Reviews for Lying for the Abuser
Don't forget abuse happens to men to not just omen and children. They don't come out about it as much because it makes them feel weaker then the person who abuses them makes them feel.
QueenHufflepuff01 chapter 1 . 1/18
i love it! i know its been years but please continue!
Guest chapter 2 . 9/14/2016
I really wish I could read this story, the summary sounded interesting but I don't think I can. I have a really hard time when writers flips constantly back and forth between point of views. Every few chapters is absolutely fine. But when you change POVs three times in a single chapter it gets too confusing and repetitive and I find it annoying to read. You can still get the information across to the reader by sticking to a few POVs and I think you should consider rewriting some chapters to reflect this. I think you'll be more likely to have people stick to the story and have the patience to read it if you were to do that.

Thank you for taking the time to write, I hope I haven't offended you as that's not my intent. I just thought I'd give you a piece of advice and a reason as to why I stopped reading. I know I'd appreciate it if people did the same for my stories.
Twilight-Survivor chapter 16 . 11/13/2015
I've been through these steps since when I was a kid I survived physical and sexual abuse at the hands of my parents. I also went through having a trusted non related adult fight to take me in despite the policies against it. I was rescued at 15, more then 10 years since after the sexual abuse started. Now I'm a 35 year old wife and mother to 3 daughters and its now been 20 years since I was rescued and that trusted adult mentor and friend got custody. So I'll walk you through protectio the steps of how this all happens. Once a report is made, a social worker comes within 24 hours. They try to interview the child somewhere outside the home like school, after that the parents and siblings, teachers and anyone else involved or in the know are interviewed. As soon as the social worker had significant reason to suspect that Bella's life or well being were in immediate danger (her telling the social worker she was being sexually abused prob would have been enough for most social workers) she would have called a judge for an emergency removal order. She would be given a temporary order of protection & the offending parent(s) wind up going to court for arraignments, hearings & sometimes a trial but usually a plea bargain is given to avoid the possibility of them walking and the very real trauma of a child victim testifying. When u do go for a trial the child doesn't even go in most of the time and when you do it's usually done in judges chambers. There is no jury for family court - only a judge, a law guardian, case workers, assistant district attorney, forensic psychologists testify, doctors, case workers, social workers, foster parents, teachers etc. criminal charges are handled separately then family court, family court determines if the child is safe to stay or should be made a ward of the state or put in (at least to start with) the system with partial parental rights still in tact.
Brandy chapter 33 . 7/17/2015
If you wrote a sequel I would read it
Guest chapter 33 . 6/2/2015
I hope Phil is okay and he would play baseball again!
Guest chapter 32 . 6/2/2015
I like all the presents what Bella got for her mom and the Cullens and all the presents what the Cullens got Bella. I also enjoyed the Cullens, Bella and Renee spending quality time together on Christmas especially having Christmas dinner.
Guest chapter 30 . 5/28/2015
I think Edwards proposal was so sweet! Proposing to her in a resturant is very romantic !
Keshan chapter 20 . 5/21/2015
This chapter is great! I hope the jury found Charlie guilty. He does deserve prison. I also hope The Cullens adopt Bella and they visit her mother Renee and stepfather Phil.
Keshan chapter 16 . 5/20/2015
I think this chapter was great!
Keshan chapter 15 . 5/20/2015
I think Bella secret is that she was never abused! Just treated roughly!
Keshan chapter 13 . 5/20/2015
It was very nice of Carlisle to inform Child Services of Bella's abuse and rape. Also letting the nice young woman use his office as an interview room. He is so compassionate and caring to protect Bella and his family. He would be a good foster father to Bella. I also think Bella was physically, emotional/verbal and sexually abused. I also hope that the Cullens will adopt her and take good care of her!
Keshan chapter 11 . 5/19/2015
I hope the Cullens save Bella before Charlie sells her!
Guest chapter 4 . 5/17/2015
Bella should of told the truth. She needs to speak up or she will be dead. She will have a happy life living with the Cullens.
babesbraves chapter 33 . 4/19/2015
Please think about finishing this emotional but fantastic book it would be a great shame to leave it at this point.