Reviews for The Real Ones
AbbyGibbs chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
WOW, this one is so powerful and so true, the real heroes never come home, thanks so much for writing this. I may live in Europe, but that's what I think too, so thanks so much for the story.

Take care.
Terry Gibbs chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Great job. I especially liked the last line.
elflordsmistress chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
OH

I am not sure how I missed this one, but it brought tears to my eyes this snowy morning.

Wonderfully evocative - and very very moving.

Kudos!

xx
KricketWilliams chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Whoa, fin, you blew me away. This was beautifully poignant and very sad. When I would go to National Cemetary with my dad, he would straighten things next to his friends too- and always for the chaplains that he saw out there. He didn't think he was a hero either, but he was- in and out of uniform.
PT21 chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
Oh, gosh, that is so so true. Great, great piece
SherryGabs chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
“No son,” Gibbs said as he put a hand on the younger man’s shoulder, “The real heroes never made it home alive. They are lying out there. They never came home.” - How very true.

Great tribute. Thanks.
Citation-2 chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Beautiful, moving story. It made me wish in my country too there was the same respet for soldiers, veterans and heroes I've seen potrayed in US movies, books and short tales like this one.
Delta-6 chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
The cadet would have been much more impressed by Gibbs' Silver Star.
USAFChief chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
This was especially poignant for me today. My son called to give me his thanks. First time that's happened.

Good job. Well done.

Thanks for sharing.
LBQIO chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
that was really sweet
Blessedgrace chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
That was so sweet!
Solivagant chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Very well done, and Gibbs was in character. I lost my cousin in Iraq, so Veteran's Day isn't a holiday for me either. Love the fic.

~Cookie
ncislove chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
This was great!

I could so see Gibbs at Arlington, dressed sharply. And I love that Tony was there too.