Reviews for Vide Cor Meum
Neminis chapter 1 . 8/23/2015
The evolution definitely worked here! I really enjoyed this! Quite sexy too.
Detafo chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
Oh, wow! This is seriously hot. You say in your AN#2 that that was not where you intended to go with the fic, but I can tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed it! You write very well... And you mentioned Hannibal, which is one of my all time favourite movies (though I agree about the 'safe ending'. Wish they'd gone with the book ending) so you're definitely on the HOT list, rather than the NOT... Lol.

Following and favoriting on top of reviewing... Loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Real good FanFic! Love it!
Please write more of these. How about do one for Ghost Hunt with Mai and Naru?
Just a suggestion.
Thanks for writing!

Review written by
Victoria Skylark
JustJane chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
I think it worked. It made the story interesting and give it depth. It's also romantic.
MademoiselleGF chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
I've read a ton of Red Eye stories (despite my late discovery of this fandom). This story is my second favorite Red Eye one-shot. ('This Is Not A Fighting Song' is my all-time favorite.)

With the exception of the Kung Fu crap - which felt incredibly random and out-of-character - the characterization was perfect. Some of the lines, albeit simple and short, were just so... gah. Particularly in one-shots, there are often these simple lines that just make you feel a tingly feeling inside and you feel like weeping from the sheer magnitude of the emotions that those lines stirred up. You had quite a few. :)

"Jackson had rationalized then that he really didn't mind if she called him Jack, Jill, John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, or any ridiculous name she could think of, so long as she made that sweet little mewling sound when she said it."

Just... yeah. This made me swoon.

"He almost does, right then and there. Jesus H. Christ, how is everything she says so unbearably erotic?"

How can everything you write be so gorgeous? ;)

LOL at the "Jesus H. Christ" part. I say that a lot in real life. I can so imagine Jackson thinking that.

"Perfectly fine. Until now.

He takes a breath. "Kenosha, Wisconsin." "

So, so, so lovely.

Thank you so much for writing this wonderful one-shot! It would be amazing if you would continue it. :)
Jomac chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Love love love all the sex - you write it very well. I think this works as a fast transition from fear and hatred to lust and potentially something else. Hard to pull off but I think you did it - think it would have been harder if you'd done it from Lisa's perspective. When you go back to the beginning which is the end you kind of wonder whether he's going to go there with her or not, but maybe that's ok to leave it hanging, (so to speak).
Nectar-Ambrosia chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
First of all, WHEEEEEZE. That was one intense ride. Like, I thought I was stumbling into some pure-pure smut territory, but wow- DAT CHARACTER COMPLEXITY. No, it wasn't mindless, satiny, moaning interaction between two sexbots, but this totally emotional, mental, and tantalizing game/journey with these two dynamic characters with so much delectable confusion and want about their relationship, if any. Gahh, and your language is so great. Atmosphere was great (need I say that? I think writers as talented as you generally tend to realize their awesomeness), Jackson's everything (mannerisms, smirks, lines) was delivered with impeccable timing, style, etc. So...that said, I'm pretty sure you just ruined real-life sex for everybody who read this. :)
Kyrene once Blood Roses chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Random review, but whatever. It's story time! So, I saw Red Eye in the theaters when the movie first came out. I left of course thinking that there would be cool fanfiction about this but, alas, there was none yet. I saw this story years later now and I was like "Oh, Red Eye, people finally made fic for that ::scrolling away...stop...scroll" I am so glad I did. This was beautiful and amazing. You make it work. And now, thank you so much, but I need to go abandon actual books for Red Eye fic now.
Medisha chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
For sure the best story about this "couple" Ive ever read. And I must agree with notes - the ending of Hannibal movie drove me crazy too. Well, Harris is rather romantical soul than Scott :) But thank you for this story, its simply brilliant!
Lizzie chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Someone's watched Secretary.
X chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
I've read this before and I will read it again. Absolutely incredible.
HowlynMad chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
You managed character development in the midst of smut. Now that's talent. And for me, the truth of the characters rates higher than anything else in a story. I can forgive grammar and even plot issues. (god knows my story structures arent the best) but when you nail the characters the story will always SING. You play a wonderful tune.
Calkat chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Dear lord, even the thought of you not considering this cohesive or anything short of breathtaking is downright insane.

I didn't expect to be half as charmed, half as entralled, or even slightly in love with these two characters coming together in what I thought was going to be a darker motif (abusive, dirty-most of which in this shipping are rationalized away, or excused instead of just admitting their flaws and moving along). I was completely wrong, and expected the ordinary, not the truly genius.

What a gem. I truly love this, and the details (it's always the details that do it for me). I also approve of the dichotomy you gave Jackson. He's got the touch of evil, no one doubts it, but I love how subtle you make it, and I don't mean that you diminish his truly malicious actions, but you don't make them so sharp and unrelenting all the time. It isn't always Satisfied, Smug Jackson and then Angry, Hulk-like Jackson. His anger can be quick, or a slowly smoldering candle wick, such as:

"He had felt her instantly stiffen after it slipped out, as though she feared a violent reaction from him. In other circumstances, he might have felt that black pit of rage churn in his belly. He recalled the last time she'd called him that. He'd had an overwhelming urge to break her pretty little neck. But right then, for the life of him, he hadn't been able to work up a single iota of anger - not when she'd said it like that, so soft and pleading, desperate for his touch."

It's refreshing to see a character portayed as feeling more than emotion at a time, rather than told that his emotions are in turmoil, and he's angry, bitter, resentful, lustful, etc.

And then this scientific tidbit just blew my mind. Like I said, I love the details:

"virtually high on a hormonal cocktail of dopamine, oxytocin, and vasopressin"

Research is sexy. Love it!

But my favorite part has to be the ending. She's breaking him down as swiftly as he broke her down. (They have slept together three times now).When she keeps asking questions, keeps digging into his life and mind, emotions, body. And then he answers her persistent pestering. I'll be honest, I fell in love a little bit with your portrayals of these characters (Lisa especially because she isn't so whiny, torn, depressed, etc.-she knows what she's doing, rolls with the punches and only agonizes minutely. I completely approve) more than I have invested before.

So again, thank you so much!
ChasingProse chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Goddamn that was sexy.
Premise Oh Sum chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
humph! It's hot in here. Especially when I picture Cillian doing all those things... Thank you!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »