Reviews for Whistle
Lilly flower forever chapter 1 . 3/11
aww... this was soooo sad!
i always cry when i read about zach dying... :(
i wish he didn't have to die!
poor zach...
great job on this, i loved it!
grace chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
That review was absolutely beautiful you are an amazing writer and I would picture this being in the actual book.
Lily chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Beautiful! Ugh I'm crying now!
truthsetfree chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
You captured the action quite well in this. His fear is palpable. Excellent writing.

If it were my own piece, I would play with "It fell almost directly on top of him, he didn't stand a chance, his body was practically torn apart by the blast. His last thoughts were of the people who loved him, but they only lasted a fraction of a second. Death didn't take long to engulf him and soon, it was quiet," a little bit more.

The rest of this is just so descriptive, so specific, so in the moment, I just feel like this would be stronger if you worked on those lines. Perhaps get more graphic on the effect of the blast on his body, and maybe flash to a couple of specific images/memories of the people who loved him.
russian winters chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
That part always crushed me - the news of Zach's death, I mean.

Well written, though, I wished it was a bit longer. The descriptions were nice.
Indigo Fate chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
I cried when it said Zach had died in the actual book. How do you think I felt then! It was a really good part that sounds like Michelle Magorian wrote it herself!
Fiona chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
i've read the book about a billion times and also cry every time Zach's death comes up. I've always wondered how he died but I never wanted to think too much of it. Now you have put into words what my brain refused to comprehend. Thanks
Mary-Rose chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
This was reeeally good. I love goodnight MR Tom and I was expecting this to be really sad but now I'm happy to know what really happened. I just want to know where his mum went
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Sad and well written. Keep writing
Macabre-Melody chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
short, but i guess it would have happened pretty quickly. good job :)
accioeffy chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
wow, the effects you used created such imagery. i absolutle loved it. ten out of ten :)
Zoe Nightshade chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
More description and emotion.