Reviews for Blessed Ignorance
Professor J. L. Nemo chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
You need to publish. Now. Please.
Window Girl chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
I can totally see Riddler doing this. I like that line "You're responsible for all of us."
Alexander D.C chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Quite enjoyable! Just to start, you seem to avoid altogether the problem of vagueness/incomprehensibility you've exhibited before. Very good. :)

For your first time writing as the Riddler, you certainly do a good job of it. (Again, this is me not knowing Batman that well, so don't trust me too much.) It's a bit scary, sure. But more than that, it's fun. Your peek into the Riddler's mind reveals a wonderfully demented and zany character, and, due to the way you write him, comes off as terrified, obsessive, and hilarious in equal measure.

Take, for example, R.'s wonderfully circular logic, "Nobody can kill Batman...therefore Batman cannot die." A funny, idiosyncratic statement that gives insight into R.'s insanity and lack of self-awareness. You manage to carry this feeling throughout the entire story, to the point that R.'s lack of insight into himself seems funny at first glance and more tragic and horrifying once I consider it more. Of course, the horror only really comes to the surface toward the end.

The only thing I'd really warn you about here is the fact that, for a horror story, it's just maybe a bit too funny. You had me chuckling all the way through, despite my awareness of the Fridge Horror. Unfortunately, this continued, even at and after the ending. The change in tone from black comedy/horror to straight-up horror is a bit too abrupt to really inspire any sort of reaction, and so I finished this story still grinning in amusement. I would advise you to change the tone gradually throughout, or to add a more protracted "horror" section toward the end (if being horrific really was your intention).

I'm sorry I can't give more specific or constructive criticism, not knowing how the setting and characters work all that wall. All in all, however, good job!
Twitchylicious chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
That was... gloomy, to say the least. xD I still thought it was fantastic, though. :3
anon chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Oh man that was awesome So see Eddie do that once he's proven he's the best what does he have left to do, who is he going to play with now? For all his faults he is much smarter than most police and would find that incredibly dull
BlackCapricornDay chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Very nice. An interesting exploration of the mutual dependency between Batman and his rogues, and the Riddler always makes for a fun story. Having Batman's life end in the same way it "began" (a random gun incident) is very poetic. I think my favourite part, though, is the line about Odysseus and the Riddler's reasoning process afterwards.

And, of course, perfect spelling and grammar is always a treat.
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
This. Is beautiful. I’m terribly drunk so the review probably won’t make much sense. But it’s the thought that counts, right? Riddler seems perfectly in character, the whole "I’m the best" attitude coupled with the "he can’t actually be dead, can he?" is pure, un-spoiled Riddler. I can also buy him killing himself after winning, because no matter how much he wants to beat Batman, once he does his life is over. I am very impressed.(Oh, and I’m actually a dude, but that is neither here nor there)