Reviews for The Silence
JediMagnet09 chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Brilliant! I like it when we have some nice, caring John. Gives me a little hope, you know? Some of these stories can be so dark and depressing, it's nice to have the angst and worry and freaking out and limp-ness, but still have the happy and fun too. Great job! :)
JakeFL chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Of course, my wife's reaction to this story was just "AWE!" Me? I though it was cute, and I don't usually use that word so that's high praise from me, dude.

BTW, I have a question I'm hoping you can help me out with. Your stories usually have breaks between the scenes, but seems to be removing them on it's own and now it's happening to mine. Did you ever figure out how to stop that from happening because I'm just about ready to kill them. My story just doesn't look right without the scene changes.
Yellowbulma chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Great work, I loved how you wrote John. )
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
I enjoyed very much!

You painted a beautiful story of family and brotherly love.

Thank you!

Karen
AsianTwinkiesFTW chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
SQUEE WINCHESTER FAMILY MOMENT.

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now.
criminally charmed chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Well, once in a while, John had to be a loving father. Why else would his sons have mourned him so deeply when he died? There was a deep base of love all that family agnst and conflict was based in.
hpsupernaturalfan chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
I liked it. I don't think John was that much OOC. I actually believed that even though John was a hard ex-marine and newly determined hunter who trained his boys to be hunters, I think he did try to make an effort to just spend time with his boys like any normal father would. He did love them afterall. I had always thought that sometimes he did allow the boys to just be kids every once in a while.
Dassy1407 chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
I loved that! ) It was so cute! And yeah John may have seemed OOC but we never know if John had any moments like that... haha yeah right. But that was cute and you're right, its had a perfect mixture of everything! )

Miss Dassy
lelann37 chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
fun story! thanks for sharing
UpstairsMind chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
Loved it, so cute. 3
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
fantastic
Madebyme chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
This was a sweet fic, with plenty of drama and cute family moments - a total pleasure to read!

The brotherly interaction between Sam and Dean was spot on. Dean's anger and frustration at Sam's inquisitive nature was very believable, young kids do that, I know I have sure had some whoppers with my younger brother! But also they're family and if you can't do this with family than who can you! Plus they live in small confined quarters all the time, it‘s bound to happen.

Sam's quick forgiveness, Dean and John's worry when he was missing and cold, the snowman and snowball fight were all lovely and they put a huge smile on my face! I don't think your John was OCC, I like to think that he wasn't a drill sergeant all the time and that he was around. We know that he loved his sons, that they loved him so it can't have been all bad all of the time - in my mind anyway!

Great little happy fic! I very much enjoyed. Thanks for sharing, take care, Abbi.x
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Thanks for the smile.

I like how you wrote everyone in this story.

I could see Dean getting frustrated with Sam, that is normal sibling behavior, but also did love how he felt sorry soon after.

Love how you wrote John, how he was taking a break from hunting to spend time with his boys.

Of course the ending, Dean and Sam building a snowman and than attacking their father in a snowball fight.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
DontKnowMyName chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Dang you are on a roll with all these stories and I can hardly keep up but I love it! I absolutely adored this story. I stories of the boys at this age. I'm such a sucker for an adorable weechester and adding the good side of John just makes it perfect! So wonderful )
carocali chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
I think this is lovely! The boys fighting and getting mad at each other is very true of young children. I'd feel confident saying that Dean didn't fawn all over Sam all the time. The few times we've seen them as kids, he was a big brother - he got mad at Sam, was annoyed by him. That's normal. And that's what makes this so great!

I like John in a fun parental role, so no complaints from me!

Thanks for sharing!