Reviews for The Misfits in the Mountains
Kate chapter 3 . 11/18/2009
I just started reading things on here, and I wanted to let you know that your story is very good. The dialogue, particularly Bones's, is very well-written - I can really hear the actors' voices when i read it, and it fits with their personalities. Can't wait to see where this goes!
daisy07 chapter 3 . 11/18/2009
Another excellent informed chapter, with nicely observed characters. This is already a very intriguing case.
FauxMaven chapter 3 . 11/18/2009
Your case seems well thought out, and the story is free of meaningless fluff. You've caught the characters' voices as well.
FauxMaven chapter 2 . 11/18/2009
I like your chapter titles and clean, error-free writing. Well done and thank you.
MadeOfStars chapter 3 . 11/18/2009
Good balance between character interaction and science. I loved Brennan and Booth talking about Parker, probability and luck. Just enough sweetness there and just enough mystery in the case. Good work!
xBSBxBONESx chapter 3 . 11/17/2009
thanks for clearing up the embalming thing. it always seems that in episodes the bodies they exhume are embalmed so i thought it was a christian tradition (im jewish, and in judaism you aren't embalmed or cremated). so your unembalmed vic could also be jewish :)
TheLifeILive chapter 3 . 11/17/2009
Guess what I did as soon as I was finished reading this chapter? Looked up picutres of squirrels eating pizza. It was a good time, but now I have to go back to work.

Awesome chapter! I adored Booth and Brennan's conversation at the beginning.

Fantastic job setting up the case. I'm beyond intrigued.

Can't wait for the next chapter!

Leah
Silver-haired Fox chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
This story line has me absolutely fascinated like no other. Write fast! I can't believe how gripping I'm finding it and how much I look forward to the next chapter. Also there are none of the distractions you often find in fanfiction where spelling or language errors kind of bring you to a dead stop and throw you out of the story. Happily your story has none of that. So many of these stories are ruined for me by horrible spelling or really hopeless language. I'm not referring to the non-native speakers who make the effort to write in English but to the native speakers who don't even bother to spell check or use a word they have only heard spoken and don't attempt to look it up in the dictionary and frequently use another word that sounds similar but is entirely wrong.

Your story has a perfect mix of description and dialogue and the characters remain in character more than any other stories I have read in this forum so far.

Maybe after making the point of Bones talking in character we could cut just a little bit of the technical terminology on the basis that she dummies it up a bit out of consideration for Booth? On TV it goes by so fast you don't analyze it but seeing it in print I find myself trying to make out root words and such to totally understand the terminology. Not a flaw in your writing but more in my needing to understand completely everything I read.
daisy07 chapter 2 . 11/16/2009
I find all that information really interesting! Loved your reference to TV forensic programmes - very clever. This mystery is building up nicely, and I'm really looking forward to the next installment.
endobaby chapter 2 . 11/16/2009
LOL...loved the endinging..very technical information you just unloaded on your readers...I didn't none of those facts...now I feel like I can take on the Science part of Trivia Pursuit...thanks for the update...fascinating..

millie
Dreamerfrvrp3 chapter 2 . 11/15/2009
I love you and your stories. You are amazing when it comes to writing Brennan probably better than the writers on the show. I think I've read all of your fics and I can't get enough. Your plots and cases are always intriguing. I can't wait for the next chapter.
mendenbar chapter 2 . 11/14/2009
Yes, FFN is finally fixed! I have a friend who is a forensic chemist and she HATES going to court to testify as the juries all expect it to be like on TV. She says it takes at least 40 days to get DNA evidence! Liked this chapter a lot.
aadams00 chapter 2 . 11/14/2009
I'm really enjoying this story! Looking forward to more!

One question, are B&B just friends/partners in this story or are they a little something more? I loved that she so vividly imagined what his morning routine might be.
FauxMaven chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
I like your longer stories. And I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Appalachians.
BlindAssassinUK chapter 2 . 11/14/2009
I so look forward to reading your stories because I know I'm in very good hands. This story is supremely well crafted and, for me, you write the best Brennan.

To say that I'm looking forward to the next chapter would be an understatement.
63 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »