Reviews for Specimen
KissofJudas chapter 1 . 4/14/2015
*cackles* The last three sentences make it all perfect. Really holds the fic together, as it were. Oh my gosh, this is beautiful. Well done.
Extra Gone chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Oh Kanji~ you're so much fun to see get into trouble. Naoto's being compared to her Shadow and her reactions were cute, and while I felt Rise was just a slightly more exaggerated, I can see why for the meaning of comical conflict. :3

DIdn't expect Rise to be the one who kisses him, though. The freshman trio are getting tighter~
The Genius Mage chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
*wild laughter* I SO love your stories. When I start my Disgaea 4 crap I want them to be as hilarious as these. (Impossible but I'd love to try.)

I...really...LOL. I'm sorry. I need to stop leaving bad reviews but know I love it like usual.
psychedelic aya chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
I really love the freshman trio of P4. Great school fic, and not to mention funny! Poor Naoto, having to deal with a dramatic Rise and a flustered Kanji.
Patcheresu chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
Haha! Why did Naoto look so sad? It's not like he blantantly stated he never liked her, he just was too worried over Rise's health.
Resha04 chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Rise and Kanji...KISSED ?

Oh my...

Btw, great fic. I loved how you made Kanji trapped between the argument of 2 girls.

That is just cute
Marcondiuw chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Wow. That was funny. Liked how you were able to keep the characters as they are. Rise might have gone a little overboard, but I guess formaldehyde and dead frogs have strong effects when combined. BTW, I might be wrong but I believe Kashiwagi is the biology teacher...Anyway, nice story.
heylalaa chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
lol, that was so cute. 3

i loved the interaction and the dialogue, especially when rise and naoto argued to each other about how they should or shouldn't dissect the frog, haha.

and, oh, i was so happy because you brought ayane into this story. side chara really needs more love, hm? xDD;;

thanks for the fic. :)
lil-creator chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Oh now that just made me LOL. YAY FOR DISSECTING FROGS. I haven't experienced cutting one up open yet, but hey, it beats having to run 10m. XP At least Naoto didn't go Shadow Mode on them and started on the operation on people thing. Anyway, nice fic! Hope to see more funny stuff from you (or romance, depending on the pairing XP). And wait... If it happened on 2012, why are they still first years? (Well, that's how I understood it...)
Lady Cheshire chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Oh my goodness, poor Kanji. It's unfortunate that he's so fun to abuse, almost as much fun as Naoto. :) Really like how you've structured this one- it's unique in order to hold our attention and feeds into the entire awkwardness of the situation really well. Naoto seems a bit different compared to your other stories, and I like it a lot. Maybe it's because she's in a different role compared to Kanji, but it works really well. Love your Rise, too.

Thanks for the lovely fic!
Megaolix chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Poor Ayane. Even I wasn't able to do that stuff in those classes. I'm a guy, but that doesn't mean I like opening squishy stuff. Erk.

On that note, side-characters need more love, don't you think?

Souji failed at cooking? I guess he can't get them all.

And Naoto *accidentally* making an accident... Someone give Kanji confidence already!
ViktorMayrin chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
In which a Detective was Jealous, the Seamster was Kissed, and the Princess was Devious.

_
zero-damage chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
...and even Naoto couldn't be certain if it was all just a tragic accident. Hard to be rational when your best friend just kissed your just-a-friend-and-nothing-more.

Great setup, even better execution. Really like the section headings (number 4 in particular) and the Shadow comments. Rise's magnificent here. Love the line about Naoto getting teary and yellow-eyed - also, Rise being the one to give Kanji his first kiss (debatable though it might be.)

"a sound that is difficult to transcribe" - tense shift is logical but a bit jarring.

Man, poor Kanji. Impossible situation. Formaldehyde solution isn't terribly kind to the skin, either - or to carefully gelled-back hair.
MFAS chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Reading this reminds me of the first time I dissected an eyeball. And a chicken wing. And a liver. And a sheep's brain. And the smell of formaldehyde. Yeugh.

What wonderful memories. ANYWHO, t-this is the first time I've read a story that had crappy Souji cooking. You have no idea how happy that makes me. The Rise-Kanji-Naoto team never fails to amuse me. Lovely story and aww poor Kanji.
Kauia chapter 1 . 11/7/2009