Reviews for Storm Warning
sunnysoul chapter 81 . 8/7/2014
I was googling walkthroughs for Cloakwood, and stumbled upon this. Hey, I recognize this handle :-)

I like Viconia's comparison of the mines to the Underdark, and her fading drow senses. Also her thoughts on the other party members. You succeeded in balancing the insights into the drow perspective and combat abilities with dramatic battle descriptions. Ajantis's POV also managed this nicely, with a gripping ending.

Strangely I feel bad for Garrick, instead of thinking him cowardly, or as the majority view, useless. The gentle encouragement from Yeslick is a nice scene.

You don't normally have Skie in Cloakwood, so this is an interesting take! Meeting Faldorn in the mines is also interesting.
Guest chapter 108 . 7/1/2013
Why can't you just spell the plural correctly?

"Founders' Common". The apostrophe goes after the "s", for plural, not before it as for single.
Guest chapter 101 . 6/30/2013
"Baffle-headed". Baffle, as in, empty, dumb. "Speaker baffle" is an example, the empty box/airbrake speaker drivers are placed in.
Guest chapter 98 . 6/30/2013
"Lolth".
Guest chapter 94 . 6/30/2013
There're two basic notions when it comes to portraying creatures in art:

1. The portrait must respect the image of the creature (for this reason some religions forbid partial portrayal of creatures).
2. The portrait must be respected by the viewers.

This is why carpets almost never have anything but geometric designs. Portraits and scenes are reserved for tapestries. It'd be a great disrespect for the dwarves to weave a carpet with a hero's image on it, as everyone would tread on the carpet, therefore disrespecting the hero's image.
Guest chapter 93 . 6/30/2013
Also: since Thayvian family names roughly follow a Russian pattern, she'd be Bellissima Leonova (female, "Leonov" is male).
Guest chapter 93 . 6/30/2013
The word's spelled "Minuscule". There're other errors on other pages, such as "draught" instead of "draft", etc.
Also, there're always spaces after any syntax signs, including "...".
Guest chapter 70 . 1/18/2013
This is good stuff! I love BG. Inspiring me to try my hand at fanfic.
Late to the Party chapter 147 . 10/7/2012
And finally we come to Skie. Great read. Terrific ending.

...Shar-Teel could get rid of Tiax.
Late to the Party chapter 146 . 10/7/2012
Perhaps not quite what they deserve, but they almost deserve each other. Good ending for them both.
Late to the Party chapter 144 . 10/7/2012
Poor Tamoko. Lovely use of detail. 'Indignities of death'. Like the Solar's appearance!
Late to the Party chapter 141 . 10/7/2012
Heh.
MissGardenia chapter 143 . 7/28/2012
Well, here's hoping if there's a sequel (or the story goes that far), that Faldorn gets a better fate than normal.
Late to the Party chapter 140 . 6/16/2012
Is it... finally over?

I loved the skyship and negotiation parts; nice to see Skie willing to play diplomat rather than shell Athkatla for their insolence in daring to demand any compensation at all when they are at her mercy! *Ahem*. I really like how you did this one - and the Immy bit at the end. Well done!
Late to the Party chapter 139 . 6/13/2012
Imoen is terrifying :P. And for none of the right reasons ;p.

It feels like things are coming to an end. Such a build up! An epic journey with an epic battle. So many characters clashing all at once; it doesn't feel like a mid-level battle at all - so much better than ToB!

"swordmasters' duels are supposed to last only until the first mistake" - this line I really liked (Imoen's line too - the one at the end). In fact, I liked all of it. Very fast paced! Great detail, great description, wonderful characterisations as ever. I'm going to be sad to read the end to this fic.