Reviews for A Difference of Understanding
Blueski chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
Congratulations!
Your fanfic has been chosen to be put on a Tumblr blog called Blueski's Favorite Fanfictions. The URL is "blueskireadsonlinebooks". It should appear on the blog sometime this week. We really enjoyed this work.
Always,
Blueski
shiney02 chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
I was laughing the whole way through this .. best part when Grantaire mocks Enjolras at the end
Cascaper chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
I told you R was my favorite, and this story just endears him further to me, high or not. Jehan -would- be delighted in the event of a zombie apocalypse, wouldn't he? Your little nonsense piece has flown straight to a dear place in my heart. _
maskedsinger01 chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
( watch?vz7rxl5KsPjs)
I imagined the difference between 3:40 and 5:27 to be Grantaire's possession...
then Enjolras turning it, somehow, to something like this ( watch?vRqE78gELzWw) from 0:33 on (?)

This story... was utterly fantastic and it toyed with my mind so much that I am now convinced that both Grantaire and Enjolras could play violin... possibly even together! ( watch?vbf27sIjB7fU) It's almost like a competition, in my mind. Brilliant work, love
P.E.E.V.S.Y chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
This is hilarious! I love the characterizations of les amis and the absurdness of Grantaire and his zombie story. I also, I don't know if this was your intent, but I loved how, Enjolras was Greco-Roman statue, Combeferre was da Vinci, Bossuet was Shakespeare ect, and Grantaire was like us now (although, obviously, Feuilly wouldn't know it), like, the mesh of everything, the fall of everything and all of it led to zombies and zombie movies! :D Anyway, even if I probably read WAAAY too much into it, this was wonderful and hilarious and I was laughing all the way through it. Great, great, great job! :)
Doc M chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Better than Jane Austen with zombies.

This should be canon, damn it!
Corvus corone chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Oh lol. Very much lol.

I started sniggering at “My violets, my poor darlings, who would have tried to tear you away from me?”, which turned into a full-blown laughing fit at around “JEHAN THEY ARE NOT LOST PUPPIES THEY ARE TRYING TO EAT YOUR BRAIN.”

Les Amis vs. zombies is pretty awesome.
Falling Stardust chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
I LOVE YOUR FICS. You are making me love Jehan more with every one-shot, and Grantaire is super-hilarious, and somehow Enjolras is the sane one. And to top it all off, you write CRACKFIC about ZOMBIES with one of the loveliest styles I've ever been favoured with the oppurtunity of reading. Thank you for existing.
LesMisLoony chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER READ.

Okay, I don't know about that, but I've never had so much trouble not laughing as when I read "It then began to gnaw on Jehan’s head." This may be the best sentence in fanfiction history. Though it could be tied with “JEHAN THEY ARE NOT LOST PUPPIES THEY ARE TRYING TO EAT YOUR BRAIN.”

Your Jehan is funnier and sweeter (albeit stranger) every time you write him! And I noticed Courfeyrac lost his hat, which made me laugh. Subtle! It's almost a meme now. Feuilly's comments were absolutely hysterical. Poor Grantaire. And I loved how calm Combeferre was about the whole thing.

I can't even... oh my gosh, I want to link these to my offline friends who don't even know Les Mis. Wow. So much love.
technicolor-werewolf chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
This...is epic. How often do you find such an unashamedly silly fic that still stays so well in character? I laughed so many times while reading this, and your style is amazing. I love your Amis to pieces, by the way. Please keep writing!
ColonelDespard chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
Funniest thing I've read in an age! I'm still trying to work out how on earth you pulled this off. So perfect for Pie, too, particularly with the key part the violin plays.

Jehan is gorgeous - so beside himself now that the big day has arrived and the world is coming to an end and squee! He gets to see it! Atta boy, Prouvaire - I knew you wouldn't be afraid if it actually happened (even if your glee is a bit unsettling).

Combeferre with his juicy zombie-tempting brain. And leading the defence of the Parthenon.

Feuilly is right to totally lose it with Grantaire at the point at which Enjolras unleashes his Revolutionary Super Powers. Of course, he'd already deployed the glare. And thank God the Amis were on the ball enough for once to get R and Feuilly as far apart as possible.

Amazing that you still managed to work in the touch of pathos that is so much a part of Grantaire's character. Even the ending, in which he physically and conversationally is mirroring Enjolras, but they couldn't be further apart.
Mme Bahorel chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
This is so cute as I'm laughing uncontrollably. I just love how I can no longer picture your Jehan right-side up because he's always hanging upside down. And Grantaire on hash. Feuilly - I'm with Feuilly, trying to find the logic even when there is none to be found. And the art references, *squee*!

So incredibly entertaining, both for the crackiness and the utterly perfect characterisations.