Reviews for With a Twist
Sepsis chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
Great! :)
Tomas the Betrayer chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
We've been prowling around this story for a while now, bringing it up whenever we want a bit of naughty titilation. My thanks for writing about their shameful tryst! Good thing Tomas looked here and not in the FF7 area.

There's just something irresistible about this pairing. Maybe it's the height difference, because I can just see Yuffie glaring up at him with her pouty little face, and Sephiroth gazing back down with amusement in his eyes. That lone black wing wrapping covetously around her trembling body is also worth the price of admission. And how come Vincent never showed up in Kingdom Hearts anyway? He would have been a great character to have at your back. Still, wasn't Sephiroth the son of Hojo, the so-called 'walking mass of complexes'? Eh, so many theories surrounding the old game, at least in KH we could enjoy them anew.

Valentine's Ninja, you deserve praise for developing Yuffie as a woman, for emphasizing Sephiroth's appeal, and for including the Pixie Trio! Whatever strikes your fancy now, may it serve to bring you joy. Pleasant dreams.
Digi the Wolfdog chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Wow... I really find this pairing... odd... but this story was just... wow... Gawd! Sephiroth is sooo SEXY! *glomps Sephiroth*
AmbivalentAngyl chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
This type of fic is rare. Yuffie and Sephiroth rarely cross paths in the fanfic world. It was different and unique kudos.
tinkerheck chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
You DID imply it... cuz I was thinking it before I even got to your next A/N. I don't support the idea either, but this is a different reality, so... Imagine another chapter - her going back to him yet again, and ops, somebody's there, and 'oh hey, meet my old man, Yuffie', and... Oh Dear, look who that IS... *smirk*
S.Zix chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
First, so excited to see you doing something different! Yay for branching out. Not that I don't like your normal stuff, but it's awesome to see you challenge yourself.

As far as complaints go, I only have two (and they're mainly suggestions for if you write something more like this).

One is the lack of Yuffie-ness. She seems rather despondent here, and I get that the tone of the piece is melancholy, but if you want it to fit into the game (her having memories of FFVII), then I imagine she'd be a little less droll and vulnerable girl and a little more take charge. Perhaps she could argue a little more forcefully with Sephiroth before giving in? You mentioned that she originally came to him to taunt him. More that speed is kind of what I would expect from her. I can see her craving something to fill a void, but not being a total limp daisy. Just saying that Yuffie can be down and still Yuffie.

Second comment. You seemed to really want to have some good side to Sephiroth here. You wanted to justify Yuffie seeing him (kind of like Yuffie herself). I don't see that being necessary. I suppose that you could maybe argue its possibility, but I felt like you just threw it in purely for the sake of making sure Yuffie didn't get put with an all around bad guy. I'd be interested in reading a fic where it's an abuse-abuse relationship between these two. She's using him, and he's an asshole. He's still like Vincent in his strong silent mysteriousness, but he's ultimately an asshole. Just a thought. If, on the other hand, you really did want to make something about the possible softer side of Sephiroth, I see that being a much harder and more-involved project that could easily go wrong. Still, with work, you could probably pull it off. It would just have to be less Yuffie-centric, I think, to be totally convincing.

STILL, there were so many cool things going on with this piece. I liked the constant inundation with the 'not Vincent, not Vincent, not Vincent' and suddenly 'you remind me of someone.' I like how Sephiroth is still an arrogant jerk. I liked how Yuffie kept wanting to avoid having her friends see her with the extra implication that, by trying to extricate Vincent from this, she also does not want him to know. She is also trying to hide herself from it.

I like how Sephiroth is still calculating extra advantages of doing this (as his sexuality is nearly nonexistent in all of the games he's in, so I can't see him having sex for the sake of sex).

I love the images with the sword, the wing, the flat planes. It leaves them completely open to all of their ugliness with the austerity of the scenery and the implied baseness of their behavior.

Seriously, you might not do something like this ever again, but you did it well and so you should consider doing more new stuff! I'm loving these Spring Kink prompts of yours.
MsRainey chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
*kicks you in the shin*

Despite that tidbit of implication, this story was surprisingly insanely addictive. You captured the characters both really well and I am pleasantly surprised to say I enjoyed this odd pairing. It may be your rad writing skills, though, Jo :D I hope you continue with this soon! I'm very interested :) Amazing, dude.

Tori
Breanna chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Whoa... This Story was beyond good, its brillant and, something new. Oh and heads up. Vincent is not sephiroths real father, That Old hag hojo is.
always-kh chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
nice fic. i like their thoughts and all. and how they remember some things.
TheaBlackthorn chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
Another great story - I'm not a fan of the pairing but it was written really well. Great job sweet.
NinjaSheik chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
AWESOME~! BELIEVE IT~! UPDATE SOON~!

P.S: Normally, I don't go with this kind of pairing, but I love your work~!
serenbach chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
I always enjoy sort of dark fariytales and I particualry enjoyed this one. Yuffie/Seph isn't a pairing I've cared about before but I enjoyed this one because it *wasn't* romantic, exactly, they were seeking comfort from each other. It's more complicated than love and that's much more interesting. I liked that Seph wanted to be the one to tell Cloud, that made me laugh.

You left a sentence unfinished when Yuffie's talking to the fairies but other than that, this was a great read. I hope you do more KH stuff! :)
shinobinaraku chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Sephiroth's Vincent's son? I thought he was Hojo's, but I never really wanted to aacept that fact.

I LOVED IT! I kept thinking that Sephiroth should be at least a bit disgruntled at the fact Yuffie was comparing him to someone else though. But she'll keep on going back! X3

Yay for awesome authors like you!
Aveira chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
I liked it! They certainly do make an odd couple, though. I think you did a great job, and it was kind of sad that she remembered Vincent. I don't see how it was implied, unless her saying he reminded her of someone was it. He does seem a little like Vince. He's quiet, broody, he's just not punishing himself...he punishes Cloud ;D.