Reviews for Ghost of You
orphan12345 chapter 9 . 11/23/2009
Ahh! So good! Harry doesn't want to go back because he'd miss her! And Harry doesn't want her to have to fight or dodge or duck or whatnot because he wants to be normal. I had a random line pop in my head of a steriotipical story in which Harry says something like "Everyone around me always dies, I'm amazed Hermione and Ron are still alive" No idea why I just shared my random brain wave with you :) In a way, I really really want to hate Neville, but I can't, yet. I mean it's Harry and Ginny forever, not Neville and Ginny. And I sort of hate him for even wanting Ginny... I love it! Update soon :D
Alexiel-Muse-of-War chapter 9 . 11/23/2009
Great chapter, I have been waiting for it and it was well worth it. I like the last scene with Harry and Ginny, no means no.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
WellRedPenguin chapter 9 . 11/23/2009
another brilliantly written chapter, I can't get enough of this story
ItalHunni28 chapter 8 . 11/21/2009
a LONG overdue review! Sorry this took so long but being a university student doesn't really give you much time especially a chemistry major BUT TOTALLY worth the wait! That ending was just made of cruelty because now I have to wait for more brilliance and I get an adrenaline rush of contentment when I see the notice in my inbox...yes i know i'm a tad of of a geek BUT i like me that way and i LOVE EVERY SINGLE MOMENT of this. Tremendous work and I cannot wait to find out what's happening. You've spun a very tangled web and I can't wait for all of it to unwind and unravel with something intrinsic and beautiful as the outcome...not to mention unique and creative. SO UPDATE SOON! LOVE IT! a DEFINITE favourite!
k80cue chapter 8 . 11/21/2009
I am enjoying this story so much

I like the way that you are getting Ginny to work through her illness and how Harry is dealing with things.

Update soon
rookie802 chapter 8 . 11/21/2009
Awesome chapter and cannot wait for the next one!
ghostchicken chapter 8 . 11/20/2009
Excellent so far! I'm hooked and eagerly awaiting more.

PTSD can be devastating, not only to the patient, but to his or her family. The least little thing can set him or her off in ways that often make little to no sense. In Ginny's case, certain words can trigger memories that either cause her to become physically ill or to black out altogether.

Mrs. Granger's concern about Ginny's eating habits is only natural. She didn't have a clue because Hermione never told her what was really going on.

You wrote the re-budding romance between Harry and Ginny very well. It was slow and agonizing, just like war. They're on the other side of it-for the most part-but there were still circumstances that got in the way. The Weasleys have had Ginny and the Trio locked up under house arrest, as it were, for their own safety; the trouble is they're all going stir-crazy. Ron's breaking out by going to work with George to save the shops.

Ginny's able to talk to Neville because he was there going through hell with her under the DEs at Hogwarts. HE UNDERSTANDS. The Trio can talk to each other about what they went through because they went through their hell together and THEY UNDERSTAND. Now, the twain must meet and work it out at some point so they can ALL understand...and heal.

Harry wants to move on-he wants a normal life, but he won't have it without Ginny. So, being the noble fellow he is, he's put his own life on hold until Ginny's is repaired. He tried to keep the fact that he's had myriad offers from Quidditch teams and the Ministry (Auror, not Aurora) hidden because he swore to himself he'd never leave Ginny again and he intends to keep that promise. To go off on the road with a Quidditch team or to training for the Auror Corps would mean leaving her behind again. He just can't do it. He doesn't WANT to do it.

As for Hermione...she's stuck between two worlds and that's pressure in and of itself. She really doesn't feel that she fully belongs in either-at least until she makes a solid choice. But she's torn between the love of her life in the magical world she's been thrust into and her own family in the Muggle world. Her parents will never be able to fully comprehend what it means to be a witch, but they'll never be able to come to terms with it so long as Hermione keeps hiding it from them.

It just seems to me that a lot of well-meaning people are making the healing process more difficult for their children by trying to keep them under wraps. Life happens. Pure and simple, and all the hiding in the world-wanted or not-won't change it.

Great job and welcome to my Favorites list.
NevemTeve chapter 8 . 11/20/2009
Why, you write faster, than I read;)

It was great to see Hermione as a real person with real background and real issues... so far she was something like the archetype of the perfect understanding older sister.

Somehow she has always always been allowed to enter Ginny's life and room and thought and secrets (often without asking), now it became (more or less) mutual.

(That's what should happen with Harry, too, methinks)
orphan12345 chapter 8 . 11/19/2009
I love this story so so much! Seriously, I forgoe sleep just so I can read it. You're that amazing!
miguelina chapter 8 . 11/19/2009
What an exciting ending! Comes pretty close to the ending in the last chapter. It seems like you're setting up the story for something big. There has to be a reason why Ginny is blacking out like that it can't be just post traumatic stress. If it is just that then it's pretty serious. Is there going to be more explaining of Ginny's problem soon?
Number27 chapter 8 . 11/19/2009
Once again wonderful chapter! And you even included one of my all time favorite DMB songs with Grey Street! I have to say I thought trouble would be brewing once Mrs. Granger stopped by an assumed Ginny was anorexic. I assumed Mrs. Weasley would blow up at her or something of that nature. I am glad I was wrong, it would have been so unlike Mrs. Weasley.

I don't know if anyone has ever mentioned this before, but I am glad that you are not using time-skips. So much happened between May and the 1st of September, most fanfic authors just skip right over it. One chapter everyone is at a funeral, next its a chapter or two about life before departing to Hogwarts again, and then they skip to end of term and Harry and Ginny living together.

I look forward to the next chapter!
golfnjen83 chapter 8 . 11/19/2009
Wow, why is Ginny blacking out all of the sudden? Update soon!
WellRedPenguin chapter 8 . 11/19/2009
sorry I haven't been reviewing, but I have been reading and I continue to love this story. You've done a good job of writing the PTSD and I also love how everyone else isn't just fine and dandy. I especially like what you've done with Hermione and her issues after everything. Keep up the good work
Alexiel-Muse-of-War chapter 8 . 11/19/2009
Great chapter, I stopped playing a video game that I had been on for almost 6 hours just to read this. Well worth it

Can't wait for the next update
Emmafromkent chapter 8 . 11/19/2009