Reviews for Blood of the Ninth
shannon30033 chapter 1 . 12/3/2015
I liked how Nick sounded like he was British. Seemed to really run true to his character. Nice story, good questions, good ending. I enjoyed it.
Cakes Blargh chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
It's okay, Nick. Your children might be a bit more... omnicidal maniacs, but ho hey, you can channel that loads of destructive power to crush enemies of the Kingdom. Just as Abhorsen children tends to gravitates towards death.

And what can't be easily killed, can be killed now. A wild card, where the normal rules doesn't work.

I'm actually surprised Garth Nix didn't made him accidentally destroy that Free Magic at the wall... but then humor comes to play.
Magic Collides chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
This was really perfect! I absolutely adored it!
tweelini chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
I enjoyed reading this. After I finished creature in the case..Nick was the character that I could not tie up the loose ends for. This is a very plausible scenario, although I'm surprised that Mogget after being freed by Sabriel would still wear a bell or be in cat form.
animato22 chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
interesting
Mad Maudlin's Dirty Toes chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Oh, lovely! And it feels incredibly plausible and in character, too. This is definitely one of my favorite Old Kingdom fics and I really enjoyed your style and approach to the concept.
The Crushinator chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Excellent story. Definitely the most in-character ones I've read in the fandom. You don't write awkwardly, either. Everything seemed to flow and make sense.
MidnightReader1 chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
hey, really good story:)

i love wen mogget enters the scene, hes one of my fav characters:)

"He'd say that talking to yourself is one of the first signs of madness," said a familiar voice."

it would have been really interesting to see where you would have gone in this story if it became more than a one-shot, the idea of a new bloodline sounded brillant. I look forward to reading more of your stories. Keep up the good work! xx
Irene A chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Oh, this was wonderful. I've wanted to see a story having to do with Nick and the Old Kingdom, and whatever it is he's become, for a long while. (One that I wasn't writing, anyhow.) The basic premise, is I think, not at all stretch. The monster at the end of Creature in the Case tells Nick his blood is stronger than any of the other inheritors, i.e., the Bloodlines, no? Lirael and Sam were in character, but the Mogget exchange was probably the most enjoyable.

So thank you for this :)
siltstone chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Oh, I love the idea of a new bloodline - almost as much as I love poor Nick's reaction to it. I'd be keen to change the name as well. You've deftly outlined a very intriguing concept, and captured the characters' voices excellently in doing so. A very enjoyable story!
Pandora of Ithilien chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
interesting... and that's something we still don't know, if there will be any after-effects of what the destroyer did to nick - the dog did say there was still free magic in him.
Dwarves of goldbanner chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Oh wow! This is pure excellence in it's best form. Such a gripping storyline aswell. Please tell me you will be writing more because I couldn't bear not knowing what happens next! Indeed Sanaryelle is a talented author but you are also. Keep up the fabulous work. :)
oxygen deprived chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
Great idea! I'm looking forward to updates!
Sanaryelle chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Thanks for the recommendation! Again, I enjoyed reading this story. Thank you so much for sharing it. I noticed places where I'd suggested changes, and your final wording made it so much better than what I'd originally suggested! Loved it. Nick deserves more attention, and you did a wonderful job.
Fishy Biscuits chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
That was really good. I liked it. I always wondered what happened to Nick after The Creature in the Case too. I liked the idea of Nick being the start of a new bloodline, and the way that he uses Free Magic by accident when he tries to use Charter magic. And I think you got all the characters portrayed really well - not OOC or anything, which is really good. :-)