Reviews for The Silence
TraSan chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
I don't think John was OOC. We really don't know much about his character other than how his boys feel about him. They both obviously loved him. That was very clear on the show. They both respected him (all the yes sirs and no sirs from both of them).

I have to think to get that kind of respect from them he had to be there (not always absent), and he had to be loving and not just the drill sargeant. I think that happened more as the boys grew older. Just my opinion though.

Loved this, girl! Cold!Sammy, guilty but ultimately awesome big bro!Dean, a strong but loving John, peril and family play. I thought the mix was great and I enjoyed the whole thing.

Congratulations on a another fic well done.
ILoveSupernatural chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Aww that was just adorable. OOh this fic made me all nostalgic. I remember when my younger cousin brother was like that. Always with the silly questions. (He loved to annoy me. One of his questions - What if we take you for a drive and leave you in the middle of nowhere without any money?) Ah good times. *sniff sniff*

Ok I'm done rambling now. Back to my review. Like I said it was just too adorable. I won't say John was OOC. I'm glad we got to see this side of John.

Great fic babes. Loved it. Take Care.

Love

Anu
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
I totally love the way you wrote John in this one. This is exactly how I wanted to see him with his boys when they were young. I felt so bad for little Sammy when Dean hollered at him, knowing he would take it to heart! But at least they found the little tyke and got him back to camp so they could warm him up.

The ending couldn't have been better than to have a snowball fight (and how I remember those) and both the boys throwing them at John!
blue peanut m and m chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Hey Skags,

Thank you so much for the story, it was a truly brilliant birthday gift.

Hurt Sam, guilty Dean, a loving John, and some brotherly fluff, what more could a girl ask for. I especially loved the silent words the Sam and Dean threw at each other before they attacked their Dad, proving that they were once again brothers.

Thanks again and I'll be watching out for new work from you,

Gill x
Miko Jasmine chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Poor little Sammy! I don't care if John is out of character either! Just an awesomely cute story! Couldn't keep the goofy grin off my face at the end. *g*
Bunny1 chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
LOL, I don't think he does seem OOC... I think that growing up there HAD to have been times he wasn't all drill-seargent, and it was established in one episode that he didn't hit them. (Season One.) He might have been clueless, and driven... but I think that- especially when they were little- he was still doing the best he could as a father, given the bizarre-assed circumstances, even if he was a stubborn ass.
LaylaBinx chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Haha, aww! This was too cute! :D I loved Big Brother!Dean and Fatherly!John; it was awesome! Great job my dear! :D
ritsam chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
So cute little story, like , little Sammy is just so cute and boy, he is wise. Dean was being real jerk but we can't really blame him, after all he's only 11 year ol' himself. So sweet, love it.

Ritu.