Reviews for A Fine Line
marthapreston4 chapter 2 . 9/7
You make her sound like a teenager instead of a cop . A cop would know that it is rape and strong mary would have beat his ass. If this is happening to you get away from this person its a sign of disrespect and abuse
marthapreston4 chapter 1 . 9/7
UM the subtle you brushed be date raped is very disturbing the fact that she went with it and didnt say a damn thing makes me not want to read this anymore I feel like i need a shower and not in a good way
thena-ditey chapter 4 . 10/10/2011
Good story. A little too close to home. Thanks for being true to the emotions.
Darcy Foster chapter 4 . 7/17/2011
Loved it-protective Marshall-tooo sexy-darce
ChibiBeth18 chapter 4 . 5/25/2011
Perfect. Just awesome. Why, oh why can't we all have a Marshall like that for our very own? While I love the Mary/Marshall bits to pieces, I think the part that got me the most was Marshall telling Brandi to go back to bed. It's like. . . I dunno. Even though he's a royally pissed off bad-ass lawman who has an axe to grind with Raph, he is still a fundamentally sweet and caring person. And now here's me wishing there was more interaction between Marshall and Brandi. . . Anywho, thanks. It was brilliant.
Grey Fool chapter 4 . 5/4/2011
Great story
Grey Fool chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Great story
Miss Debs chapter 4 . 2/13/2011
Amazing! Not a single word to describe it beyond amazing!
Wolf9lucky chapter 4 . 10/5/2010
Rockin good sorry! I wish you had kept going though...
ScarletCourt chapter 4 . 8/8/2010
Raph is a real rat bastard in this story, though you have mentioned that you do like to bash Raph in your stories and you did. :) If I were Mary, I would have toss him out way earlier than this. The not listening about fixing the house would have been enough. The non-consensual sex would have had Raph charged! It's not like Mary and Raph are married and hence would require an annulment or a divorce. They are only engaged. She should n kicked his ass to the curb when he said that "it's my house, too." If Mary told Raph no, when he insisted, then it's not his "house, too."

I have to say that in S1, we don't see enough Mary/Raph interaction to be able to consider them to be a couple in love to the point where Raph proposes. Can't comment on S2 since I haven't seen any of it.

I found the Mary here a little inconsistent with the Mary in Quips and Salsa. Perhaps because of the timeline. I found the Mary here a little less take charge, in control, ass-kicking US Marshal we know her to be. Maybe it's because she lets Raph get away with things even after he doesn't abide by her wishes. Maybe it's because she lets Marshal do the booting of Raph out. But she doesn't seem to be able to control the situation like she normally does.

An emotionally taut story nonetheless. :)

On to the next story. :)
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 4 . 7/18/2010
Marshall. Is. Perfect.

I want a Marshal Marshall of my very own, protective, stealthy, healing keeper that he is.

Too bad Raph didn't test him. A reason would have been enjoyable to witness.

Good job!
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 3 . 7/18/2010
I meant to say it before - she should have stayed at Marshall's after it happened the first time after she'd told him not to do it. Now, it is undeniably rape, regardless, and she should know and acknowledge that. I understand to a point why she's putting up with it, but really, I'd have expected her to shoot him by now. I would have.

And Marshall... I'm soooo waiting for him to beat the living hell out of Raph. Would pay to see that, I would.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 2 . 7/18/2010
Cheers for protective!Marshall! Love it when he gets pissed on her behalf and wants to correct the problem(s) himself.

Raph... my word, he's OCD and apparently a bit deficit in the hearing and comprehension department. I know his English isn't perfect, but "no" is pretty well understood in all languages (not to mention it is the same word in Spanish, but I digress). Personally, I'd have hauled/kicked his Dominican ass out of that house the first time he did after she told him no and he promised not to do it. Forget marriage; there's no trusting him, full stop.

Partly, I think she feared admitting the truth to Marshall, amongst other things, because she knew he'd be so very pissed, and would be seriously kicking Raph's ass. Or shooting him. Whichever tickled his fancy at the moment.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Yes, you've really made Raph into an ass. Not that you also didn't bring up some serious legitimate faults with his and Mary's relationship, though. You've enhanced his problems and issues, but they are genuine ones that he has in canon. This just slams into home the reason those two could never have made it together. They are so very different in philosophy. He's all machisimo, and she needs to feel in control of her life. The traditional Latin culture is *not* for Mary. However, a certain lapsed Catholic (I swear he is; everything points to it) one with a curiosity and respect for variety in the world, may well just be...

Okay, as to other things: poor Stan. He should ground them, make them pay restitution, and then go have a drink. With Bobby and Eleanor.

And the sex while she's sleeping? Seriously Raph, that is sooooo not right. *beats him with a big stick*
siapom chapter 4 . 6/16/2010
Wow. That is just...powerful. From beginning to end. That someone could think that Raph's actions are okay astounds me. And this coming from a person who has been in Marshall's position of friend and confidant to a loved one that was going through something much like this. It never makes sense, and good god it hurts to watch that person try to make herself believe with her heart that it isn't her fault or that she isn't lacking because she didn't do more to make it all stop sooner. The way you wrote it was so very real. And, on a fannish note, so very in character.