Reviews for Of Shoes and Ships and Sealing Wax
CantThinkaNuffin chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Very philosophical and introspective. I liked it.
the.write.way.42 chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
I loved the dynamic between Jack and Ianto. Also, the idea of Jack not getting the Wonderland reference was amusing.
jimmy-barnes-13 chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
Wonderous story! Fantastic references to pop culture :)
Orion Lyonesse chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
Cool! An unusual perspective between the two of them and something that was quite possible at the time. Using Wonderland imagery and allusions works.

Loved your details and descriptions. Also, the circular timing, from Ianto's allusions/thoughts to the later watching of the movie and discussion.

Keep writing!
Woodies101 chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
That was amazing. I love the way you describe Jack. Sometimes I feel like all we really know about Jack is his actions, and we can only guess at his motivation. So describing him only in terms of his action is brilliant. I'm playing with the idea of trying to do the same thing with Ianto (since we more often portray what Ianto is thinking). I don't know if it would work, since one of the glories of fanfiction instead of the tv show is thinking through the motivation of the characters.

Thank you very much.
Galadriel1010 chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
O, love that take on it. I don't neccesarily agree with it, but it's a beautifully crafted, extremely emotive punch-to-the-gut of a story :D

Gx
Tracyann45 chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
I have enjoyed the whole of the fic,

I just love anything to do with Jack & Ianto

Please write more janto, keep them both alive
rain angst chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
This is really good. I like the reference to the Matrix with the red pill. I agree with Ianto's assessment at the end on what wonderland is. Really enjoyed how you portrayed Ianto and Jack's interaction after Lisa. The ending is really good and I enjoyed the last sentence a lot. Got to love Janto! Great job with this story.
Captanne chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
"The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of shoes and ships and sealing wax; of cabbages and Kings; of why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings..."

SZ, I'm rendered (almost) speechless by this story. You usually do episode-like stories so it's fab to see a "slice of life" one.

Amongst other feelings, I did get a sekrit smile to know that you see the anger and chest-thumping between Jack and Ianto that I see...albeit portrayed in a different venue than my crap attempt at putting it into words.

Ianto may hero-worship our favourite Anti-Hero but he still has to present a challenge. A viable, credible and wholly sincere challenge.

GDL's Ianto is a bit of a Rubik's Cube, isn't he?

Wonderland, indeed.
Flinch-Hayward chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
I needed this fic, and I didn't realise before I read it. But now I feel slightly more whole.

Also - finally, somebody else that thinks things have been going on ever since Cyberwoman! Why does 90% of the fandom seem to think the stopwatch moment in TKKS was the first? Have I complained about this before?

I thought this captured the characters perfectly - speaking in metaphors because the truth is too painful, giving answers that seem clear-cut because it's easier than trying to explain away too much of themselves, dropping threads in conversation but never quite letting go... Just...nngh. Perfect. I honestly believe these two have never been more real to me than in your fics, you know. And probably Gwen, too, though I haven't seen enough of her to say with absolute certainty. I'd like to see a ficlet between Jack and Owen, actually. They have a very desperate, violent friendship that I'm sure you'd write wonderfully. But I should stop telling you to write things and be grateful for what I'm given.

Which I am. Of course. Always, when written by you. 3 I wasn't expecting a fic during November, but I can't say I'm not pleased about it, even if your NaNo word count dropped because of it. It was worth it for this piece of brilliance.
Ravenja70 chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
simply wonderful! And thanks for the bit of "pop culture" ;-) One of my favourite movies :-)
whovianbard chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Just amazing! Superb writing! Nothing more to be said!