Reviews for Lights Will Guide
Insanity under the moonlight chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
Wow, amazing. I think this is something all royed shippers should consider. Not only would their relationship be illegal since Edward is under age but it's also possible since victims of sexual abuse have a higher chance of abusing younger children, giving a realistic explaination as to why Roy would even do this to Edward. This was very well written with the astonishing amount of description it seems like all your stories have. I don't think anyone was out of character, Roy because it seemed like he was dazed or maybe even disassociated from himself half wondering what he did wrong because it's what happened to him and it was fair because it was now 'his turn'. Maes because like Riza, was in shock, disbelieving that Roy could even do such a thing yet not entirely blaming him because they knew the trauma he suffered. When maes delivered the news he used military formate to depersonalize what happened, maybe they did kill Roy (which I'm doubting) and maybe he really did kill himself but maes was still hurt yet had to be strong for the children. Speaking of children they too we're spot on, with their insistence on stopping Ed from going to the meeting and getting Maes and Riza. I'm not even goin to start on Edward since I've rambled enough but long story short, you never fail to be realistic and accurate when it comes to subjects that require maturity and tact like this kind of situation. Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
This was a really excellent and creative story. Is the title a reference to Fix You by Coldplay? That song fits this story so well.
Despair The Homonculus chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
OMG! I knew Roy was a Perv! i mean, i luv him, but i knew it!
YourDyingLullaby chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
I'm sorry but I really don't agree with the way you depict Roy and Ed's relationship. Though I understand you have a right to your own opinion as I do to mine. I just hope you realize that they were never like that, ever. Ugh, I really hate your story. I guess you like the Ed and Al pairings.
TheoreticallyEva chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Um, I kind of can't believe that I haven't reviewed this. I guess, in my head, I thought I had, but I was wrong. XD

Anyway, this story impressed me so deeply that it has occurred to me to think about it many times since I read it. Several times, I have thought to myself that if Roy/Ed could be real, this is the form it would take. (Honestly, I fail to grasp what it is about romantic!Roy/Ed that seems to make sense to at LEAST half the FMA fandom. O_o;; ) I appreciated your honest (and accurate) portrayal of what happens in situations like those. (I ESPECIALLY appreciated the honesty and accuracy. Too many people, it seems, don't fully grasp what that kind of abuse entails and is about, for both the abuser and abused. I have some very strong feelings about this.)

Anyway, overall, it's well done and different in a refreshingly good way. Thank you for sharing. :)
KatsyKat chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Wow. Very nice. Beautiful in that you've taken Ed, Al and Winry and done what you do BEST - highlighted the unstoppable force that they are when they're working together for a common goal. I really loved the end, because you could feel the love and trust in all their actions. Even Ed, when he tries to throw his boots on and leave Al and Winry before Hughes shows up. He's still doing it for a misplaced feeling of protecting the other two, as was his reasoning for putting up with it all in the future.

Speaking of Hughes... I almost smell a side story. He doesn't seem to be telling the truth about what happened one way or another. My thoughts - either Mustang freaked about Ed not recipricating his feelings. And this catapolted him back to when a time before he had blocked out and assimalitated the horror of the actions. So everything he'd done was suddenly so personally appaling to him as he realized he did to someone what had been done to (and damaged) him... or crazier yet either Hughes or Hawkeye ended up pulling the trigger when Roy freaked either trying to go after Ed - or simply freaking out. This REALLY left me wondering...

Mustang was, of course, a bit ooc for me - but being as I don't seem him as a pedophiliac I suppose that's completly natural. LOL

The only critique I have (and maybe it's not really a critique so much as an observation) is that - when Hughes and Hawkeye entered the scene - the writing of the story felt... rushed. I understand that it's from Ed's pov - and maybe you wanted it to have the sudden over and done with feeling to it.

But until then the story had been so detail-orientated that the stretch with the four of them - seems likes it's conversation only and the details are missing. If you did it on purpose - bravo - it gives the scene a disjointed feeling, which I sure is appropriate to Ed's state of mind. But I can't help but want to see more of Hawkeye and Hughes expressions and movements. I mean this was their best friend, and desired leader-by-choice. I wanted to study how they were reacting, even tho I know the story was all about Ed. ;)

So's anyway. The LONG and short of it is a I LOVED this story. As usual your dark side is brilliant stunning when put on paper. Thanks, once again, for sharing!
Koneko Hoshi chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
So dark and beautiful. I love it. This is a must fave! By Hohenheim did you mean "father" or the real one. That confused me. I really liked how you handled Mustang as a so he is a little O.O.C. but what Roy/Ed story isn't? (don't answer that) I was a bit surprised at Mustang's suicide, but then I remembered the scene in the anime that showed Roy's reaction to killing the Rockbells. I liked how Hughes relayed his death. The way Hughes said it made me think that he did not believe that Mustang was telling the whole truth. It leaves the reader to speculate what the real reason was. My theory is that saw what he he recalled in episode 13: "Fullmetal vs. Flame". He saw Ed as being similar to the Ishballan boy with the gun. Just because a kid has is leading an adult life as a soldier, doesn't make them any less of a child.
ArtificialRed chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
Dark was an understatement! But of course I liked it all the same. :)