Reviews for Meet The Cabots
Chely99 chapter 6 . 12/25/2015
So, I read on after my last review and I have to stop reading this story. As I said before, it takes courage to post a story, but with ousting, you have to take the good with the bad. This story started out interesting and then turned into an over-the-top 3 ring circus. After chapter 5, I truly believe that Alex and Olivia's relationship is it repairable. No one could talk to one another that way and still respect them or be respected. This is not true to Olivia and Alex's characters. I tried to like it, but I can't. I am sorry if this hurts you as a person. Good luck!
Guest chapter 4 . 12/25/2015
First of all, thank you for writing and sharing-that takes courage. Reviews are for the writing, not you personally, so with that said . . . When I first began reading, I enjoyed this take. However, Lila is over-the-top and Alex is irritating as she is allowing her mother to speak to Olivia in such a horrendous way. I do have to agree with the reviewer who said the way the characters are written are not true to form. A little goes a long way. Hoping as I continue to read that Lila tones it down a bit; Alex gets a backbone; and Olivia regains some of the class and sophistication that the character truly is.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/6/2015
This is by far one of the best stories I have ever read! I have laughed so hard, and can't wait to continue to read and see what happens! Thank you for writing this and sharing it! It is by far my most favorite story I have read to date :D
iHATEamarorollins chapter 7 . 9/30/2014
Great
babygirlbeej chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
This is my first time reviewing one of your stories. Let me apologize up front for laying this on you, as you're not the only writer that has done it. Why is it that everybody thinks its OK for Eliot to but in and talk to Alex all crazy? He's out of order and just once I'd like to see Olivia tell him this using very strong adult words, and maybe even a punch in the mouth! Alex, should also tell his ass to get out, and stayout of her damn business, and not just take his shit!
WhenAnxietyKicksIn chapter 5 . 11/29/2011
I wanted to slap Alex and her mother with passion. Her mother is the most irritating person alive and I can only give a thumbs up when Olivia finally left.

And this might not be relevant but I'm listening to wondergirl's Be My Baby while reading this chapter and thought it was so good while reading your fic.
Zomirthrian chapter 10 . 10/23/2011
I got through this first series and I had to stop. You've taken Olivia and completely written her out of character. She would NEVER allow Alex to walk all over her. And Alex is COMPLETELY out of character too. She's a LAWYER. Her entire life revolves around moral and legal ethics and upholding them to the highest standards. Sure she might lie once, but not again and again. She would eventually have told her mother to shove it.

I was able to get through the first story because I thought Alex would learn from her mistakes. But when she started lying again in the second installment I stopped. I would suggest watching the Law and Order SVU series and brushing up on the character's backgrounds and personalities. Then go back and fix all of the character traits that are completely out of line. Also I would suggest a beta reader, because there are more grammatical and spelling errors in here than is acceptable.
wercomingup chapter 9 . 8/3/2011
Olivia crying over Lila coming back was funny as hell!
SVUFanFics chapter 9 . 7/23/2011
We love this story! It kept us wanting more, and the constant bickering made us feel like we were in the story. We felt for Olivia, but couldn't help feel for Alex slightly more (even with the lies). Chapter 3 was fantastic, well constructed and well written, Although, we'd never wanted to see Liv hit Alex, but with a mother in law like Lila the frustration would be enough to think it!

Thank you for a great story! Now on to Meet The Cabots prt 2! Well done :)
Danielle chapter 9 . 4/5/2011
omg ! this whole story was AMAZING ! cant wait to read part 2 !
ShadowCub chapter 10 . 1/11/2011
Lila the bitch in law from hell.
ariel42 chapter 8 . 1/10/2011
YAY they got together - so cute!
ariel42 chapter 7 . 1/10/2011
Man this is so tense! I want Olivia and Alex back together and I want Olivia to be ok! Gripping writing loving it ;)
ariel42 chapter 6 . 1/10/2011
Olivias courage to stand up to Alex and not just let her walk back into her love is admirable here. Even though she loves her without hesitation - i admire her for being able to think about herself here. Great writing - enjoying the story :)
ttandme69 chapter 10 . 12/28/2010
I should not have looked to see what stories were updated...it is 11:24 p.m. and I should have been in bed 25 minutes ago... Now, I see that you have started on the 4th story...yikes...I will be lurking at work tomorrow and reading! thanks and eagerly, not too eagerly, awaiting 5:30 a.m. wake up so I can get to work at 7 and see what you have posted! thanks and have a great evening, Lisa