Reviews for Something Wicked This Way Comes
This got me hooked after literally the first two chapters. I just had to read this till the end and i loved it!
Aleucard chapter 41 . 8/27
A thought. Was it implied here that Lavender and Parvati should ask Xenophilius Lovegood about Dumbledore's lover? If yes, I strongly suspect he won't be too happy with the two who helped him with destroying his relationship with his daughter. It might be a good thing for a side story.
nightfog125 chapter 48 . 8/23
Found this story yesterday afternoon and just finished it with only a break for a few hours of sleep. A break that I only took because I had class early this morning. This story has been by far one of the best I have ever read. The story was constantly engaging, the characterization was believable and well-paced, and Albus Dumbledore was not a bundle of cliches.

Seriously, the Albus Dumbledore portrayed here is not the crazy old goat, the manipulative old bastard, the Dark Lord in disguise, the perfect man that can do no wrong, or any other of the cliche versions that seem to be copy and pasted into every Harry Potter fic. This Albus Dumbledore is a man. One who tried to do the best he could for the Wizarding World, and ended up stretching himself too thin. He is rightly horrified at what Harry and his companions do, and are willing to do, but also is willing to admit that perhaps it is necessary, even if he wished it wasnthat children did not need to become killers to protect what matters most to them. The Dumbledore in this story is probably the closest to my idea of what cannon Dumbledore is like. A man that tries to do the best he can, and help as many people as possible, but in the end is still human and can still make mistakes.

I absolutely loved this story and I'm sad to see it end, but I also found the ending satisfying and didn't leave me feeling like something was missing. I'm now probably going to try and find something else to read, but need to sift through stories for days before I find one even remotely engaging after this...
CrimsonMystic chapter 48 . 8/1
That was ducking fantastic. I honestly picked this duck up cause I wanted a crack fic to pic me up (just watched angel beats, didn’t know a heart could break into so many pieces...) but this was both surprisingly serious and very entertaining
doubledamn chapter 36 . 7/23
Oh look Harry's playing around with puzzles. Whoops! Accidentally solved a Lament Configuration!

Actually, if you Item Worlded a Rubix Cube enough, you might end up with a Lament Configuration.
doubledamn chapter 35 . 7/23
I wonder if what snake egg is used for the Basilisk affects what attributes the Basilisk has when hatched? On that note, a magical crossbreed of Ashwinder and Runespoor hatched beneath a toad... Multiple heads, fire elementalism PLUS regular Basilisk traits.
doubledamn chapter 24 . 7/23
Silent Hill's church worshipped Aslan?
doubledamn chapter 23 . 7/23
The name of the town they can't say out loud wouldn't happen to be Silent Hill, would it?
Ranmaleopard chapter 48 . 7/15
My God this was just really awesome and I loved reading it.
NarutosBrat chapter 41 . 7/14
Odd thought: Or make it a four-way between Snape, Firewhiskey, his liver, and Pomphrey. You can have Snape wax poetic about the love of his life (firewhiskey) as if it was an actual person, and grumble about how his liver and Pomphrey were trying to split them up, because they didn't understand their love.
NarutosBrat chapter 22 . 7/13
Fog covering a dreary town, hooker harpies, children on meathooks, their in Silent forking Hill. For the record, if Pyramid Head shows up, I'm abandoning this story for a couple days to prepare myself, and then another couple after that part is over to recover. That is not a nightmare I'm keen to visit again.
NarutosBrat chapter 4 . 7/12
Oh boy, she's taking them, or at least Harry, to the item world. Well, it should be interesting if nothing else.
za worlda chapter 22 . 6/29
oh my silent hill
LondonsWhereMyHeartIs chapter 1 . 6/17
Good sound track!
StonerMcWeedPot chapter 8 . 6/6
YOOOOO! Fuck yeah, the ending to this chapter was absolutely perfect. I don’t wanna spoil it for anybody else.
1,685 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »