Reviews for Her Last First Kiss
Romi193 chapter 1 . 3/25
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Lois, my poor baby! I feel her pain :( thanks for this story
seekerchasing chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Lovely and so good. So very Lois, as well! Excellent job
cathy03 chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
This was absolutely beautiful

Loved how you express her feeling and insecurities about her relationship with Clark. Because of the whole Clana drama it's perfectly natural that Lois felt second best... and then someone new shows up - even for a brief moment - and the underdog syndrome strikes again.

You put it all perfectly and totally on character for Lois. Congratulations
FWvidChick chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Very well written and enjoyable oneshot. I love offscreenville stories and this filled in the gap nicely. A little sad but I can picture it being this way just as much as just being awkward.

Thanks.
BrenRenQoI chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
*Stunned.*

Wow. That was just... breath-taking. Even my fingers are too stunned to write right, and my poor brain is fumbling for words. Wow.

I'll start with yours...

"Hell, Cat practically had multi-colored unicorn beams shining out of her ass."

God, I almost fell off of my couch-no easy task in this monstrous lounger! There's just too many levels of funny in that simple little sentence, making it an outstanding gem of Clois writing!

"Her voice trembled a little on the last part as she held up the advertisement for him to see. His eyes dropped to the poster in her hand, and so she continued..."

Your build-up to this was tremendous, and I don't think I fully appreciated Lois's anguish in this scene until I read this story. I'd always noted that little catch in her voice in the scene, and now its meaning is so clear. I thank you for this, and know I'll always be thinking of this story-no, this work of beauty and art, every time I watch this scene from now on. In fact, it's probably safe to say that this little piece has permanently, irrevocably, and wonderfully colored my appreciation of Lois Lane and the entire Clois-romance, and absolutely for the better!

"It was their first kiss, the last first kiss she ever wanted to have."

Perfect. Simply perfect.

"Then he kissed her again, and Lois couldn't take it anymore. She opened her eyes and looked at him as he pressed his lips against hers once more. She just couldn't believe that it was really happening, that this wasn't yet another dream..."

I saw that! She peeked! She always peeks! Hey, this is the girl who used to sneak out on Christmas Eve to unwrap all her presents and re-wrap them before her parents got up. She's a born peeker!

"She wanted to memorize every second of it, engrave the feel of his lips, the taste of his kiss, against her memory. She wanted to remember every second, to pull it out and savor the memory during the long nights ahead, when there was nothing but her thoughts, her broken heart, and a pint of rocky road ice cream to look forward to."

*This* is absolutely quintessential Lois, and you positively nailed it! Seriously, this is so deadly-accurate I will never need to read another story anything like it. This is absolutely *the* definitive companion-story for the scene as well as the perfect after-the-black tag for the episode. Again, thank you!

"Then his lips quirked up into a slight smile, and she found herself unconsciously mirroring him. But she still couldn't speak. She didn't know what to say. And she couldn't bear this silence."

So perfectly in-character, with both of them! Gah, now I'm just gushing!

""No, you didn't," she murmured. But I'm afraid that you're about to. Those words remained unsaid."

So perfect I really could hear Erica's voice delivering the lines, and all to easily picture the depth and range of feeling in her expression. Nicely evoked!

"In her life, Lois had heard endless stories about the beauty and power of love. It was supposed to be the most wonderful thing in the world. But as she stood and stared up at Clark with her hand pressed against her chest and her breath caught in her throat, she realized that love wasn't like that at all. It was horrible. It was perhaps the most terrible feeling in the world, this pain in her chest that came from loving him, from wanting him so much. Standing her like this, so unsure of herself. Unsure of what Clark felt for her. A thousand questions racing through her mind. Her heart tearing in two with every moment she spent in his company."

If this were actually playing out on-screen (which I could envision so clearly), the song "Hallelujah"-the version used in Shrek-would be the underscore here. Particularly the verse with the lines

Maybe I've been here before

I know this room, I've walked this floor

I used to live alone before I knew you...

I've seen your flag on the marble arch

And love is not a victory march!

It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah...

I'm telling you, I heard it loud and clear! In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that there's something actually quite... musical about your writing in this story. The way it moves and flows, the way it conveys emotions with an indirect approach that pulls you in and makes the feelings yours as much as the character's. I'll probably have this memorized from re-readings in the very near future, I'm that captivated! :D

After reading through your bio, I wasn't at all surprised, though sometimes amused, and often heart-warmed by the many little nods to the best CLOIS before Smallville, LnC, strewn throughout the piece. You've done a very deft job weaving some of the best moments, lines, even concepts, from LnC into the Smallville universe (Multi-verse? lol :D) with a skill I admire, and maybe envy just a little. I am very much looking forward to reading through more of your work, especially your "That Old Gang Of Mine"-inspired story. This was definitely an awesome introductory piece for me to discover your writing through, and while I may be a "new" fan to your work, be assured that I am definitely a *Huge* fan-A SuperFan, even!

One more time, I thank you kindly for sharing this story and your talent with us fellow fans out here in the brave virtual world. This is the kind of stuff that Fanfiction was made for!
mammothluv chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
I absolutely love this! I've wished we'd seen more of the aftermath of that kiss and I think you've captured it perfectly as well as the reasons Lois needed to run away for a while after.
jade2nightwing chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
maybe you should write one that takes place when they become a couple
StarryDreamer01 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Wow. What a devastatingly awesome story. I loved your references to the pain of being in love. You completely captured what surely happened in those moments before, during and after THE KISS. Thank you for putting to words the beautiful imagery we experienced in "Crossfire".
kellicb chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
I can picture it happening just that way. Thanks for filling in the blanks. LOL
FanofTom aka Vera chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Jade,

I really enjoyed your story _

You nailed it.

You managed to give a reasonable explanation to what I didn't get by watching the episodes on television. I never understood how they could have left everything so unresolved as Smallville presented.

I understand your mixed feelings though. At the end the situation is unresolved whereas, when you have the opportunity to get the attention from your dream man, you must try to hold on to that moment and really try your best to make something more out of it. How can Lois let him go, how can Clark not try to get some reaction/explanation out of Lois. He who cares so much, he who is so emphatic.

And you root for them you want them to make it, to start a real relationship but you know that is is too early for Smallville, for the mythos and you know the story does not have a happy ending ... yet ...

I really like your version, and it could fit right in with the continuing story of our beloved Smallville.

I rate this 10 Tom Welling kisses out of 10 !
Loges chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Jade, your never stories never fail to impress.

I thought that it was a beautiful and well crafted story.

I hope you have a follow up for this chapter as it has left me wanting more.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write.
lyin chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
nice job with the kiss aftermath! Clark's "I didn't hurt you, did I?" line is great and so in-character, and a great set-up for Lois getting out of there this fit them, perfectly. great work and thanks for the read! :)
Sunshine and Chocolate chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
This was bittersweet and so perfectly Lois! I think you totally captured what she was thinking before, during, and after the kiss! Great job!
Dannie Tomlinson chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Omg! Perfect Lois! I bow before your perfection! Please write more!
Jed52 chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
I absolutely loved it! I like how the story captured Lois completely, it was the right dose of emotion and description :) Very well written and on my favs! :)

Btw, I like the title of the story-right on spot! :)