Reviews for 48—18 I Want My Old Phil Back
Boris Yeltsin chapter 7 . 11/22/2009
Great update. LOL on the questions Mandy was asking Keely.
CraftyNotepad chapter 7 . 11/22/2009
Sultan Peppershaker,

Freud would have a field day with this relationship they've got going on. Thirty year age difference, no paternal figure in her life, built-up sexual attractions ...

- but what it comes down to is that they are perfect for each other in every way that counts; Keely knows this , especially when the lights go out. Sorry Dr. Freud, that's not what you think it means. Our two have always been and always will be about so much more than sex. They're the perfect pair. Who doesn't get it? Phil's happy to have his Keely in his life once again, know exactly what he wants to do in life: make Keely happy and then make her happier. He loves his wife. Mandy listens and listens as Keely offers her piece after piece of the puzzle - they talk about the pieces, examine them, but it's Mama bear who sees how all the pieces come together into Keely's Big Picture that she can't make out on her own - a can't see the forest for the trees scenario. Keely knows that they're right for one another, that they work. For her, it's _Future Tutor_ all over again. She's happy with him when they're on their own, but when her crew comes in the door she can't get under the uberplatter fast enough. It's sometimes hard to do the right thing, especially when you're afraid of being talked about.

Ha, wow, Mandy. Way to build up your daughter's self-esteem there.

- Good thing Keely called her! She needed perspective beyond the trapped feeling she was driving herself bonkers with.. by listening to her daughter, Momma Mandy figured out that Keely already was happy and was just scared to go out from under the radar.

Never liked the word 'hubby'. Something about it...

- I can understand that. Phil didn't care for it at first either, but it grew on him because it made Keely happy. She had heard Mandy using that pet name for years for Keely's dad and now she had a hubby to call her own to use it on. Now, it makes him grin.

Glad to see Keely's finally coming around. She was really starting to drive me up the wall there.

- Sounds as though you've done an about-face on their getting together. Has Mandy Teslow's probing analysis as she motherly sees the Big Picture altered your thinking toward your presented standard dating creepiness rule, at least in the case of Keely and Phil? It's said that there's an exception to every rule and I think they're it.

Ordinary is boring anyway.

- Ain't it the truth, Nate. Aint it the truth.

Best

CraftyNotepad
Sultan Peppershaker chapter 7 . 11/21/2009

Ha, wow, Mandy. Way to build up your daughter's self-esteem there.

Never liked the word 'hubby'. Something about it...

Ordinary is boring anyway.
Sultan Peppershaker chapter 6 . 11/20/2009
Well. Mandy's definition of "dog" certainly differs from the traditional one. Or at least the one I was thinking of last chapter.

Makes me wonder what her definition of failure is when it comes to marriage. Not divorce: that's only around 50%.
Boris Yeltsin chapter 6 . 11/20/2009
LOL, Frere Jacques? Man, people have used that tune a lot.

What's with the cat/dog thing?
Boris Yeltsin chapter 5 . 11/19/2009
Once again, you give me another one of your whacky disclaimers.

Weird, didn't know cloy was a real word.

Man is Mandy funny.
Sultan Peppershaker chapter 5 . 11/18/2009
I'm with Keely: nobody says cloy anymore. Satiate, maybe.

Granted, mother Teslow's right. Phil is definitely Overdoing it.

It's late. The mind isn't working. Reckon I should C&P that little bit re: the last review, before I forget about it.

"There's really no answer to that question. Or maybe there is an answer, and that answer is 'nobody.'

Phil's already established that Keely's perfect for him, and that he waited those thirty years without seeing anyone else, so they could be together. Like Mandy said, he's inexperienced. But, from Phil's perspective, what would've been the point in trying to connect with anyone back in the future if he knew Keely was the one that was perfect for him? There isn't really /any/one that could measure up to how he saw her. He'd always be comparing them to Keely, and they'd never measure up, so even if it wasn't a matter of best friends keeping their promise... there would've been no point.

At least that's how I see it, from his view."
Boris Yeltsin chapter 4 . 11/18/2009
Boy. Mrs. Teslow is one whacky character.

LOL on your disclaimer.

Great update, funny one too. Mrs. T is just so silly sometimes.
agletfan chapter 4 . 11/18/2009
I don't think it's about Phil's age, but Keely's. Lots of women in there twenties marry guys in there 40s and 50s so twenty or more years isn't an issue. It's because Keely is still in her teens that any amount of time is an issue. A few months earlier, Keely's mom wouldn't have let her daughter date nineteen year olds. Now she's 18, so thats different. A few more years and 30 years won't be important either.
Sultan Peppershaker chapter 4 . 11/17/2009
Mandy's more experienced perspective on the situation is quite well done. Good, wide range of emotional reactions to the news: elation, apprehension, shock, outrage... very colorful character, that one.

"But he doesn't sound like a jerk, just inexperienced, Sweetie."

THAT'S the sticky wicket. Sure he's grown up, waiting for her those three decades... he's older, wiser... but still inexperienced. He lacks that perspective. But I guess he didn't have much of an option, judging by Keely's descriptions in this chapter. Who could measure up to that for him?
Sultan Peppershaker chapter 3 . 11/17/2009
Love. When the internet crashes in the middle of drumming up a review.

Poor Keely. Can't even tell if she's dreaming or not. I guess I don't blame her. Even knowing he's from the future, it must be bizarre to see him like he is now, given that not so long ago (to her, naturally!), he was a teen like her.

I never really got why people asked how it felt to be a certain age, especially if you just had a birthday. It's not like each age has a specifically unique feeling. I don't know.

Ahh, Phil, I feel for ya buddy, I really do. At the same time, though, surely you knew it was a tad naïve to think she would take you back right away. 30 years. Nearly twice as long as she's been alive. 18 years' life perspective, I don't know, just might not be enough to get over that.

Or maybe not right away, at least.
Boris Yeltsin chapter 3 . 11/17/2009
Aw. Poor Phil. Hope this ends well, if you'r gonna keep it going.
Boris Yeltsin chapter 2 . 11/13/2009
Nice.

LOL on the disclaimer.

So, Phil's 47, and Keely's what?

Wonder how they're gonna pull this off.
Sultan Peppershaker chapter 2 . 11/13/2009
It wasn't until you updated the title after the first update that I got the 47 - 17 business. I can't stand how they don't let you put any special characters. I want parentheses in my titles. Also, it annoys me how you can't have the same chapter title for different installments. Ha ha

Leaving a place for one year or thirty years, often one finds upon return, it's changed so much they can hardly recognize it. At least, that's until they realize it's not everyone else that changed, it was them all along. Sounds like something you'd see on The Twilight Zone.
agletfan chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
This is a new twist on discovering what is truly important in a relationship. Seems to me that Phil promised to wait for Keely, but you've spun it around so he's the one who's aged during the wait, instead of his high school sweetheart. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.