Reviews for Dear Sam
sheila.jordan.3348 chapter 2 . 6/25/2013
So sweet. Thank you. I loved the story.
ccase13 chapter 2 . 10/29/2011
Dean always tries to do whatever Sammy needs. Writing letters is especially hard for super macho Dean.
LittleLurker chapter 2 . 6/24/2010
Loved Dean's letter (even though at first I had no idea in what time/season it was set, but the second chapter clarified this nicely ;)), Bobby's reaction to Dean's phone call was priceless and also how Dean managed to "spirit the letter upstairs" while Bobby distracted Sam with getting the rolling pin down...

Loved this:

[...]like it was just any other time we were here and nothing out of the ordinary had gone on. Like me pinning my soul to his pillow.

And, of course, the humour you dispersed throughout the story, especially Dean's reaction to Bobby owning a rolling pin and then Bobby's glare that "should've cracked glass".

The end was lovely and very fitting, too!

"No…" Sam looked up at me then, made eye contact, actual look-me-in-the-eye-for-longer-than-a-split-second eye contact . "Think I'll just stay here."

I decided he could keep the letter.

Thanks again!

Daniela
ziggy.uk chapter 2 . 4/16/2010
Great second chapter from Dean's POV and it explained a few things - that Dean had mailed the letter to Bobby's but had to put it on Sam's bed himself because of Bobby in the wheelchair. Loved how Bobby kept Sam in the kitchen getting a rolling pin whilst Dean took said letter upstairs and also loved Dean deciding to let Sam keep the letter later down in the kitchen.

Good job.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
At first I thought this letter was mailed to Sam whilst at Stanford but liked the twist that it wasn't and that Dean hadn't mailed it at all! Could understand him writing a letter as he's not that comfortable with verbalising sharing and caring moments - and telling Sam to salt and burn it afterwards. And loved the fact that Sam reread it half a dozen times before heading downstairs.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 2 . 1/14/2010
Sweet All I can say is that... Really sweet

Kisses and see ya

Rosetta
snsw25kr14 chapter 2 . 11/29/2009
Aw...this was a sweet added chapter. :)

The idea that, that is how Sam got the letter made me all warm and fuzzy inside. -squee-

The ending warmed my heart, it really did. So glad Dean is gonna let Sam keep the letter, he's such a good brother. Tehe.

Great work hun, throughly enjoyable.

Love,

Kaylee
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
I thought this was sweet, I always wanted the show to point out that although Sam had left for college under bad circumstances he still kept in touch somewhat with Dean. I hope there's more to come, Nicole.
OcherMe chapter 2 . 11/25/2009
Awe...I loved this. A lot. We need more of this brotherly-ness in the show. I really want to know what Dean wrote to Sam. Favorite!
Visionairy chapter 2 . 11/25/2009
This was a wonderful chapter - and a great addition to a very sweet story. I really enjoyed the read! I liked Bobby's skepticism - wondering if Dean was going to run, but I particularly liked Dean's explanation, “What? No. What are you – crazy? He’d think I was dying. He’s gonna think that anyway, just getting the letter. And anyway -.” I could see Sam through the window, out of the shower and dressed, packing up his clothes and computer. “ – he probably wouldn’t listen long enough to let me say it. Even if I could say it.”

Great story for Thanksgiving! Thanks!
jensengirl4eva chapter 2 . 11/25/2009
Aw what a great ending you know i so love the brotherly moments. Bravo Clair...
Meggin Lane chapter 2 . 11/25/2009
Love a panicky Dean, especially when it's over some for-stalling of an EMO moment (LOL)

And I think you got the banter between Dean and Bobby right too. It felt so good, almost cleansing to have them engaged in close quarters fussing at each other over something as mundane as cooking instead of the tight situations they usually find themselves in.

And I really didn't want Dean to burn the letter anyway. I'm glad you resolved it the way you did, by having just a look from Sam being enough for him to decide it was ok for Sam to keep it.
Hawk50 chapter 2 . 11/25/2009
What a great read! Something like this should happen in the show - I really want those two to mend fences or whatever it would take to get them back to the same page.

Your Bobby-voice was *spot-on*! I could just hear the "as soon as I install my elevator" line and the whole dialogue in the kitchen with the rolling pin.

Thanks for this. There are enough dark stories out there. They're good in their own right, but I needed something lighter. This was it! Thanks for sharing.
angeleyenc chapter 2 . 11/25/2009
aww! i loved it!
QuierdoMusic chapter 2 . 11/25/2009
I'm glad that Sammy is allowed to keep the letter.

loved it...