Reviews for Beyond Disney
MissGuided chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
*grins* not really the disney version, but close enough. Lovely one-shot.
Kara chapter 1 . 1/17/2002
This was an incredibly cool fic! Very original, very well thought out. I really enjoyed this, and the entire culture that you built around Gill Girl and her Guy. Very good fic. :) Nicely developed too. I'd like a sequel. ;)
Amy Lock chapter 1 . 1/17/2002
You did an excellent job on this piece. It was a very interesting idea, taking the story of the two "merfolk" we are so briefly introduced to, and expanding it. It is very sad how all of their young were taken from them, but something that is also very true to Manticore. I wondered where they were kept, too, b/c I knew that they couldn't live in those cages in the basement. I loved Alec and Max's reactions to seeing the young hatch, and I think that you spun an absolutly wonderful fairy tale, even if the cruelty involved does extend the realm of the Disney world. (I loved the title by the way) Great job. Amy
pari106 chapter 1 . 1/15/2002
Oh, wow, I love this! Excellent, excellent idea! :) And totally unique. I think you're the first person to ever write such an in-depth fic on these two. The names are clever, too; very merfolk-ish ;) I love Max's line: "In a way, they could be considered kind of cute… yeah, in a way…" And Alec's reaction, too :D (hee hee) This was really awesome. Actually, I bet the babies *were* cute. In their own weird way :P The only possible criticism I could make of this would be that the dialogue is almost *too* sugary sweet. But, then, that can be a good thing. AFter all, you did say this is all about the happy ending :) And maybe I'm totally twisted... But I think you should write that "*way* beyond Disney" scene as a sequel ;D Please? *I'd* definitely read it! :D Anyhow, great job. Please keep writing in this fandom. You've got good style.