On one hand, this all ties in beautifully and I feel "oh! that would be awesome!" But on the other hand, Kimihiro plays a shamisen made of Shizuka's grandmother's belly skin. OAO
charm13insomnia chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
really nice
TangerineTea chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Oh, /Shizuka/. And Haruka, of course, and Watanuki-

That was beautiful and dreamlike and strange, much like the series itself. Your writing is wonderful and reshapes my headcanon in its image. This is how it should have happened, I say! None of this...this Kohane-marrying, and Watanuki-leaving-behind-ness. Because a Doumeki knows how to wait. A, Foolish Mortal!
yue no rei chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Oh wow. Interesting interpretation on the cat/shamisen chapters. Loved the mood and tone in this.
Natalis chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Now, this is what I call a sexy story. ;)
a passing maniac chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
I'm very impressed with the tone of your writing. It takes skill to balance wistfulness and pragmatism, which are so different and yet comprise the essence of Doumeki's voice here. I haven't bookmarked a WIP 104 in a long time, because it's usually too much trouble to come back and read the next chapter, but you got my attention. Do please keep it up.
fenix-bennu chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
How lovely. Your prose is fluid and beautiful, and the story flows wonderfully. I do hope you continue to write.
Azalee chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Woo, that was great ! It even almost made sense ! :D (except the cat was supposed to never have had intercourse :p) Beautiful style, great imagery, excellent characterization. The descriptions of the dreams and Watanuki - pretty dreamy himself, incidentally - are beautiful, and I loved the details showing just how much the shop and its keeper are a central part of Doumeki's life now - particularly the first paragraph and "As he stared up at his ceiling, he remembered he would have to pick up radishes and tuna at the market tomorrow, his paper for Japanese history was due in two days, and there was a drip in the shop’s kitchen sink that he would have to get around to fixing." : simple but very effective.

And then the dream transition, and HARUKA-SAMA, and the Watanuki dream... Perfect. :D It might have made more to have used "Shizuka" instead of "Doumeki", since it's in his point of view and there's also Haruka, but that's the only nitpick I can find, seriously.

Just great :D
s2lou chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
That. Last. Sentence.

Knocked me over. Awesome job, bravo!
Turquoise.ebonyfox chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
That would be strange if this were true and the weird thing is that I definitely wouldn't doubt it.

Sincerely,