Reviews for Dear Sam
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Nice trick.

I almost didn't read this as it sounded like Sam at Stanford, but gave it a chance anyway. I'm glad I did, but you still made me tear up, so nice job with the emotional hits.

I love how Dean put all the stamps on the envelope just like he had mailed it to his brother and could see him writing a letter, because we know it's hard for Dean to say the words.

I liked the ending, Dean downstairs with Bobby and Sam choosing to head to the kitchen to be with his brother.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
tresta chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
So awesome! At first you think it's a "Sammy's in college" letter, then you realize that it's from the current season. I had to read it twice to get that Dean was just downstairs... but he wrote sam a letter because it was the only way he could say some of the things he needed to say.

I know I have written at least one letter to someone when I didn't think I could communicate my feelings any other way. So this is a really truthful portrait and I love it.
jade02 chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Well. You did it again. I thought for sure this was going to be a Stanford letter, but no. This is so much better.

I really just want SamNDean back. Thank you for giving me that and for letting me think - even for just 630 words that the boys want it too.
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Teehee. I knew Sam wouldn't burn it. But what led up to this? At first, I thought Sam was at Stanford? Nice work, but, methinks this one needs a prequel...
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Wow. I love the misdirect here. You totally had me and I had to go back and reread. I adore this and it is just the thing that could totally be happening in the silence between them in the show that neither of them ever mentions. I am willing to believe. I saw this story in my inbox and got a little giddy. I have a few more papers to score and then I have some anticipated reading waiting for me!
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Aw, now that was freakin' adorable! I can't believe Dean wrote a letter, and left it with Sam while still in the house. So awesome! Nice job on this!
494dwangel chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
aw...dean is a closet chick-flick fan... ;)
CiZiwejes chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
You tricked me into believing Sam and Dean was still parting from each other, LOL. By the way, that's very sweet. Very un-Dean but people did things out of normal when they're desperate and I guess Dean was missing Sam very much. Who knows he might have written Sam a letter during the show, hehe. I just loved how you ended the letter with the p/s. That's totally Dean, LOL. And of course I love how this great fic ends *sniffles* cookies for ya!

Great job, as always.
Sotobow chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
So, wait, is this in the 5th season? It seemed like it was Stanford era, but if they're at Bobby's and Dean's there, then that's a negatory on Stanford.

And if Dean IS there, why did he MAIL Sam a letter? And why did he write it? And when did he write it?

I feel like I shouldn't be this confused, but I just took a HUGE test and my brains feel like rice pudding. Not even the good kind.

It's sad and sweet and pretty awesome overall. I really enjoyed it, even with my inexplicable confusion. :)
sergeantmicky chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Aw, sweet. That was a nice twist to the ending - first I thought Sam was at Stanford, then when I read the bit about "i haven't exactly been on your side", I thought maybe it was in an AU when the boys split up after Ruby... but was then pleasantly surprised to find out it was from Sam's days at Stanford... and that Dean was right downstairs. *sighs happily*. Really good.
snsw25kr14 chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Wow, great work. This oneshot was so sweet and too the point. Dean's love for Sam, is shown very strongly in this letter, even though in the real world we rarely see it expressed.

The ending surprised me. I like an ending that isn't predicatble, so thank you for that. The idea that Sammy kept the letter, even though Dean told him to throw it away, made me smile. I needed a good smile today. : )

sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
That waas awesome. Loved the way Dean put his thoughts into a letter...and that Sammy kept it from his Stanford years!
QuierdoMusic chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
That was awesome! I just loved that...

And I know there’s no bandaid big enough for everything now, but I swear if a kiss & a hug was all it took to make your life OK again, I would.

SO nice :)

and the end was surprising... Dean's here...

I really thought Sam would be in Stanford..

jayhaytch chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Arr like this, Dean is so sweet! And I guess you can't say that every day, especially not infront of him! Like it, nice, well done. :D
OcherMe chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
awe...loved it! I love me some brotherly shmoop :)
45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3