Reviews for Remembrance
aruvqan chapter 1 . 5/23/2015
Nice It is memorial day weekend here in the US - and I had a cousin [well, the son of a cousin] killed in the past year, and mu husband found out that an old shipmate from his first sub died recently. It is never easy.
the newest daughter chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Been to see the traveling vietnam war wall and never cried so hard in a long time. I also watched my dad one of the strongest men i know fall apart reading the names on that wall. He did four tours durring the Vietnam war.
bgrgrmp chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
oh that was absolutely wonderful and beautiful
CyborgWithGreatHair chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
We had Rememberance Day here in Australia today as well, which we always commemorate with a minute's silence at eleven am. My grandfather fought for England in WWII so it holds a special meaning to me. Thank you for sharing such an obviously heartfelt piece of writing.

wanttowrite chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Well written and a fitting reminder on this day! Thank you for the contribution!
mnvamplover chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
Thank you for remembering those who give themselves so that we might live free and have choices. Blessing to you!
Ryl chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
This story is a beautiful way to remember all those that have made sacrifices, no matter the nationality. Thank you for sharing.
Tia Bella chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
A nicely written story. I know how nerve wracking it is to publish a story. I am, like you British, and I believe we should never forget those that have made the ultimate sacrifice.

My only slight criticism is of its lack of relevance to the Plum universe, I know Ranger comes into it at the end but it feels more like he was put in to make it relevant. There were American GIs stationed in the UK during the wars and it would have been easier for you to use them, say Ranger's grandfathers POV (although that would have meant killing Ranger off I fear). Or to use the war in Afghanistan or Iraq (seeing as this years Poppy Appeal is for the Afghan and Iraq war) and that might have made it easier for you to work one of the Merry Men or Ranger in.

Saying that it's a very nice story based on something very poiniant. Well done.