Reviews for Memories
whitehound chapter 8 . 7/6
Just re-reading this - still a good engaging read. You asked for nitpicking - in this chapter you've got "the three broomsticks" all in lower case when it should be capitalized. Also you've typed Hagrid as Hargid.

I wanted to comment a bnit on chapter 4/5, but I'd altready reviewed it years ago, so it'll have to go here.

Now, a house like that would originally have two rooms downstairs and two up, with a "footprint" of about 16' by 22'. If there's now a bathroom upstairs, then unless it's in wizardspace, or the door leads to a stair to a bathroom in the attic, then the bathroom would have to have been hived off one of the bedrooms, presumably the largest one. So the bedroom which is now the master bedroom would originally have been the smaller of the two. But of course the bathroom could have been put in when Snape was a child.

Normally you'd go from living room to kitchen and then the back door would be in the kitchen, but I guess it's possible this house has a wee passage or something which connects the living room to the back door without going through the kitchen. Or perhaps what is now the living room was originally a combined kitchen/living room (or it's two rooms which have been knocked together) and what's now the kitchen was a parlour or a pantry. Or he;s knocked the kitchen and living room together to make one big room and the kitchen is actually in wizardspace.

25 galleons a week seems a bit steep for a room in such a shabby area in the late '90s, even if you take the exchange rate on the back of QTtA and make a galleon £3 rather than £5 as Rowling has said elsewhere. But I suppose Hermione would be used to rates in the south of England, and also wanting to pay Snape as much as she could without it appearing to be charity.
I like your style, it's different ...especially from some of the overly flowery stuff that can be found on this site :P
Dina chapter 9 . 12/11/2014
Bless you for sharing your talent.
I utterly love the realness of the voice you give to your characters.
And thank you for the smile stuck to my face. It's ever so much better than the dark cloud I couldn't shake a few days ago.
Jiru-senpai chapter 9 . 7/23/2013
I am surprised how it ended but I am more surprised with how content I was with the ending. No flowery words. No weddings or babies or an exaggerated, nonsensical happy ending that does not match the mood of the story. Just simple and straightforward and... practical. I like that. :)

I'm surprised how low your review count is. You deserve more acknowledgment at the very least. However, how good the story is does not depend on the number of reviews, favorites or likes.

Okay, enough. I'm babbling.

Your story is very well written. -_- I envy you, really.

Great job and keep on writing, please.

Cheers!
r99smith chapter 9 . 7/1/2013
I realize you finished this story quite a while ago. I have only recently found it and I enjoyed it very much. thanks for writing
Tawny68 chapter 2 . 3/7/2013
Ahhh...the lovely effects of a Pan Galatic Gargle Blaster on the mind. Shame they didn't have access to appropriate rehab facilties. ROFLMAO. Must keep reading! BTW, long live Douglas Adams!
Moonchild1212 chapter 9 . 1/31/2013
I enjoyed this story. It was a little dark, but it was quite different. I like the angst and the struggle with Ron. Nice job!
marianna79 chapter 2 . 8/18/2012
great writing, very interesting. fug and fuggy must mean fog and foggy?
You got Ginny as Ginerva right, but Charlie is the Dragon tamer and Bill is the curse breaker with the Goblins at Gringotts. He has worked in Egypt.
:-)
JeniDRalph chapter 9 . 6/2/2012
Yeah, I can't see him as a nervous groom (okay, maybe I can... but it's not right) or her as a blushing bride.

Great story! I noticed no pacing irregularities, so... Great Job!
JeniDRalph chapter 8 . 6/2/2012
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Oh, and the kinship she feels with Luna is great. So many fics show them as bestest buddies, but never explain when or how that happened.
JeniDRalph chapter 7 . 6/2/2012
You write about the creation of wands as though Ollivander was helping you with your story. It's amazing!
JeniDRalph chapter 6 . 6/2/2012
Is it so odd that I am giddy when they are awkward?
JeniDRalph chapter 5 . 6/2/2012
Theirs is such a beautiful friendship. Oh, and Snape blushes. :)

I'm sure she didn't think about Snape at all as she fell asleep.
JeniDRalph chapter 4 . 6/2/2012
Their conversations are cute, but not in an adorable, fluffy way. They make me smile.

Oh, and I like Bob the house elf.
JeniDRalph chapter 3 . 6/2/2012
I like the idea of Hermione as a wandmaker. I'm still digging your Snape.