Reviews for It Runs Through The Family
Anon chapter 12 . 11/27/2010
I have a feeling this may be better classified as a "Lily Luna P & OC" story than a "Harry & Dudley" story. Not 100% sure yet though. Will keep reading. So far so good.
Blik chapter 34 . 11/23/2010
Hey, I won't say that Jessica isn't sharp as a tack, because she is, but I hardly think she's a Mary Sue. She's just confused and is putting these things together for the first time.

You don't need to be so hard on yourself - one reviewer's opinion does not objective truth make.
MyFantasySoul chapter 34 . 11/16/2010
What is a Mary-Sue?
Guest chapter 34 . 11/15/2010
Oh for heavens sake you can't leave it there! Its just getting interesting. I have to read the dursley reaction when she tells them the whole story!
lyaser53 chapter 34 . 11/14/2010
CoryAvellana chapter 34 . 11/7/2010
Noooo! I was up until around 3 in the morning trying to finish your story - I get up hoping to finish it off and this is what I get? Oh the horror! Hahaha - it's such a good story :)

Please update soon, or I might just go insane... okay insane-er.

Zakuro

P.S Sherlock was amazing! No wonder you got addicted - I did too :)
musicdiva37 chapter 34 . 11/1/2010
not that im actually sure what a mary-sue is but i think jessica's character is just right for what your trying to do with the story. you need someone who has no idea what went on to finish it off although i think it would work better if dudley was there to here as well.
Phoenix Lee Evyns chapter 34 . 10/28/2010
understandable, I eagerly await the stories return. This story as become very interesting to read and while there have been times when I considered not reading it anymore, something about it kept me going.

Good luck in your meditations and everything concerning the story.
Crescent Beam Shower chapter 34 . 10/27/2010
What the hell? She's not a Mary Sue.
FriendofMolly chapter 34 . 10/26/2010
Robyn,

I'll be waiting.

FoM
Persidie chapter 34 . 10/26/2010
She is not a mary-sue. Just a plain Jane at times. she's not like that. maybe they don't see her the way I do. She's a bit of a plot device though. But what characters don't do that at times. you should wait for more people saying she's Mary-sue before you let it bother you.
Anonymous chapter 34 . 10/25/2010
I don't think she's a Mary Sue. I think she's just a nice, eleven-year-old girl. Just don't make her fantastic in all the school courses (even Hermione was a bit faulty in DAtDA), and you're good.
DukeBrymin chapter 34 . 10/25/2010
So, I think that reviews are good, as they help us thing more about our work. But if we all jump to answer any criticism the reviewer has, then we're demonstrating a lack of faith in our own abilities. If a reviewer tells you something, you owe it to yourself to take a look at your work, and then DECIDE FOR YOURSELF if their criticism is valid.

Now, if you honestly looked back at Jessica's character, and decided that she really is becoming Jessica-Sue, then by all means, fix it. But if you look at her and decide that she's really doing fine, then don't let one review out of (currently) 381 force you to change your plans.

That being said, I think this chapter lacked plot. . . :)
MadameCissy chapter 14 . 10/25/2010
I have enjoyed what I have read so far. You are creative and you have shown some skill for creating a nice plot. (I have scrolled throuugh some of the other chapters and read your note. Personally I think you have done a good job and to me she doesnt seem like a Mary-Sue but I understand your decision). It is a tough story to write but you have done a good job.
MadameCissy chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
You have just answered my question "What happens to Dudley" and I am glad you did. you have opened this can of worms and now I need to go and read this some more.

I love your characterisation. It is well done, very much true to original nature and you have left room for growth and developtment. Love the original characters and am curious on what journey you will take them.
424 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »